-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad it turned out okay for the victim, poor shooting not withstanding.

I can't find the video but it reminds me of that movie scene where Danny Devito is running away, shooting over his shoulder, not even bothering to look back to aim. grin

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by deflave
Does that mean he lost?

Nope.

Certainly ain't nothin' to crow about though. In pool, we used to call that "slop". The good players (I never was one) would admit it and put that ball back on the table.

The perp apparently got away clean. The victim escaped with no injury and a hole in his car. I admit it's a favorable outcome, but if we're keeping score it still looks like the 5.7 shooter is still in the game but down on points.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I didn't know the guy with the 5.7 was crowing.

Perhaps we should develop a scoring system so it can be taught in concealed carry classes. Then it would be easier to differentiate a win from a loss.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I didn't know the guy with the 5.7 was crowing.

Perhaps we should develop a scoring system so it can be taught in concealed carry classes. Then it would be easier to differentiate a win from a loss.

The evidence presented actually suggests the 5.7 shooter is being quiet about it. The crowing, as it were, seems to emanate from the writer of the article and those calling this a "win".

I'll just concede here that one can win with skill or with luck.......if one is lucky. I'm not above being happy about a stroke of amazingly good luck, but I'm not comfortable calling it a win. As a matter of discussion, I prefer to focus on the luck. Just the way I'm made.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

G
gmoats Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G

Apparently comment was necessary.

Since it came off of a gun blog, there was emphasis placed on the gun which is irrelevant----a miss is a miss.

….winning or losing the fight was also not the point.

This story seems to support Cooper's premise that high capacity is virtuous if you can't shoot or plan to miss a lot. One wonders how the victim would have faired with a 5 shot J-frame.

Last edited by gmoats; 04/22/15.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Probably the same outcome, but with 15 less chances to actually hit something important.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gmoats
This story seems to support Cooper's premise that high capacity is virtuous if you can't shoot or plan to miss a lot.

I had no idea the guy couldn't shoot on a square range and planned to miss a lot.

Seems that article left a lot of information out!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hopefully, everyone will get the chance to demonstrate their live fire accuracy, so we can discuss this like gentlemen.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RWE
Hopefully, everyone will get the chance to demonstrate their live fire accuracy, so we can discuss this like gentlemen.

Hopefully not.

Didn't notice anyone here claiming they could have done better. Some of us can't help pointing out that it was less than ideal (myself, because I refuse to endorse it as the desirable outcome - as if it really matters wink ) and some of us are expressing that it was close enough.

And, BTW - I thought the exchange has been quite polite and genteel. smile

G
gmoats Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
G
….I had no idea the guy couldn't shoot on a square range and planned to miss a lot…..

…..that's why I'm here…………to enlighten you!! :-)

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Since it came off of a gun blog, there was emphasis placed on the gun which is irrelevant.
Not completely irrelevant, since the high capacity factor might have been the major factor saving his life, I.e., the perp may not have continued running away had only two rounds been fired, for example, from a Davis derringer.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Since it came off of a gun blog, there was emphasis placed on the gun which is irrelevant.
Not completely irrelevant, since the high capacity factor might have been the major factor saving his life, I.e., the perp may not have continued running away had only two rounds been fired, for example, from a Davis derringer.

Yes, it is completely irrelevant. Because a derringer was not his only other choice. It would be relevant if suppressive fire is being espoused as a reasonable civilian defense tactic. There's your opening..........

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Yes, it is completely irrelevant. Because a derringer was not his only other choice. It would be relevant if suppressive fire is being espoused as a reasonable civilian defense tactic. There's your opening..........

I think that he felt he needed to fire all rounds, else he would have stopped sooner.
The object is to protect ones self and to survive unharmed if possible. He accomplished the objective, therefore he won.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jwp475

I think that he felt he needed to fire all rounds, else he would have stopped sooner.
The object is to protect ones self and to survive unharmed if possible. He accomplished the objective, therefore he won.

Depends on your definition of "harmed". Still want to see the bill for the holes in the car and the garage.

I know it's arguing semantics, but I have a little different concept of what "win" means. Kind of like the difference between surviving and thriving when stranded in the woods. In this case, it seems the 5.7 shooter might have "thrived" if he were shooting blanks. I'd sooner call that a "win". wink

I know, I know.......any landing you can walk away from.........

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Reminds me of the time a White House security guy was here to shoot. Big guy, twice my size, full of himself. Put a target out what looked like 7 FEET and proceeded to ventilate AIR with a Glock. My friend Pete came down the hill and asked to shoot the gun. He took the center bull out shooting as fast as he could and so did I. The jerk watched me take 100 yard targets with my revolver from the bench, some as small as 1". He never came back. I hope he is protecting Obumbler! You could stand next to him!
Why would you run and shoot when the perp missed first? Most likely held his gun sideways and threw bullets at the guy. Break dancing all the while.
Sounds like the terrorist standing behind a berm, holding his AK up in the air at full auto.
And 20 wasted shots-WOW! He did not win, next time the perps will chase him with a stick.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

679 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 63 invisible), 3,072 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,698
Posts18,456,710
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.