Originally Posted by Ready
Originally Posted by 4ager
Where'd Safariman go?

Waco, Tx.

And this is where the guy knifed me....

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So, are these now "uber-crickets" we are hearing?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have never seen where the US military has ever bought the AR-7 in any numbers. I believe some of the early Armalite AR-7's were bought and tested, but I'm not aware of either ever being adopted. I have never seen one stamped US Property. The M4 and M6 were both bought and used in far greater numbers than the AR-5. I have never seen an AR-5 in civilian hands, which makes me think there weren't many produced. As slick as the AR-7's are, they were never bought by the US Military.

Specifically Survival Arms is two companies removed from the timeframe that the AR-7 was evaluated. So it's a commercial product, that was sold commercially and it was never used by the military.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 4ager
Where'd Safariman go? Ironbender asks a few questions and "poof", eh?

In all honesty, they were not difficult questions, just related to information that was promised several times by Mr. Claiborne about the ill-fated PAC elephant and buffler hunt.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good questions, and as you say, he DID promise to report back on that thread and never did. I'd like to know what the outcome eventually was, as well.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I do not have high hopes for honest answers.

YMMV.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I've figured about the best way to tell Mark is going to start a new con is that he starts the thread "hey friends", or I rarely ask for prayers

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
He's been on here all day.
Won't come near this thread though.
Hmmmmmm ?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Selling chit in the classifieds

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by DocRocket
Good questions, and as you say, he DID promise to report back on that thread and never did. I'd like to know what the outcome eventually was, as well.

I can GAF. As noted previously, he is a bad person in every way.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by GunGeek
I have never seen where the US military has ever bought the AR-7 in any numbers. I believe some of the early Armalite AR-7's were bought and tested, but I'm not aware of either ever being adopted. I have never seen one stamped US Property. The M4 and M6 were both bought and used in far greater numbers than the AR-5. I have never seen an AR-5 in civilian hands, which makes me think there weren't many produced. As slick as the AR-7's are, they were never bought by the US Military.

Specifically Survival Arms is two companies removed from the timeframe that the AR-7 was evaluated. So it's a commercial product, that was sold commercially and it was never used by the military.

Thanks, some references said that the USAF used them for a significant time, others do not. Most probable that this one was and is strictly a civilian piece.

As to the rest of the crap, I announced several pages ago that I would not reply to posts that were about anything other than the gun.

One last time, and I did state this before in this thread, The Cape Buf hunt went great, the Elephant hunt did not go as well even though everyone got an Elephant. FWIW I was not on that hunt/trip.

DeFlave, the rifle is still shooting terrific. No more work needs to be done to it and I am pretty satisfied that this one is not MilSurp or have any Military connections. Fine with me as it is (now) a fun and useful little gun.

Info or queries relating to the AR-7 will be replied to, hijacking posts about anything else, not so much.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Safariman, are you sure you didn't have your transplant in Philadelphia? Wherever you go on this forum train wrecks seem to follow.....UBER!!!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by safariman

One last time, and I did state this before in this thread, The Cape Buf hunt went great...

Holy crap! Did you READ the thread that was linked about the trouble you gave a couple 'Fire members? How they nearly didn't even get to BE in the clusterF you arranged? (That might have been a blessing to not go).

You stated in that report thread that you were waiting on reports from the next group. You NEVER followed up in that thread as you PROMISED several times.

Clearly your ideas of "great" and "promise" are different than that of an honest man. You sir, are full of shiit.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
He's a lot dirtier and a LOT more insidious as simply being some random washed-up member with delusions of grandeur that's pathetically FOS. Virtually every single word that comes out of him is centered around some Mickey Mouse hustle or another he's got running in his head. I give more credit to the cats on the street running a game of Three Card Monte. Credit where it's due, man.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I think you spent $50 too much. Junk IMHO.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
He's a lot dirtier and a LOT more insidious as simply being some random washed-up member with delusions of grandeur that's pathetically FOS. Virtually every single word that comes out of him is centered around some Mickey Mouse hustle or another he's got running in his head. I give more credit to the cats on the street running a game of Three Card Monte. Credit where it's due, man.

Spot on!

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

192 members (160user, 338reddog, 35, 300jimmy, 12344mag, 2UP, 19 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,592
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.