Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Real shame that SM and AA antics succeed in turning us against ourselves.

Let's be honest, the only reason they have any supporters at all is that they claim to be Christian. Take that away, and they'd have been crucified here long ago.

Those type in the church are why I refused the suit and pulpit.

And the type to claim I'm no Christian... Which I agree... If that's a Christian, I'll stick with Christ and his example.

Kent

GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
As soap operas go, I don't think this one will make it- There is some creative writing, and I like the absence of commercials, but the plot line is way too thin-

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
We need to get back to focusing on 'flaves growth.

This is serious stuff.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by krp

Let's be honest, the only reason they have any supporters at all is that they claim to be Christian. Take that away, and they'd have been crucified here long ago.

And the type to claim I'm no Christian... Which I agree... If that's a Christian, I'll stick with Christ and his example.

Kent

There are dishonest people everywhere, even Living in 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Kent, you turned down the suit and pulpit?
In many ways you define what a christian is suppose to be.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by deflave
Thanks for the offer guys.

Thumb is feeling better since my doc prescribed some new meds. I wouldn't feel right accepting any money.

But if you do want to send me some money I'm fine with it.

Clark

How about an address where we can not send money?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Scott,

I'd not send money to my neighbor's. It always seems to go missing.

Dave

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

You mean like this?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Got_blessed_to_TEARS_just_no#Post8045506

Originally Posted by safariman
Been a rough couple of years for me with my Middle daughter not talking to me, again and at the same time the loss of career and health etc.

I got a call, though, from my youngest daughter who is currently the owner of a day spa in Sacramento that is finally doing pretty well. It is called "The spa above"

Well, as my youngest was recounting how God had led her to two difficult and life changing decisions, i.e. ending a relationship with a man and his kids that had been going strong for over two years and then the difficult decision to give up her salon to a friend - for free - and move back to Walla Walla I was blessed certainly that I get my baby girl back up here but what really got to me was her open spirit to God and his directions and leading! Sher recounted time after time of how God had spoken clearly to her through various methods but which direction was clear and took place either right after a time of prayer for her but twice even WHILE she was praying a text message or phone call came in that dealt directly with her prayers and requests and questions. In each case a call or text that was completely unexpected but which dealt directly with the direction of her prayer. How could I not shed tears of joy when my own daughter is exhibiting such spiritual maturity and wisdom but mostly God centeredness and faith......

Then came the best part.... My little girl recounted how blessed she felt to have been raised by Christian Parents who loved her enough to show her the way to live a Godly and God pleasing life. She went on to say - about the divorce - that "your rough spot in life and divorce does not and will not define your life" She is seemingly the only one of my three that see's me in the big picture and not purely though the colour of how I failed them by going though the divorce 8 plus years ago.

Yeah, hearing all of this from here made me tear up, and I am proud as can be of her and of my tears. Long time coming, I thought my friends here might like to hear of it.

Or more good 'Christian' work?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...me_quick_thoughts_or_revelat#Post8727355

I am NO theologian, or Clergyman by any stretch. I occasionally help put together a church service at local gun shows for the Vendors on some Sunday mornings, and preach a little, plus I (Very happily) sing in a Southern Gospel Quartet so these are just some thoughts from a reflective fellow layman.

I did use this firs example or thought in a sermon once.

If a young neihbor kid, maybe about 5 or 6, whom we barely know, comes to our door and gives us a piece of artwork that he or she has done for us, we will give a polite thank you, remark on its beauty, but it will then find its way quickly into the shredder or round file. HOWEVER, if our very OWN son or daughter 'makes' us a pretty picture, it goes right on the refridgerator door or a prominent wall! Why? What is the difference? Why is one 'offering' or gift accepted and loved, while the other of most likely equal talent is of so little value? Well, it is because the kid who gave us the second piece is OURS! This helps some understand why our works, before we accept Christs Lordship over us and become his very own adopted Children, by HIS choice and grace and unmerited love and favor are - as the Bible puts it- "As filthy rags" completely worthless and unable to get us one inch closer to God or to heaven and forgiveness. No, we have to first be as Jesus put it, BORN AGAIN spiritually. Then we are one if HIS children and our things done for him out of true love for him are then treasured and have value!

The other part of my thought on this topic came to me when I was discussing with my wife how much we love our little micro sized Wiener dog Milo. When he came to us, he could not even eat by himself, could not control his bowels or bladder at all, and could give us absolutely nothing of value to us. And at first I do not think he even had the capability to love us. All he was, was a wrinkly bundle of need, and he had special needs on top of normal puppy needs because he was born pre mature and a runt. He had to have artificial tears in his eyes several times a day at first, liquid puppy formula, and lots of attention with no reward back. But, Sherri and I DECIDED to Love him! Even now, he is hardheaded, stiff necked, and almost completely untrainable. Yet, we love him still, always.

If Sherri and I have the capacity to love that which does not DESERVE anything, and had nothing to give and still is mostly obstinant, how much MORE our great God, whose basic COMPONENT of his very BEING is Love, can love US! Even though we come to him with nothing of value or worth to him, and are most often obstinant and S L O W to learn and do better. Quite wonderful to think about, to my mind and heart.

Lastly, when God, by HIS choosing, and HIS mercy and HIS grace adopts us in as his own, he does a spiritual DNA change inside of us that is permanent. We become like him, just like my own Son as well as both of my daughters look and sound more and more like me each day. And ya know what? There is absolutely NOTHING that my son Daniel or my daughters Tabitha and Monica can do to change their DNA and bloodlines! They will see my face, every time they look in the mirror, forever. On top of that, there is NOTHING any of them could do or say that would make them unwelcome in my home, unworthy of my love and blessings and certainly nothing that could change the DNA strands or bloodliines that are my forever gift to them.

So, If my son Daniel cannot lose his place in my heart and home. And my daughters cannot lose my love and welcome and grreat desire to bless them and give them good gifts, (they cannot, By the way, totally impossible) How Much MORE is GODS love, and the spiritual DNA strands that he places in us when we are born into his kingdom and family BEYOND our ability to even COMPREHEND! Let alone make any kind of changes to. This change that is wrought by God and God alone is simply then beyond our ability then to nullify or make void just like - only infinately MORE so, just like our own children being unable to undue that in any real form.

Gods making of us into, his words, more like him every day. A "New Creature" and one of his very own! Such is too wonderful and amazing and unwarranted and undeserved.... I just thought I would make a laymans attempt at putting it out there and further encourage each of us to search our own hearts and relationships with the one true eternal, loving God.

Good night ya'll, and God bless.

MARK

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It wouldn't seem kosher for me to take cash.

But then again, I'm no Hebrew (by blood).

PM sent.

Dave

You need a Swarovski spotting scope? Guys are ready to donate..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SBH
Originally Posted by Partsman
So on at 3:27 today, wonder what happens now with the bankruptcy?

Saw an ad for Mark Clairborne insurance in walla walla. Must be one of the businesses.

Since when does a Canadian buttfawker get to post whatever he wants here?

Did the Hyena Pack Members take a vote and let this cornholer in? How does it feel..........like it do ya? I'm not surprised.

I would like to see the results of this backas$$word canuckfawk poll.

Americans only here........please.

Since when!!
I believe Mr. Bin opened it up to the world more or less. Just like the economy is now on a world basis, so I guess SBH will just need to get use to it . Cheers NC now back on to ignore

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hi guys.

Strictly as an FYI I wanted you all to know I lost my job today due to my being diagnosed with thumb cancer. Not a big deal and I know I'll be OK. What really has me feeling low is my dog stubbed his toe and will need a new liver.

My faith won't allow me to accept $200 so please don't offer it to me.

Thanks,
Dave

Have Dog

Will Travel

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Steelhead

You mean like this?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...Got_blessed_to_TEARS_just_no#Post8045506

Been a rough couple of years for me with my Middle daughter not talking to me, again and at the same time the loss of career and health etc.

I got a call, though, from my youngest daughter who is currently the owner of a day spa in Sacramento that is finally doing pretty well. It is called "The spa above"

Well, as my youngest was recounting how God had led her to two difficult and life changing decisions, i.e. ending a relationship with a man and his kids that had been going strong for over two years and then the difficult decision to give up her salon to a friend - for free - and move back to Walla Walla I was blessed certainly that I get my baby girl back up here but what really got to me was her open spirit to God and his directions and leading! Sher recounted time after time of how God had spoken clearly to her through various methods but which direction was clear and took place either right after a time of prayer for her but twice even WHILE she was praying a text message or phone call came in that dealt directly with her prayers and requests and questions. In each case a call or text that was completely unexpected but which dealt directly with the direction of her prayer. How could I not shed tears of joy when my own daughter is exhibiting such spiritual maturity and wisdom but mostly God centeredness and faith......

Then came the best part.... My little girl recounted how blessed she felt to have been raised by Christian Parents who loved her enough to show her the way to live a Godly and God pleasing life. She went on to say - about the divorce - that "your rough spot in life and divorce does not and will not define your life" She is seemingly the only one of my three that see's me in the big picture and not purely though the colour of how I failed them by going though the divorce 8 plus years ago.

Yeah, hearing all of this from here made me tear up, and I am proud as can be of her and of my tears. Long time coming, I thought my friends here might like to hear of it.

Or more good 'Christian' work?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...me_quick_thoughts_or_revelat#Post8727355

I am NO theologian, or Clergyman by any stretch. I occasionally help put together a church service at local gun shows for the Vendors on some Sunday mornings, and preach a little, plus I (Very happily) sing in a Southern Gospel Quartet so these are just some thoughts from a reflective fellow layman.

I did use this firs example or thought in a sermon once.

If a young neihbor kid, maybe about 5 or 6, whom we barely know, comes to our door and gives us a piece of artwork that he or she has done for us, we will give a polite thank you, remark on its beauty, but it will then find its way quickly into the shredder or round file. HOWEVER, if our very OWN son or daughter 'makes' us a pretty picture, it goes right on the refridgerator door or a prominent wall! Why? What is the difference? Why is one 'offering' or gift accepted and loved, while the other of most likely equal talent is of so little value? Well, it is because the kid who gave us the second piece is OURS! This helps some understand why our works, before we accept Christs Lordship over us and become his very own adopted Children, by HIS choice and grace and unmerited love and favor are - as the Bible puts it- "As filthy rags" completely worthless and unable to get us one inch closer to God or to heaven and forgiveness. No, we have to first be as Jesus put it, BORN AGAIN spiritually. Then we are one if HIS children and our things done for him out of true love for him are then treasured and have value!

The other part of my thought on this topic came to me when I was discussing with my wife how much we love our little micro sized Wiener dog Milo. When he came to us, he could not even eat by himself, could not control his bowels or bladder at all, and could give us absolutely nothing of value to us. And at first I do not think he even had the capability to love us. All he was, was a wrinkly bundle of need, and he had special needs on top of normal puppy needs because he was born pre mature and a runt. He had to have artificial tears in his eyes several times a day at first, liquid puppy formula, and lots of attention with no reward back. But, Sherri and I DECIDED to Love him! Even now, he is hardheaded, stiff necked, and almost completely untrainable. Yet, we love him still, always.

If Sherri and I have the capacity to love that which does not DESERVE anything, and had nothing to give and still is mostly obstinant, how much MORE our great God, whose basic COMPONENT of his very BEING is Love, can love US! Even though we come to him with nothing of value or worth to him, and are most often obstinant and S L O W to learn and do better. Quite wonderful to think about, to my mind and heart.

Lastly, when God, by HIS choosing, and HIS mercy and HIS grace adopts us in as his own, he does a spiritual DNA change inside of us that is permanent. We become like him, just like my own Son as well as both of my daughters look and sound more and more like me each day. And ya know what? There is absolutely NOTHING that my son Daniel or my daughters Tabitha and Monica can do to change their DNA and bloodlines! They will see my face, every time they look in the mirror, forever. On top of that, there is NOTHING any of them could do or say that would make them unwelcome in my home, unworthy of my love and blessings and certainly nothing that could change the DNA strands or bloodliines that are my forever gift to them.

So, If my son Daniel cannot lose his place in my heart and home. And my daughters cannot lose my love and welcome and grreat desire to bless them and give them good gifts, (they cannot, By the way, totally impossible) How Much MORE is GODS love, and the spiritual DNA strands that he places in us when we are born into his kingdom and family BEYOND our ability to even COMPREHEND! Let alone make any kind of changes to. This change that is wrought by God and God alone is simply then beyond our ability then to nullify or make void just like - only infinately MORE so, just like our own children being unable to undue that in any real form.

Gods making of us into, his words, more like him every day. A "New Creature" and one of his very own! Such is too wonderful and amazing and unwarranted and undeserved.... I just thought I would make a laymans attempt at putting it out there and further encourage each of us to search our own hearts and relationships with the one true eternal, loving God.

Good night ya'll, and God bless.

MARK

The bible warns of false teachers and false theology.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 16 of 16 1 2 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

578 members (11point, 160user, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 55 invisible), 2,983 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,352
Posts18,468,867
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.