Print Thread
Hop To
I
iddave Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Anyone with experience prefer the Leupold rings to the factory Rugers, or vice-versa?

Anything else I should be considering?

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I absolutely prefer the Leupolds over the Rugers. They are better fitting and finished. I also believe them to be every bit the equal in strength and perhaps even stronger than what Ruger makes while being lighter and less (no) trouble to match (pair).

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whatever you get, check on Amazon for good prices and free, fast shipping.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I absolutely prefer the Leupolds over the Rugers. They are better fitting and finished. I also believe them to be every bit the equal in strength and perhaps even stronger than what Ruger makes while being lighter and less (no) trouble to match (pair).

This, and they are better aligned, meaning less lapping at installation. I have seen some horribly misaligned Ruger-brand rings.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Burris also makes good ruger rings, me on the other hand got a bad set of leupold ruger rings and kind of turned me against them(had a bur on them and wouldnt lock in place) but most of the time i use the ruger rings that come with them. I have had a set of them that came with a new hawkeye and ran out of windage adjustment on scope, replaced scope with another one and same thing, called ruger and in 3 or 4 days had a new set. Only had a couple sets of burris rings but all worked and fit great. Good luck with your rifle

Lifetime Christian

NRA Lifetime Member

Had rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Your 9mm should expand but my 45 wont shrink.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
i guess i have been very lucky with the factory rings. i did try one set of aftermarket rings, i think they were burris, but i can't be for sure. i know they were not the signature series, anyway the little flange/lug that fits into the dished out relief on the top of the receiver did not fill the void very well and as a result they would not align up to one another. when mounting a new scope to any of my rugers i have always centered the recticle optically via the mirror method and when sighting in i generally had just small amount of windage to adjust for which tells me that the factory rings were aligned well.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1eyedmule, 1_deuce, 41 invisible), 1,926 guests, and 978 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,719
Posts18,457,212
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.