Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by kingfisher
What is happening in Greece is what is happening in the large cities of the US, Which are dominated by unions and democrats. They keep thinking someone else will pay for all the entitlements and pensions. Sooner or later its going to dry up. Obama is on his way to make the US the same. He will have the ignorant controlling our destination.

What happened in Greece is, its government went into debt from the International Loans Sharks in order to keep the people happy in order to maintain their cushy political positions. (and all the perks that went with them)

Now, the International Loans Sharks are cashing in their chips and the Greek people have been left holding the bag.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

~ Shakespeare...

The rich ruleth over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. ~ Proverbs 22:7, KJV

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
BP-B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
yeah,...debt is slavery in the literal sense.

The Greek government sold its people into bondage. To an extent, the older people in Greece played along with it, so they have to share some of the blame. Although I doubt if many could understand exactly what their government was getting them into.

But the young people had no part in it. And the young people were motivated to learn exactly what had transpired because they were getting slapped in the face by the austerity measures.

So they turned out to vote "no"

I don't blame them.

If you can't vote yourself out of bondage, what da fug is a vote good for?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by krupp
and barely a whisper about the Chinese stock market. 30% drop in the past 3 weeks equates to roughly a 2.4 trillion dollar loss.

Broke a lot rice bowls with that.

China's retail bubble is deflating.

China just got its 1st lesson in Margin investing.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by krupp
and barely a whisper about the Chinese stock market. 30% drop in the past 3 weeks equates to roughly a 2.4 trillion dollar loss.

Broke a lot rice bowls with that.

China's retail bubble is deflating.

China just got its 1st lesson in Margin investing.

The Chinese tried their imitation of Richard Whitney ("I'll buy 10,000 shares of X (US Steel) a the Market"), with their 20 billion capital infusion into the market. I suspect they will fail in halting the decline just like Whitney.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
684 members (12344mag, 160user, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,701 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,617
Posts18,398,496
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.