-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What the packers fans seem incapable of grasping is that this law and the reason for it has nothing to do with discriminating against homosexuals.

The intent of this law and the protection businesses are seeking has solely to do with gay marriage, nothing to do with discrimination.

If one is a Christian, he or she cannot in any way condone, support or participate in a gay marriage. The reason for the gay marriage push in this country is to get the public to affirm and condone the gay lifestyle as legitimate and equal to that of a hetrosexual union.

The Gospel clearly states to hate the sin but love the sinner. Supporting gay union in any way shape or form is embracing the sin, which is diametrically opposed to Christ's teachings and the Church.

People can spin it any way they want, but that is the truth of the matter.

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KFWA
not an expert but the right to refuse service to anyone is just that - a single person who for whatever reason makes you as the owner decide you won't serve them

however - you can't reserve the right to refuse service to a class of people and if you state that you have a policy of doing so, it won't end well for you.

now is that limited to classes of people that are protected - race, gender, religion, handicapped, etc? I don't know

if Rand Paul were to be a serious contender for president, this is a major issue he'll have to fight because he believes strongly in individual property laws (as did Goldwater which is why he voted against the civil rights act) - and he believes that if you own a property , its your right to determine who with and how you conduct your business - and the basic laws of capitalism would determine if you stay solvent.

But the federal government, using the commerce act (intended for railroads in the 1850's) says otherwise.

Excellent post!! I tried to argue that perspective with liberal coworkers (teachers-ugh) and they pretty much looked at me like I was just another bigoted homophobe. No concept of property rights or how the market would pick winners and losers. They just threw around the commerce clause.

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
That was good; informative. Who did his hair plugs?

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
"The amendment to the Religious Freedom Restoration Act released Thursday prohibits service providers from using the law as a legal defense for refusing to provide services, goods, facilities or accommodations. It also bars discrimination based on race, color, religion, ancestry, age, national origin, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or United States military service."

So how long until a church falls under service provider and the homosexuals demand churches allow them to get married in their buildings?

I think that's where the ultimate push is going. Camel's nose under the tent flap and all.

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What exactly does the RFRA do if it does not permit a religious objection as a defense?

And what is a service provider under the laws definition?

And does the amendment apply to civil and criminal cases?

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

563 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,532 guests, and 1,337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,135
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.