Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by MojoHand
513 MILLION pieces of mail delivered DAILY...

And people get peeved when the occasional one gets lost or misdirected...

BTW, I signed up for Prime and only once had something take longer than the two days promised and that was with the severe storms in parts of the country. I took it with equanimity....you know, first world problems and all.... wink

Hah!

More like 512.5 million pieces of garbage and about 500k pieces of actual, useful, mail.

The USPS is now in the business of moving garbage from one office to another. They're garbage men.

The PO on the small island I live on has a half dozen large trash cans and every day they are flowing over with junk mail.

It's hilarious.

Uhhh? The U.S. Post Office( in your area) is trashing mail instead of delivering
it? Junk or not ( their opinion), they supposed to deliver.

I imagine what he is saying is the post office garbage cans are full of unsolicted junk mail discarded by the post office box holders when they pick up their own mail and not the by the postal employees. I know that's the way it is at our P.O. too.

BP-B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
When I occasionally pick my stuff up at the Post Office, that's the 1st thing I do. The junk goes right into their garbage can, to save space in mine.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Both FedEx Ground and UPS Ground have surprisely wide coverage with next day, 2nd day or third day time in transit being the norm in many areas of the country.

FedEx Ground Time in Transit Calculator

UPS Ground Time in Transit Maps

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
That only counts depending on where you live. I live in the boonies. UPS is pretty good, but the Fedex driver routinely skips delivering if he just doesn't want to come out this far (not that he'll admit that on public record). If the roads are iced over, neither one will come within 5 miles of my house. The mail lady delivers even if there's a blizzard blowing outside...........

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by MojoHand
513 MILLION pieces of mail delivered DAILY...

And people get peeved when the occasional one gets lost or misdirected...

BTW, I signed up for Prime and only once had something take longer than the two days promised and that was with the severe storms in parts of the country. I took it with equanimity....you know, first world problems and all.... wink

Hah!

More like 512.5 million pieces of garbage and about 500k pieces of actual, useful, mail.

The USPS is now in the business of moving garbage from one office to another. They're garbage men.

The PO on the small island I live on has a half dozen large trash cans and every day they are flowing over with junk mail.

It's hilarious.

Uhhh? The U.S. Post Office( in your area) is trashing mail instead of delivering
it? Junk or not ( their opinion), they supposed to deliver.

I believe he ment the trash cans were for the patrons use. I know the rural post office where I have a P.O. Box has trash cans in the lobby and they do get used quite liberally by patrons who have P.O. Boxes here.

de 73's Archie - W7ACT

[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
You guys got it.

Folks pick up their mail at the PO and 90+% of it goes into the garbage before they walk out.

I'm tellin' ya....they've become garbage men.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
You have only the internet to blame for the drop in usable mail. My mail hasn't decreased a bit in the last 10 years but most of the stuff I want comes in and out electronically.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
771 members (10gaugeman, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 01Foreman400, 12308300, 79 invisible), 3,056 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,715
Posts18,400,368
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.