Hop To
Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by Bristoe
http://kentuckysportsradio.com/bask...s-not-in-any-rush-to-go-pro-happy-at-uk/

Alex confirmed that he’s still on track to graduate in three years–“a big plus”–and on the court, still has “a lot of things I need to improve on.”

Article from a year ago. He played sparingly in 8 of the first 10 games this year.........never played again.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
,....so what's your point?

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

Go back to the article I cited.

After a strong freshman season, he could have been a lottery pick in the weak 2013 NBA draft, but made a questionable bet, electing to return to Kentucky after what had been a down year for the program.

The coach who you profess to know "kicks his NBA draft picks out of the nest"........didn't offer that service to Poythress. And gladly accepted his return to Kentucky to shore up an off year.

His minutes and touches plunged the next season, though, as the program made room for Julius Randle and other incoming star freshmen. After a disappointing sophomore season, Poythress elected to return again as a junior.

It's important to remember that Poythress already had essentially lost millions of dollars by this point, both in the damage done to his draft stock and in the wages he missed out on by delaying his professional career by a year. If he hoped to restore his reputation with a strong junior season, that's understandable, but the decision backfired horribly.

It certainly was Poythress' decision to make, but "Father Cal's" motives and involvement aren't as altruistic as you define.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
The Coach Cal asskisssing is pretty pathetic IMO. Half of UK"s players went straight to the locker room after losing, instead of shaking hands with Wisconsin's team.

Truly a show of no class. Then the classless quip at the press conference with regards to the national player of the year Kaminsky, coming from one of the Harrison boys......more classless antics. Pretty sad to act like that when you get your assss beat.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by GrandView

Go back to the article I cited.

After a strong freshman season, he could have been a lottery pick in the weak 2013 NBA draft, but made a questionable bet, electing to return to Kentucky after what had been a down year for the program.

The coach who you profess to know "kicks his NBA draft picks out of the nest"........didn't offer that service to Poythress. And gladly accepted his return to Kentucky to shore up an off year.

His minutes and touches plunged the next season, though, as the program made room for Julius Randle and other incoming star freshmen. After a disappointing sophomore season, Poythress elected to return again as a junior.

It's important to remember that Poythress already had essentially lost millions of dollars by this point, both in the damage done to his draft stock and in the wages he missed out on by delaying his professional career by a year. If he hoped to restore his reputation with a strong junior season, that's understandable, but the decision backfired horribly.

It certainly was Poythress' decision to make, but "Father Cal's" motives and involvement aren't as altruistic as you define.

You're barkin' at the moon.

Poythress is a long way from being a sure bet. I wish the best for him,...but he's still got to show something,...and he hasn't yet.

IC B2

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
[/quote]
Lesson that might be learned is your time in HS can be pretty damn important. [/quote]
Oops,
Should have said academically deficient.

Feel the Bern in your wallet.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G

You're barkin' at the moon.

Poythress is a long way from being a sure bet. I wish the best for him,...but he's still got to show something,...and he hasn't yet.

And you're avoiding the issue.

The time frame at issue is 2013. Check the mock drafts from that era and tell me he was defined as "a long way from a sure bet".

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
MSU is getting shredded by Duke...

I think Kentucky will do the same to Wisconsin.

It was a good run for the big 10, but it ends tonight.
You probably also thought the Queens would win a Super Bowl..

laugh laugh

(Sorry - couldn't resist..)

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
MSU is getting shredded by Duke...

I think Kentucky will do the same to Wisconsin.

It was a good run for the big 10, but it ends tonight.
You probably also thought the Queens would win a Super Bowl..

laugh laugh

(Sorry - couldn't resist..)
LMAO! Classic Redneck! I can't wait for tonight. I get to see Tyus Jones-local kid done good, who I got to see play live at Burnsville (and yes-he is THAT good) and my neighbors, Wisconsin go for a national chmpionship. It's gonna be a fun night. I hope it's a good game, and I'm pulling for the Badgers and the Big 10. Boy, the talking head's are gonna be spinning if the Big 10 takes the football AND basketball national championships in the same school year.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Just a thought for you...WHEN Wisconsin beats Duke tonight they will be the first team EVER to do it by beating the highest possible seed in ALL 6 GAMES....tell me again how great Kentucky is...

Mauser Rescue Society
Founder, President, and Chairman

I don't always shoot Mausers, but when I do...I prefer VZ-24s.

jdi do píči
IC B3

Page 17 of 17 1 2 15 16 17

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (6mmbrfan, 14idaho, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 12 invisible), 1,554 guests, and 779 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,518
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.