Hoped this might get more "air time" here...

Just a really neat start for an awesome young lady. Hope she does well!

[Linked Image]

My name is Robin Johnson. I am a 16 year old sophomore at Soldotna High School in Soldotna, Alaska. Last summer I competed in Aurora, Colorado at the Raw National Power-lifting Competition and on that day, I achieved something that most individuals never get to experience. I broke the American back squat, bench, and overall total records; I accumulated a total of 743.5 pounds; I back squatted 286.5 pounds, benched 149 pounds, and dead-lifted 308 pounds.

Amazingly that day I became the strongest sub junior girl in the entire nation from ages 14-19 in the weight class of 158 pounds at the largest power-lifting meet in history. It didn’t stop there. I was then invited to represent our country at the 2015 Raw World Championship that will be held this June in Salo, Finland. Each weight class gets a representative, and I will be the representative of the 158 pound sub junior division.

I’ve been training power-lifting very seriously and I will be very proud to represent my country on a World level competition in which I believe I can be the strongest 14-19 year old female in the world.

This sport has a tremendous impact on the formation of my character, teaching me to be focused, dedicated, honest, and generous with my time and talents. Living in a small town in Alaska can be challenging, especially for teenagers, for this reason I strive to advocate for teen's health in my community.

I value the importance of education, and for this reason in spite of the long hours dedicated to my training, I am also able to maintain a good GPA (3.6).

Although my family has been very supportive in my achievements, great expenses are associated with the participation to this world level competition, and we are not able to afford all of them on our own. For this reason any monetary contribution would be greatly appreciated since they will allow me to compete in this world championship representing the United States of America.

The estimate cost of this trip will be over ten thousands dollars, which will cover plane tickets, hotel , food, transportation, and competition registration.

USAPL ( USA Power-lifting) has a “Designated Beneficiary” program where donations are tax deductible.

Any contribution will be tremendously appreciated. Thank you very much for your support.

Sincerely,

Robin Johnson

Link to help: http://www.gofundme.com/robinjohnson

"You've been here longer than the State of Alaska is old!"
*** my Grandaughters