Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The tennessee joke was a good one, but even hillbillies make fun of bigger hillbillies that say ID. (eyedee)

And of course southerners have a sense of humor, every one I know has one. Only problem is its different than other parts of the country, our sense of humor often offends people when that wasn't our intention. very sarcastic in a funny way. Think of Bill Engval or how ever you spell his last name damit.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
We make fun of que ers a lot.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Y'all kin say whut y'all want 'bout the South,
but y'all never heard o' nobody retirin'
an' movin' North.

There sure seem to be plenty of folks who seem to be working at getting their tongues, lips, and teeth around plain old English words working in the North however. Mostly they’re good folks, but for the liberal ones who want to screw things up royally. I reckon I may move a bit east in retirement (can’t really go west anyway), and I sure ain’t moving south. eek

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Back in the 80’s while still in school, had a NJ friend that went with me to my Granny’s house in the mountains of TN. When we stopped fer gas on the way up this one particular windy mountain road, I advised him to stay in the car, but he didn’t listen. It was mid-January, long before Global Climate Change (yuk-yuk-yuk……….), and when he got out to speak with the man pumping gas. Friend: “Cold enough for youse-guys?” Station owner stared at him for a long moment and replied, “Dun’t know the temp-uh-cher sonny, but the snot done froze in my noze.” My bud got in without another word said. We rode about 10 miles before he finally said “You were right.”

I once worked for a company that had relocated from the city of Boston to Clinton, SC (population at that time about 8K, tops). The owner said that not knowing any better, he and his wife took their Saturday night to go grocery shopping, and the only place to do that locally was Wal-Mart. While standing in line, these two VERY country gals were talking in front of them. Girl 1: “Hey, is you goin’ to the Sivver-War Re-in-ack-mint tomorroah?” Girl 2: “Nawt. I reckon we just gonna drink beer. Hey, wut wuz that Silver-War about anyway?” Gal 1: Dun’t you know nuttin’? That’s when all thim Dang Yankees came down here to take our Silver!”

Both are true stories

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Southerners have a great sense of humor, once you explain the joke to them...

wink

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

wink

What?

I'm really disappointed there wasn't an Alabama reference/example. I feel left out...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho

wink

Idahoans have an even better sense of humor, once they get the potato (tater in the south) outta their butts

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We have a columnist in the local paper who ran a whole column about how we needed more potato jokes. Point being that for decades Idaho was about the least known state in the Union. If anybody did know anything about Idaho (not Iowa) it was something about potatoes.

Then a bunch of big mouth magazines started running stories about what a great place to live it was. How there was so little crime, so much public land to enjoy and what a great place it was to raise a family that a whole lot of folks started moving here. They told their friends what a great place it was and their friends moved here, and suddenly you got shopping malls and subdivisions in places that used to have terrific pheasant hunting.

We really need more potato jokes so people will think "Idaho?" and just laugh. And not even think of moving here.

So if you know any good potato jokes, we'd all really appreciate it if you could spread them around.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sounds like what happened to you happened to us about 20 years ago

Good to see you have a sense of humor, no need to tell me anything about where the tater is

_
IC B3

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
110 members (35, 32_20fan, 338reddog, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 9 invisible), 1,409 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.