R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
RickyD

I've always considered such adherence a spiritual maturity issue

Isn't that being legalistic?

No, he didn't say they were out of favor or going to Hell for it.

GB1

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
No, he didn't say they were out of favor or going to Hell for it.

Are you saying obeying some things are not legalistic and other things are?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
No! I'm saying basing your salvation on your obedience is legalistic. At least that's my definition. Yours may be different.

Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R_H_Clark,

No! I'm saying basing your salvation on your obedience is legalistic. At least that's my definition. Yours may be different.

My definition has nothing to do with salvation but everything to do with obedience. We are commanded to grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. (If I obey that am I being legalistic?) From the time I accepted Jesus as Savior, He became my Lord. He purchased me with His Blood. In my gratefulness I actually believe and obey His Word. Early on I was accused, just as you have accused me, of trying to earn my salvation. That is impossible since salvation belongs to the Lord. He grants repentance to those whom He choose (2 Timothy 2).

Many years ago I wrote to a Christian college student, who eventually earned a Masters in religious education, and asked him about this legalism everyone was accusing me of. He said, "Give me a couple weeks and I will get back to you." I received the letter. He suggested we are either lawless sinners or legalistic obeyers of Jesus Christ. He based it on First John.

Like I posted before: This constant accusation by the so called church is one of Satan's best ploys to get Christians to disobey and get others to disobey God's Word. I started a study last week writing out every instruction I perceive to apply to the church today. Once I finish, I will ask which instructions, precepts, commands, injunctions, etc, are legalistic when obeyed and which are not. For me, and those who love God's Word, we are like Joshua. As for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Of course the attacks will continue to come from the "church". You are a prime example.

Everyday Hunter
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Rich I've tried very hard with you,to both help you and to accept you. Recently you posted about how through your legalistic views,you managed to destroy a marriage and convince a married couple that they had to remarry their former spouses or go to Hell.It's your legalistic,righteous by works mentality that destroys people. You are simply a Pharisee. You lay heavy burdens on others that you pretend to be able to bear. You cannot see your own sin because all you see is your obedience.

I have news for you. No one, not even you can be obedient enough to earn salvation. Christ paid the price for all, even those you consider rebellious and disobedient. The sad thing is that they will proceed you because they know themselves to be weak and disobedient, so they have no choice but to rely on Christ as their salvation.

I don't have any problem with you trying to obey,but your judgement of others based on their obedience sickens me to my core.

I hate to speak so stern to anyone but I greatly fear for your soul.

IC B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
This is a grand example of how religion causes turmoil, hate and violence.

Nobody's going to hell, because there IS NO hell.....yet people are at each others throats about it.

Sad.

The Tea Party Movement is pretty much the same as a bowel movement except that it smells worse and has far less in the way of intelligent content.
--DancesWithGuns
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Speaking in tongues, BTW.....was an old Pagan practice long before the false apostle Saul/Paul worked it into his new "Christ" religion and convinced a bunch of Gentiles it meant something special.

Immediately they all started babbling nonsense to show how spiritual they were.

That's how this stuff goes.

The Tea Party Movement is pretty much the same as a bowel movement except that it smells worse and has far less in the way of intelligent content.
--DancesWithGuns
Ringman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
R_H_Clark,

Rich I've tried very hard with you,to both help you and to accept you.

You constantly tried to get me to reject God's Word and accept your commentary opinion. If you want to help me, give me God's Word to support your position.

No one, not even you can be obedient enough to earn salvation.

You are truly amazing. If you don't mind go back and read my post again.

I don't have any problem with you trying to obey,but your judgement of others based on their obedience sickens me to my core.

I quit attending church because I would sit in the pew and hear those around me singing, "Trust and obey for there's no other way....." and they were the very ones badgering me; a very new Christian who fell in love with the Savior and yearns to please him as a child yearns to please his dad. The church should have encouraged me, not badgered me.

I hate to speak so stern to anyone but I greatly fear for your soul.

I once had a guy, whom I didn't know, come to my home. Once I discovered he wanted Bible study I invited him in. He stayed for about a week. At that time I discovered he had a wife and daughter so I told him to go get them and bring them. They stayed for about three months in their own bedroom Sue prepared for them.

He once told me, "The people at church talk about walking in the Spirit, but I don't see it in any of them. You don't talk about walking in the Spirit but I see the Holy Spirit in your life all the time."

You are like the people at church he spoke of. You are self righteous and don't stand on God's Word for your opinions. You constantly call me names because I love the Lord enough to stand on His Word and reject commentaries. We will not get to meet the Lord on Judgement day as a committee. He won't care how many other books you studied. He wants humble repentance. From humble repentance one can begin to get rid of his opinions and stand only on God's Word for his life and teaching.

Everyday Hunter
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (10gaugemag, 1337Fungi, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,357 guests, and 1,176 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,326
Posts18,468,495
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.