-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
On one side of these arguments you have the faithless, hell-bound fools and on the other side you have the uneducated, blinder-wearing Bible thumpers (or at least that's how it seems they view each other when you read the banter).

And both views are probably 90% wrong-90% of the time.

Just like both sides are probably only 90% correct about the "facts" they spout (on either side of the argument).

And even with the same set of completely factual facts rights in front of them neither side will agree with the other, because they're viewing those facts through the lens of what they already "know". In that way these creation threads are just like the cop threads, just with different players and lingo.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i worry more about the future than the past for my children's sake.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
On one side of these arguments you have the faithless, hell-bound fools and on the other side you have the uneducated, blinder-wearing Bible thumpers (or at least that's how it seems they view each other when you read the banter).

And both views are probably 90% wrong-90% of the time.

Just like both sides are probably only 90% correct about the "facts" they spout (on either side of the argument).

And even with the same set of completely factual facts rights in front of them neither side will agree with the other, because they're viewing those facts through the lens of what they already "know". In that way these creation threads are just like the cop threads, just with different players and lingo.

and some of us have yet to figure how an old earth and evolution automatically cancel out god.....

course then again some people think a picture is faked just cause they have no clue there are places other than North America with different looking critters crazy seen alot of people claim that weasel photo is faked cause "woodpeckers dont look like that"......they do if you live in Europe.....

cant figure how anyone that reads anything about biogeography, which is simply the study of where critters live and why, can come up with anything but evolution.....but it requires learning bout a whole lot of different critters just not what lives in your back yard.....there are very definite reasons about why frogs only live in some places....or why marsupials vanish part way through the Indonesian archipelago...

course none of that says that god didnt kick start it all orhow we got to where we are todays....those are the why, why is theological....how is science....they arent mutually exclusive but they dont give yah facts to show how to mix the two....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
rattler,

no because they all bottom out the scale at 50,000 years ago.....which is the oldest you can use for carbon dating.....kinda like saying a 300 pound person only weights 250 pounds cause they bottomed out a 250 pound scale....no they dont weight 250, you need a different scale which is where things like Potassium-lead, calcium-argon, Chlorine-36 or other dating methods.....just cause you bottom out a scale doesnt mean its the only way to measure......get another, bigger phuggin scale

If the entire earth was carbon 14 it would decay into nitrogen in 50,000 years. But aside from that you are not keeping up with progress. There is a machine, I think it is, called an electron mass spectrometer. It is maybe 10 time more sensitive than anything prior to it. It shows carbon 14 in every sample that has been tested by it.

As far as the other dating methods you mentioned, if you break off chunks from the same rock and date them using different dating methods you can get dates varying as much as a billion years. That give confidence only to the faithful.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Rattler, everything you just said could be summed up by saying "I don't understand why they can't, or aren't smart enough, to see it my way".

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you realize carbon is everywhere.....in the air, on your skin....hell you transfer it from you to everything you touch....its in some of the CO2 you breath out so yeah it will turn up everywhere.....but just the presance of it isnt what they test for, they are looking for ratios in uncontaminated samples.....samples are easily contaminated for the very reasons i stated....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Rattler, everything you just said could be summed up by saying "I don't understand why they can't, or aren't smart enough, to see it my way".

has nothing to do with smarts, has to do with ignorance.....people dumber than me do often know alot of chit i dont, and i often know stuff people that are smarter than me dont....difference is the willingness or not to actually learn....my biogeagraphy example has nothing to do with fossils though they do sorta factor in when you want to look at how it has changed over time....but just the study of animals alive today will have anyone with the ability to learn anything asking questions about the voracity of the Noah story being exactly as said....

Last edited by rattler; 03/05/15.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like I said....

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd
Originally Posted by ingwe
Im waiting for the creationists to pipe up.

Here I am. wink

Just be aware that circular reasoning is a belief or dogma that then sees any new discover or "evidence" as confirmation of what you believe already want to continually reaffirm.

I'm am not dogmatic about how God created the work or in what time span ((New Earth vs Old Earth) but do believe the evidence is irrefutable. That there were bipedal hominids that were not human (without a soul) and animal and who were precursors to an historic Adam and Eve is proposed by Hugh Ross, an astro-physicist. You can google him if interested further.

A book for the "other side of the of the story," is Bones of Contention." Can't find it in my book case right now for the author but he is a theologian-anthropologist. Is is widely known that anthropology is one of the sciences that has been/is rife with conjecture, frauds, and constructs, etc in regard to some of the iconic finds we have all grown up, such as Peking Man, Java Man, and many others.

So, in the spirit of "fair and balanced," I offer up these other references for reviewing pleasure. smile

Great post with a humble and open minded attitude.. You won't see this from the hard core evolutionists who like to maintain a self anointed sense of arrogance and label any who would question the "dogmatic tenants of their faith" as "flat earthers".
I don't know exactly how the observable world was created but I do know that if you start with the assumption there is no God, you can only interpret any findings you make, within the framework of your presuppositions.
I seem to remember a whole set of evolutionary conclusions made from a "tooth". From that tooth, a whole humanoid of some type was constructed (Peking man I think?). For years it was touted as "established science". Turned out to be the tooth of an extinct pig.
Who knows, someday after thousands of years of scientific discoveries regarding the origin of the universe and climbing the "mountain of knowledge", we may just arrive at the pinnacle only to find several theologians have been there for a thousand years grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Ringman
Nope.

It used to be published that the commonality was >98.5%. It's now considered 95%.

Got a link to your diminished numbers?

Nope.

I did about two minutes looking and came to the following cut and paste. That is as far as I am going to look for you. It looks like I am not even current.

Human and [bleep] DNA--Nearly Identical?
by Jeffrey Tomkins, Ph.D. *
Evidence for Creation

For the past several decades, the standard mantra has been that humans are 98 percent genetically identical to [bleep]. However, this claim is based on cherry-picked data and does not take into account the vastly different regions of the two respective genomes.

Major research published over the past decade comparing human and [bleep] DNA was recently reviewed and critiqued.1 In every single publication, researchers only reported on the highly similar DNA sequence data and discarded the rest—apparently because it was too dissimilar. In fact, when the DNA similarities from these studies were recalculated using the omitted data, markedly lower levels—between 81 and 86 percent similarity—were found. Even the well-known [bleep] genome paper published by evolutionists in 2005 provides a genomic similarity of only about 80 percent when the discarded nonsimilar data are included and only 70 percent when the estimated size of the [bleep] genome is incorporated.2,3

Really? Tompkins?

Jeffrey Tomkins

Key claims

Biblical literalism
Young Earth
Old Earth
Global flood
Intelligent design

Jeffrey Tomkins is a "research associate" at the Institute for Creation Research. He has a PhD in genetics and master's degree in "plant science" from Clemson University and the University of Idaho respectively.[1][2]

His research for the ICR tends to be genetics related, and concentrated in 2011 on the genetic similarity between humans and [bleep]. He made much of his research's apparent discovery that the similarity between humans and [bleep] was 'merely' 86-89%. In 2012 his ICR News article on the sequencing of the Gorilla genome, Gorilla Genome Is Bad News for Evolution,[3] was attacked on Pharyngula as failing to understand the science.[4]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some folks’ grasp on their religious beliefs is so tenuous, so shaky that they’re afraid the least puff of knowledge will blow it away.

"Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith...?"

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
So true. New earth - old earth, neither messes with my salvation so I really don't care.

Bring it on fellow believers, I can stand the heat. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Bob how can this be?? There is other evidence that would suggest it's an inaccurate find. shocked as so many are convinced otherwise. whistle

Lets stir the pot.. grin

http://www.discoverynews.us/DISCOVE...0Old%20As%20We%20Have%20Been%20Told.html

take it you dont believe in an Ice Age....answer to alot of the chit on there makes sense if you realize sea levels have moved 300 feet in the last 10,000 years or so.....the Great Barrier Reef is actually really phugging young, most of the animals there arent even endemic, they moved down with the sea level changes out of the reefs in the various Southeast Asian and Pacific Islands.....aborigines in Australia were walking on hard ground where the reef is now for thousands of years....also tells you why the Mississippi river delta doesnt ook that big and Niagara, which was covered with ice and not eroding for quite awhile due to there being a mile of ice over top of it....

Sure I believe in ice ages but so much of this is total horse chit..Can you cozy up to these interpretations? I probably could after a half bottle of Buff Trace! grin

"On the basis of facts obtained from 1835 to 1965, this magnetic field appears to have a half-life of just 1,400 years. On this basis, even 20,000 years ago there would have been enough "Joule" heat to liquefy the entire earth! One million years ago the earth would have had greater magnetism than all objects in the universe and it would have vaporized"

"Consider this: If the world were even 1 million years old, there should be nearly 84 feet of top soil! That would be a farmers delight . . . but the fact is, the shallow topsoil points to an earth that is not over 10,000 years old."

Interesting link you have posted. Made me do a little research.
Earth Rotation:
Anything but smooth and steady. The average day is growing longer by about 15 to 25 millionths of a second every year. Pesky little events like earthquakes keep speeding things back up by a couple of microseconds. In any event, in 140 million years, give or take a few, we are all going to need 25 hour clocks.
Looking back to the beginning, the earth was without void. Just a big mass of gas, dust, and rocks. A big spin zone.

Magnetic Field Decay:
According to National Geographic and the earth's geologic record, our planet's magnetic field flips on an average of once every 200,000 years.
We are way overdue, our last flip was about 780,000 years ago. And each flip takes a few thousand years. This is called maintenance and prevents that dreaded decay.

Earth's Topsoil:
In the past 1 million years there has, no doubt, been much more than 84 feet of top soil on average. Deposited and eroded in endless cycles that can be measured and counted by anyone with honest eyes. The rocks keep the records.

Niagara Falls:
Were created about 10,000 years ago when all that Wisconsin ice melted. Hell of a mess.

River Deltas:
The modern day Mississippi River Delta plain is about 7-8,000 years old. And it don't look nothing like the delta cycles that came before. Trust me on that.

Growth of Ocean Coral:
Again we are back to all that ice melting. Wiped out most the continental shelve coral reefs about 10,000 years ago, but the Great Barrier Reef is closer to 20,000 years old. Volcanoes and tectonic plate shifting took the rest.
NEWSFLASH: Sea levels rise and fall. Coral drowns in 500 feet of sea water.

Tree Rings: Of course, everyone knows that the California Sequoias are mere teenagers. The Bristlecone pine is the current record holder at a tad over 11,000 years. Almost 5,000 years for live trees. Cloning trees without tree ring measurement such as quaking aspen have been estimated to be 80,000 years old.

Then there are all those petrified trees and their rings mixed in with the dino bones.

Class dismissed.

Last edited by BOWSINGER; 03/06/15.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
The scientist in that link, "Dr." Thomas G Barnes:

Thomas G. Barnes (August 14, 1911 – October 23, 2001) was an American creationist, who argued in support of his religious belief in a young earth with claims that the Earth's magnetic field was consistently decaying and that Einstein's theory of relativity was incorrect. He believed that his arguments were strong enough to cast into doubt the measured age of the Earth and timescales required for evolution, but only found support for his ideas among fellow creationists.[1]

Barnes obtained three degrees in Physics: an AB from Hardin-Simmons University in 1933, an MS from Brown University under Robert Bruce Lindsay in 1936, and an honorary Sc.D. again from Hardin-Simmons University in 1950. His detractors have questioned his credentials based on that fact that his doctorate was honorary.[

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This is a very scientific and interesting site that discusses creation vs evolution from many different angles. I became interested in this web site when I heard Dr. Bert Thompson in person, when he came to deliver a message at our church back in the 1980s. Very powerful speaker.

http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=9

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (808outdoors, ATC, Bclark, 10gaugemag, 11 invisible), 2,087 guests, and 726 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,670
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.