Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
God does not love everyone.

That's some sick chit right there.

WTF is wrong with you, anyway?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

GB1

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I wish the fools could have the God they want, just them... can't wait to see their surprise in the next life, it'll be epic.

Kent

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This reminds me of G. Gordon Liddy's old talk show ,...they'd cut to a commercial break with a somnolent and deep bass voice bellowing , "Godddddd will punish you !)

....never failed to crack me up, and if one had to dredge up a moniker for the humor and thrust, I'd say it would be a fine sense of REVERENT irreverence.

I dunno' who came up with the term "Baptist Taliban" here,....
but it's a damn good fit for some of the guff being posted.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Ringman

You need professional help.

Please seek it.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by krp
I wish the fools could have the God they want, just them... can't wait to see their surprise in the next life, it'll be epic.

Kent

laugh laugh

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By Ringman

Please seek it.

Do we beleive a professional or God's Word?

Leviticus 20:23
"'Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nations which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them.'"

Psalm 5:4-5
"For You are not a God Who takes pleasure in wickedness; no evil dwells with You. The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You do hate all who do iniquity."

Psalm 11:5
"The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."

Psalm 78:58-59
"For they provoked Him with their high places, and aroused His jealousy with their graven images. When God heard, He was filled with wrath and greatly abhorred Israel;"

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Words written by men.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Sauer200,

Words written by men.

So you want me to listen to the words of a professional man who does not know God instead of accepting what is supose to be Words inspired by God? Do you believe any of the Bible? If so, why? How do you determine Which Words in God's Word to believe?

Everyday Hunter
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
antelope_sniper,

So are you saying he really WANTS to send people to hell, just so heaven isn't so crowded??

What kind of love is that?

You remind me of the people who read reviews of the movie Expelled, No Intellegence Allowed instead of watching the movie. You need to read the Bible before you ask question like the above. God does not love everyone. God is Infinite. He offered the Gift of His Son for the redemption of all. If someone rejects His Gift of His Son He is Infinitely angry and Infinitely punishes them, eternally. God is NOT Inifinte from neutral to nice. God is Infinite. So when He is good by our standards He is great. When he is bad by our standards, He is terrible.
For those who love Him He will give more reason to love Him in eternity. For those who don't love Him He will give more reason not to in eternity.

If you think the God of the Christian Bible is infinite, you don't understand the meaning of the work infinite. The Christian God is a small small, petty, with the disposition of a child before bedtime. When you compare the Christian creation myth with the modern cosmology, you see just how small the thinking of it's writers really were.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
If you think the God of the Christian Bible is infinite, you don't understand the meaning of the work infinite. The Christian God is a small small, petty, with the disposition of a child before bedtime. When you compare the Christian creation myth with the modern cosmology, you see just how small the thinking of it's writers really wer

You ever read the Part where God, of the Bible, claims to span the stars with His right hand?

Let's go with God having a disposition of a child with infinite power. That is a very dangerous combination for those who blaspheme Him. For those who don't know what the word infinite means, it means without bounds of any kind. That would include energy, time, knowledge, presence or any other kind of bound one could conceive. So, yes, I understand the concept of infinite. As far as I'm concerned this cosmos is a small toy in the boundless toy box of the God of the Bible.

Everyday Hunter
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If you think the God of the Christian Bible is infinite, you don't understand the meaning of the work infinite. The Christian God is a small small, petty, with the disposition of a child before bedtime. When you compare the Christian creation myth with the modern cosmology, you see just how small the thinking of it's writers really wer

You ever read the Part where God, of the Bible, claims to span the stars with His right hand?

Let's go with God having a disposition of a child with infinite power. That is a very dangerous combination for those who blaspheme Him. For those who don't know what the word infinite means, it means without bounds of any kind. That would include energy, time, knowledge, presence or any other kind of bound one could conceive. So, yes, I understand the concept of infinite. As far as I'm concerned this cosmos is a small toy in the boundless toy box of the God of the Bible.

If God is infinite why does God need hands to create?
Sounds to me like someone trying to explain something that they don't understand.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I see you did not read the Story. His Word says He spoke and it was.

Everyday Hunter
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
That's the thing about these type threads....

Ringman always has to get his two saints in.

smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
"First the question:

Are you WILLING to believe that there is a spiritual dimension in the universe, and that we can connect to that dimension using only our thoughts?"

Why would I waste time presenting evidence to a completely closed mind?

At the present time, you don't think much of string theory, but your mind is not completely closed on the subject. You are willing to be convinced of its truth.

But.... on spiritual matters, you are NOT willing to be convinced. You just KNOW there is no spiritual dimension, but you offer no source for how you came to that belief.

If I suggested to you that we throw a ball up in the air 100 times and see if it comes back down every time, would I be starting with a "flawed premise" even though I didn't predict the outcome?

You actually lack the one essential trait of a true scientist..... an open mind on topics that have NEVER been dis proven.

EVERY scientifically proven fact is compatible with there being a spiritual dimension, and yet you reject the idea.

So... your dis belief is NOT grounded in scientific principles.

It's just a faith you hold to.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Originally Posted By Ringman

Please seek it.

Do we beleive a professional or God's Word?

Leviticus 20:23
"'Moreover, you shall not follow the customs of the nations which I shall drive out before you, for they did all these things, and therefore I have abhorred them.'"

Psalm 5:4-5
"For You are not a God Who takes pleasure in wickedness; no evil dwells with You. The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You do hate all who do iniquity."

Psalm 11:5
"The LORD tests the righteous and the wicked, and the one who loves violence His soul hates."

Psalm 78:58-59
"For they provoked Him with their high places, and aroused His jealousy with their graven images. When God heard, He was filled with wrath and greatly abhorred Israel;"

Jacob I loved and Esau i hated before i placed them in their mothers womb.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 26 of 26 1 2 24 25 26

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,908 guests, and 1,229 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,347
Posts18,468,794
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.