-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
What a surprise, here's the second reply I got to copying this post on my liberal friend's Facebook page. "John, thank you for your education on this subject. I just did due diligence and I am so glad I did. It's a knee jerk reaction when you see a headline like this. Very interesting facts on the management of the elephant population. Poachers being the worst for the tusks when the rest of the animal goes to waste. Thank you for enlightening me." The first reply just said "yeah....no." This could get interesting.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Of course we know we won't ever sway the anti-hunting faction from their hate filled beliefs. The main target with efforts like this are the fence sitters that don't know any different perspectives. other than the malignant hatred and lies posted by the antis.

That's my reasoning, amigo. Thanks!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
River Ridge... yeah, that's the kind of responses I'm getting from folks as well. Some negative, but far more people are responding with surprise and gratitude for the opportunity to learn about this.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well written, Doc. Do you mind if I post this on my Facebook page? I have more than a few "friends" that could do with some reality.

Last edited by badger; 04/20/15.

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I say go for it Doc, the worse that can happen is you open the eyes of some of those that oppose us and that's never a bad thing.

Good luck Doc and if there's anything I can do to help just let me know.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. I think it is worth such a blog.

I once called into a radio talk show in the Bay Area, and gave my side to the host (who I later learned had done a little bird hunting himself). Despite the very liberal audience, no one argued or ridiculed my points about the realities of hunting & wildlife management. I think lots of people can still be swayed on the subject.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Which brings me to my point: I'm thinking about starting just such a venture. A website and blog about hunting, aimed at non-hunters. I've spent enough time among non-hunting outdoorsmen/women that I think I have a pretty good idea how to get their attention and hold it. I'm guessing I'll need some help from one or two like-minded hunters, so I'm going to throw this up as an open invitation to anyone here on the 'Fire with an inclination to take this on.

It won't be a money-making venture, and it won't get us free gear or hunting trips. But if it comes together like it should it will be enormously satisfying and just might make a difference in this crazy world of ours, helping to preserve hunting for our grandchildren.

If you're interested, PM me and we'll talk.

Do I get an editorial column?? smile

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

590 members (1minute, 1lessdog, 204guy, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 63 invisible), 2,065 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,746
Posts18,457,785
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.