Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Tell me again why we need California

Just a staging area for illegals.

Any bet's on whether this fine, upstanding, yet misunderstood and mistreated business was/is using undocumented workers?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
it was and is impossible to do any business using manual/physical labor in California without using "undocumented" workers. Many, Many had and have "Green cards" that may or may not be genuine. I had employee's that had Green cards that I were suspect and tried to verify. I hit a stonewall of resistance from the very agency's that were there to verify.
I finally had enough and escaped and pity anyone still trapped in California.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Milk is for babies.
All the D you need is outside and in natural greens.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Tell me again why we need California

California: Largest economy in the US and eighth largest economy in the world. Are you all really so stupid? Tell me why we need you.

Farming, or anything else for that matter, is easy when your plow's a keyboard and you're a 1000 miles from the field.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Water maybe...?

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A LOT of dairies have moved out of CA in recent years. They're all here in so. Idaho. Hundreds of thousands of cows. I wonder why this one didn't move.

I'm not an environmental supporter for sure, but I'd just as soon send all the stinkin dairies back to CA, even the ones that didn't migrate from there. Most all family farms are nothing but a memory anyway so it's not like it's the little guts vs. the government.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by deerstalker
it was and is impossible to do any business using manual/physical labor in California without using "undocumented" workers. Many, Many had and have "Green cards" that may or may not be genuine. I had employee's that had Green cards that I were suspect and tried to verify. I hit a stonewall of resistance from the very agency's that were there to verify.
I finally had enough and escaped and pity anyone still trapped in California.

Schitt, most dairies around here might have one or two that speak English and direct the rest. Most in the ag industry want no part of employee verification. Just one of Idaho's dirty little secrets. Everyone bitches about securing the borders, but hire illegals by the truckload.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A LOT of dairies have moved out of CA in recent years. They're all here in so. Idaho. Hundreds of thousands of cows. I wonder why this one didn't move.

I'm not an environmental supporter for sure, but I'd just as soon send all the stinkin dairies back to CA, even the ones that didn't migrate from there. Most all family farms are nothing but a memory anyway so it's not like it's the little guts vs. the government.

Don't have a problem with the dairies being here - but if we don't make them clean up their act, we're going to regret it. Idaho's larger rivers (lower Snake, Boise, and Payette) are flowing cesspools, compared to 40 years ago. Runoff from the dairies is part of the problem. Commercial farms are in the mix too.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The Snake below Buhl gets so much moss in the summer that it's not boatable in some spots. Some years ago, the governor took an inspection boat trip in the Thousand Springs area to see how bad it gets. They got the boat high centered in the moss and needed a tow. It's not all from cows, though. The potato processing plants at Burley dump a lot of nitrates in the water, too.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
He will be happier. Best move I ever made was selling them damn milk cows. No human should have to live like that..3am till 9pm 24-7 - 365 days. Beef is the way to go not milk.

NOVIT EMIM DOMINUS QUI SUNT EUIS {Arnauld Amalric} "Kill them all,God will know His." Never trust Horses ,Women and very few Mules.A good rifle will let in lots of AIR AND LIGHT.
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Running a dairy has got to be one of the toughest things going.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by catosilvaje
He will be happier. Best move I ever made was selling them damn milk cows. No human should have to live like that..3am till 9pm 24-7 - 365 days. Beef is the way to go not milk.
Several years ago my wife wanted to get either a cow or a milk goat. I told her to enjoy because I was going camping. It doesn't matter if you milk 1 or 20, you still have to be there twice a day. There are no vacations. I refuse to play that game.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

502 members (007FJ, 163bc, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 160user, 17CalFan, 47 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,603
Posts18,454,790
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.