Hop To
#9767972 04/15/15
F
Fraser Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
F
If I'm looking to buy a winch is there an online vendor that you would trust to have the best prices on name brand products?

"Hail to the King, Baby!"
Ash, Army of Darkness
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Amazon.com

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
etrailer.com. I have bought several truck/camper/trailer things rom them and they were the cheapest around. They carry about everything.

JC Whitney and Northern Tool would be a good place to look too

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by badger
Amazon.com
That used to be the case. They've upped their prices, though. I do a lot of shopping on there but when I decide to buy something, I can usually (not always) find it cheaper elsewhere, even considering shipping.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Don't know for sure if it's the lowest, but I got a great price on a 10,000 lb Engo winch from Rockridge 4 wheel drive:

That winch has worked out well by the way.

Guy

IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
It's been a long time since I bought the last one. Never seem to wear them out.

I found the info I wanted, picked the model, then googled it. Found a guy in Az that was about $150 less and shipped free.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Here try Sams Offroad. This is the last one I bought a long time back and have had zero issues with it. There may be better prices somewhere else but this is pretty dang good.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by badger
Amazon.com
That used to be the case. They've upped their prices, though. I do a lot of shopping on there but when I decide to buy something, I can usually (not always) find it cheaper elsewhere, even considering shipping.

I'm happy. Bought a Superwinch (4500lb) for my side by side a few weeks ago on Amazon for $221.00 and free freight. Their return policy is great if there are any problems, and the Superwinch warranty is great. Win win for me.

Last edited by badger; 04/17/15. Reason: Punkchuashin, spelling wuz fine.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GuyM
Don't know for sure if it's the lowest, but I got a great price on a 10,000 lb Engo winch from Rockridge 4 wheel drive:

That winch has worked out well by the way.

Guy

Great winch at a very good price. The guy that owns that company is one of the former bigwigs for Ramsey winches.

Here is the best deal I've found on them. Krawl off road. The prices seem to be the best and they offer free shipping.

They did pretty good in in Petersons Fourwheeler magazine winch shoot out a few years ago.

Winch Shoot Out.

All that said, like SuperWinch and a bunch of others, it is a Chinese manufactored product. It is an American owned company though and support and parts are avalible.

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If you're dead set on a Warn (never a bad move) you might be intersted in this thread. It seems this outfit offers 30% discounts on them from time to time. They have a 20% discount going on right now, Code: EARTHLF3P.

I have never done business with the company and am only passing on the info I've read.

Wrangler forum

Zoro.com

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I've got one of those Warn winches that fits into a 2" receiver hitch. It's out in the garage, all covered up and I haven't used it in about five years ... in fact, the truck I used it on is long gone.

I'll have to dig it out and sell it one day. It's too darned heavy to ship, so I'll probably sell it locally.

The wiring went with the three-quarter ton Avalalche, but here in Portland, where Warn products are made, finding the Warn front receiver hitch and the wiring is a simple matter. The buyer can worry about that.

Anyway, thanks for reminding me of something I'd almost forgotten.

Easter Blessings,

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I have had my Warn on my Dodge since 1998. It also is the 2"reciever mount type, front or back. I put it I on for hunting season and then take it off after the seasons closes. I think I have had it unspooled maybe 5 times, twice here at home. Those other three times, it sure saved my butt.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Yeah, mine's the same. Used it once out of Brusett, Montana and saved my buddy's truck from sliding down into a horrible ravine. Other than that, it's just been insurance.

KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hey Steve, when you decide to sell, give me heads up....

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by KDK
Hey Steve, when you decide to sell, give me heads up....

My friend,

Will do. Let me do a bit of research on price first. Want to be VERY fair to both buyer and seller.

Steve

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 19rabbit52, 12344mag, 1936M71, 16penny, 54 invisible), 2,766 guests, and 1,173 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,523
Posts18,452,769
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.