-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Browning did make a good one for your purpose

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't have dehumidification or air circulation in my concrete vault. And I've not had any moisture or rust issues in my safes, 8 years now.

my walls are 8" thick, ceiling is 6" thick and it is the floor level is even with my living space, just an extension into a closet. The room is 8x8ft. the lack of circulation is slow to resist temperature extremes, fast exchanges in temp extremes causes metal to sweat and condensate, it happens to my engine blocks on the mopars in the garage.

it doesn't happen to my gun barrels in my uninsulated concrete, above ground vault.

lots of armchair speculators talking out of their ass on here, I live in a humid climate and have had no issues. I also keep my chit well oiled too and I check it at least monthly, like I said so far no issues.

you western folks living at 10% humidity live in a fantasy land, around here you can watch stuff mold or rust in a matter of hours

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by CCCC
Just noticed the comment about your using all poured concrete construction. Not knowing your method or materials for that, I would express one caution. We once incoprporated an extra underground room because it would be inexpensive/convenient/useful - with concrete floor and walls made using "build block" (constructed with insulating interlocking foam block into which the concrete is poured) - and the construction aspect worked like a dream. But, the concrete gave off moisture for months and eventually used a dryer to get the room settled at low hunidity - took a year of checking himidity before I felt it OK to use for dry storage.

there is a firm in this city that does this. I went to a couple of their homes they were building using foam interlocking block, inside of which was a lot of rebar. They were building the houses this way, and had built vaults IN the house doing this. So I know from personal experience that it works. Easy to set up the foam blocks, rebar tied in, then just pour it. Beauty is there are NO seams to leak. Humidity is another issue, depending on size. CCCC is right about that, i am still letting it dry out, and probably will put dehumidifers in to be on the safe side. You wouldn't get through it very easy.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

600 members (257 mag, 2500HD, 12344mag, 160user, 222Sako, 10gaugeman, 67 invisible), 2,557 guests, and 1,157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,115
Posts18,464,519
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.