Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Kentucky_Windage
Originally Posted by rost495
lol, it has nothing to do with bolt guns.

Just what you get used to.

Beg to differ for those new to ARs. My point is simply this: For some who may have spent a lifetime shooting fine triggers on bolt guns, and are making their initial foray into ARs, they're more than likely going to want a trigger that feels quite similar. I may be wrong, but I don't recall the OP saying anything about running a competition gun.

ok, I forget sometimes I"m the exception. I have always been able to go back and forth with any trigger. Single stage and creepy up to about 7-8 pounds if need be. Single stage in ounces. 2 stage up to 7.5 pounds once wiht a mishap and no time to retune... 2 stage in ounces.

About everything in between.

Trigger use or the ability not to, is simply in the head. If I can conquer this anyone should be able to. My wife never knew guns to speak of before we met, other than red ryder.... she got used to every trigger we've ever gone through and did very well in competition becoming distinguished etc.... She conquered it well too.

Not all bolts have single stage triggers. And if you find a fine light single stage crisp clean trigger for an AR, PLEASE let me know. Its probably out of my buddies price range, but I"m always open to knowledge.

For wareagle, I have not heard of any issues with jewel 2 stage in NRA highpower bolt guns. Maybe they are not used in the tactical type matches that you see around here and there, but for mainstay highpower, Jewel has been really reliable over the years.

YMMV.

If you can't deal with something then I am in the wrong, just don't use it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

For wareagle, I have not heard of any issues with jewel 2 stage in NRA highpower bolt guns. Maybe they are not used in the tactical type matches that you see around here and there, but for mainstay highpower, Jewel has been really reliable over the years.

I know benchrest guys and belly benchrest guys love them. I would assume they would make a great highpower trigger also. I prefer the wider shoe of the timney and have very little interest in a trigger pull under 2lbs. I have been told by more than a few than a few experienced run and gun shoters / snipers to either avoid jewell triggers or carry a bottle of zippo lighter fluid with you for a hard use rifle. Although, with the Sako TRG I don't have to worry about which trigger to use anymore. wink

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For $95 the RR 2 stage is a great trigger

I have one with JP springs and have had no issues with it

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
T
TWR Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
AR triggers are the most argued upgrade one can make. We have this same question pop up at least once a month here and we'll never all agree on a single brand or even single stage vs 2 stage.

I shoot 2 stage triggers in my AR's, single stage in my bolt guns, a 1911 trigger, a Glock trigger, a S&W Shield trigger, DAO revolver triggers and even a Sig DA/SA trigger. I've never had a problem going back and forth and most of you guys haven't either.

So why do I choose 2 stage? It keeps the original safety design in place yet allows the lightest, crispest trigger pull while remaining safe. I've not been impressed with any aluminum cased box trigger. RR's are ok once the brad is removed, springs are changed and edges are polished but for my money I'll take the Geissele G2S for $30 more and just shoot it. Jewell's suck.

But everyone has their favorites.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by wareagle700

I know benchrest guys and belly benchrest guys love them. I would assume they would make a great highpower trigger also. I prefer the wider shoe of the timney and have very little interest in a trigger pull under 2lbs. I have been told by more than a few than a few experienced run and gun shoters / snipers to either avoid jewell triggers or carry a bottle of zippo lighter fluid with you for a hard use rifle. Although, with the Sako TRG I don't have to worry about which trigger to use anymore. wink

Never shot a sniper or run/gun match. So I have no knowledge tehre, most of my life I was limited to service rifle 4.5 pound minimum trigger. So you went 2 stage so at least the 2nd stage is a pound or two... Jewels there in the AR were not worth the money to me.

Timney will get my test as I think they are the only ones with a 788 trigger still... IIRC just have not gotten that far to order one or an AR trigger from them either as I've spend hundreds on single stage triggers, for the AR and never felt a good one.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I was not blown away with the Timney AR trigger. I much prefer the Geissele.

John 8:12 "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Originally Posted by wareagle700
Love my Geissele triggers. The SSA-E is my go-to choice for a non adjustable trigger.

I agree. Have a single stage on one, can't remember the brand, but it is way too light. The SSA-E is perfect for me.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Anybody have experience with elftmann triggers? I just bought one on a whim to try out.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (1eyedmule, 007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,686 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,566
Posts18,453,797
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.