Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I think it will be fun to have Trump in the debates.

While everybody else is parroting the party line and trying not to offend the SJW's, Trump will just up and piss on everybody's shoes.

It would also be good if he hollered out "bullshit" 8 or 10 times during a debate.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I truly believe a man can get elected in America today just by hollerin' out "bullshit" at the proper time.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I think it will be fun to have Trump in the debates.

While everybody else is parroting the party line and trying not to offend the SJW's, Trump will just up and piss on everybody's shoes.

It would also be good if he hollered out "bullshit" 8 or 10 times during a debate.

Given the line up of career politicians on stage, Trump would be hoarse halfway through the first debate doing just that.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by KFWA
you really have that much faith he'll walk away from a billion dollar business empire for 4 years minimum?

Eight billion.
when you have that kind of wealth, everything is not always about the money.

One would like to think, but in my experience, nobody becomes that wealthy unless it is, indeed, all about the money. And that's cool, but it is what it is.

I think you have nailed it.

Trump’s Running—but the Joke’s on You

However much The Donald is worth, after he’s done with this so-called presidential campaign, he’s going to have a lot more.

Donald Trump says he’s really rich—worth nearly $9 billion ($8,737,540,000 to be exact). Forbes estimates that he’s worth less than half that much, around $4 billion. Does it matter? The answer is definitively no, because once the Donald Trump presidential charade is over he’s gonna be worth much more than $8 billion—and worth every penny of it.

I have to say up front I’ve known Trump for years and I like him even if much of his presidential announcement speech had my skin crawling. (Describing many Mexican immigrants as “rapists” is at the top of my list.) But I have long appreciated Trump’s resilience both in business and in his personal life; anyone who remembers the early 1990s vintage Trump, when he was both mocked as a business has-been and was by some estimates insolvent, also knows that more recently his name and brand keeps getting bigger and his wives keep getting hotter.

All of which leads me to believe that this man—who needs to brag about his wealth and intelligence like most people need to breathe—is looking at this presidential thing like he looks at everything else: how to make a brand that’s big and profitable even more so.

For the record, I don’t know how much Donald Trump is worth, and in the past he has been touchy when reporters have challenged his fortune’s size. (He sued one reporter who quoted unnamed sources saying Trump was merely worth hundreds of millions instead of billions for libel. In 2011, a New Jersey appellate judge dismissed the case, saying Trump failed to prove “actual malice.”)

Even so, every Wall Street firm I covered wanted Trump’s business as he pulled himself back from his near-death experience in the early 1990s, when some of his Atlantic City properties filed for bankruptcy. Trump himself never filed for bankruptcy, which is probably why, as he began to rebuild himself, his Wall Street broker was none other than the late Alan “Ace” Greenberg, the legendary stock trader who only handled accounts of the megawealthy.

Donald Trump isn’t really running for president; he’s running to make more money and enhance a brand that’s bigger than his real-estate holdings and golf courses.

To be sure, in his announcement speech Trump offered scant evidence that he’s worth what he says he is; indeed, he has just filed the standard forms with the Federal Election Commission, which will start a more-intensive vetting process over his financial disclosures.

Those forms are pretty exhaustive, I might add; just go to the website of the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and take a look at what candidates need to disclose and you’ll understand why rich people generally don’t run for president. Candidates are required to disclose, in detail, assets and income, then transactions and gifts and travel reimbursements. Another layer of detail involves disclosing liabilities and something called “agreements or arrangements.”

Lastly, presidential candidates must disclose “positions (other than with the U.S. government)” and “sources of income in excess of $5,000.” This is why Karl Rove said on Fox News Sunday that other candidates should “ignore” Trump until he files with the FEC, which he did late Monday afternoon.

Trump fired back on Twitter: “@KarlRove still thinks Romney won! He doesn’t have a clue! @FoxNews,” and in another he vowed to make his initial financial disclosures this week: “@KarlRove, who spent $430 million in the last cycle and didn’t win one race, said I’m not a candidate until I file papers. Next week Karl!”

Trump’s campaign manager told me that the full disclosure will be completed in 30 days; Trump, he said, won’t seek extensions as Rove and others have predicted.

We shall see. In any event, like Rove, I had my doubts that Trump would go through with the whole disclosure process. What I never doubted is that he loves the attention because the debate over the net worth of the new and improved Donald Trump no longer turns on the vagaries of the real-estate market but on the value of his brand.

Keep in mind much of the difference between the Forbes net worth estimate and Trump’s own, which he says was compiled by “highly respected” accountants, is the value of the Trump brand, which Forbes says isn’t worth the $3 billion-plus Trump says it is.

But how do you really value a brand? Brands are worth what people think they’re worth, and when you’re name is everywhere from hotels and apartments buildings to reality TV, it’s easy to see how the numbers add up and will keep adding up as he does this presidential dance that, quite frankly, is amazing reality television.

That’s why I have no doubt that Trump will turn this new “serious” stage of his life into a business winner. The way I see it, Donald Trump isn’t really running for president; he’s running to make more money and enhance a brand that’s bigger than his real-estate holdings and golf courses. And with the people who matter to him the most, it doesn’t get cheapened by occasionally disgusting rhetoric about immigrants or possible exaggerations about his wealth.

He’s playing to his fans and there are many millions of them. They like him on television and they like his real estate and golf courses. Another bet: I don’t think Donald will run for president after all, regardless of Monday’s FEC filing, or even if he does make those detailed financial disclosures and somehow gins up enough publicity to get into the first GOP debate in August.

In the end, I think he will call it quits because, after awhile, Donald is going to realize he’s squeezed all the marketing juice out of the presidential lemon that is possible, and anything more will end up hurting, not helping, one of the world’s great brands.

He knows that, and that’s why he’s so rich.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Good read. Dunno if I agree, but I definitely don't disagree strongly. I think Isaac is partly right, and some of the others here too.

Fact is, if Trump stays in the hunt long enough (say, into the first round or two of debates) he's going to expose the rest of the politicians in the race as idiots, demagogues, and whores. He may even expose Hillary for the felon that she is at a level that the MSM is squirming to ignore, but will not be able to any longer under the weight of a Trump attack.

But bottom line, I don't know and I don't much care. I'm going to make up my mind about who I'll vote for in mid-October next year, and until then nothing I think, do, or say is going to have much impact on the process.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
IC B2

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Yet no mention of the Clinton or Bush legacy "brand"?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
We have little control over deciding the fate of Trump. The RINO Republican National Committee has the power over who is the nominee...

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
We have little control over deciding the fate of Trump. The RINO Republican National Committee has the power over who is the nominee...

Actually, as many here acknowledge, the RINO's are the real Republican Party while we are the hopeful outsiders gullible to their bait and switch. Pressure to make the party more honestly conservative is growing but I don't know if it can be done.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What I can't stand are the same political whores that run year after year when they they know they have no chance of winning. Satorum, Graham, Huckaby.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 3584ELK

It shouldn't be that way.

They should hold caucuses, primaries, and let people vote and stuff.

wait a sec....

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
IC B3

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Barkoff
What I can't stand are the same political whores that run year after year when they they know they have no chance of winning. Satorum, Graham, Huckaby.

I could be wrong but I believe this is Graham's first shot at running for POTUS.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I already made up my mind and I wrote to Donald pledging my vote if he is the candidate.

Notwithstanding some of his personal peccadillos, he is perhaps the most courageous and outspoken truth teller in history.

At his station in life he does not need all of the aggravations accompanying a politician.

I say hands the reigns to him and let him straighten out our country. It will be a better place.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 66 invisible), 2,354 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,543
Posts18,453,276
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.