Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
darrenlobo posted this way down the forum in the Second Amendment section. Given that that section sees very little attention (ironic, at best), and his post is definitely worth the read, I'm bumping it up here.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10056922/Islands,_Churches,_and_Guns#Post10056922

Originally Posted by darrenlobo
Islands, Churches, and Guns

As usual, a mass shooting like the one in Charleston brings out the gun rights haters who want to cynically use the blood of the victims to grease the skids for their gun control schemes. One hears and reads claim after nonsensical claim that if only we had less gun rights and fewer guns in the United States the victims would still be alive. Reality tells us something very different.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2015/06/islands-churches-and-guns.html

It's unlikely that such truth will sink into the skulls of those like our resident PA garter snake, but perhaps those that can comprehend such things as this blog post will appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
GB1

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Good article with data that will be completely ignored by those who wish to diminish our freedoms.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Originally Posted by 4ager
darrenlobo posted this way down the forum in the Second Amendment section. Given that that section sees very little attention (ironic, at best), and his post is definitely worth the read, I'm bumping it up here.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/10056922/Islands,_Churches,_and_Guns#Post10056922

Originally Posted by darrenlobo
Islands, Churches, and Guns

As usual, a mass shooting like the one in Charleston brings out the gun rights haters who want to cynically use the blood of the victims to grease the skids for their gun control schemes. One hears and reads claim after nonsensical claim that if only we had less gun rights and fewer guns in the United States the victims would still be alive. Reality tells us something very different.

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2015/06/islands-churches-and-guns.html

It's unlikely that such truth will sink into the skulls of those like our resident PA garter snake, but perhaps those that can comprehend such things as this blog post will appreciate it.

Thanks!

4ager Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The thanks are due you, darrenlobo. Great post; great find (of the blog).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
A shooter in our church had better shoot fast if he wants to kill many before he's met by a barrage of bullets.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Sure, but if our own Chicago, IL., isn't iconic for the failure to stop gun-murder with [/i]more restrictive[i] gun control, I don't know what is.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Read a quote once,

"If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not "Thunderdome""

"The day I went to work everybody showed up to watch Johnny Luster work. Well, they had a wheelbarrow there, and said I was to push that thing around all day. I looked at it, then turned around and headed for the mountians..."
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
A shooter in our church had better shoot fast if he wants to kill many before he's met by a barrage of bullets.

Weakest time to hit ours is about twenty minutes into the tithing sermon. Lots of droopy eyelids at that point. Otherwise our bibles are open and our guns are loaded. You know Christians are like that. Per the anti Christian Muslim leader. GW

If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. MACHIAVELLI

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1936M71, 16penny, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1234, 45 invisible), 2,695 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,514
Posts18,452,673
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.