-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
a most excellent read, on the direction our culture is going. Lock and load guys, the ride is going to be bumpy.
link to story
Democratic presidential candidates Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)16%
and Martin O’Malley came face to face with the tragic state of American progressivism last week, when an 11,000-strong rally of progressive activists was disrupted by #BlackLivesMatter protesters.

Activists marched into the room chanting protest songs before taking the stage in front of a bemused O’Malley to demand concrete commitments on police violence.

Never mind that O’Malley and Sanders are, among presidential candidates, by far the most sympathetic to the concerns of the Black Lives Matter movement: because they’re white, they cannot be trusted, and deserve to have whatever they’re talking about shoved off the agenda by thugs with placards.

It may sound racist and bizarre to be suspicious of candidates like Sanders and O’Malley on the basis of their ethnicity alone, but when you consider the primacy of identity politics in the progressive movement today, it really isn’t that surprising.

Since the 1970s, social psychologists have been aware that emphasising differences between groups leads to mistrust and hostility. In a series of landmark experiments, the psychologist Henri Tajfel found that even wearing different-coloured shirts was enough for groups to begin displaying signs of mistrust.

So guess what happens when you tell everyone that their worth, their ability, their right to speak on certain subjects and – shudder – their “privilege” is based on what they were born with, rather than any choices they’ve made or who they are?

It’s possible that feminists mistrust the likes of O’Malley and Sanders because they’re male. Or gay progressives mistrust them because they’re straight. Or trans activists mistrust them because they’re cis.

This is what the future of progressivism looks like: blacks fighting gays fighting lesbians fighting trans fighting everyone else. It’s the iron law of victimhood-driven identity politics. Someone has to win, and everyone else has to lose.

Identity politics is universally attractive because it enables failures and weaknesses to be spun as the products of oppression and historical injustice. But for legacy castes, it can be humiliating and deeply unfair. Take MTV’s White People, for instance: an hour of television designed to produce discomfort in those with the wrong skin colour.

Lots more, and very detailed. Worth looking up and reading it.

Sam......

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In a way, I welcome it. Wars can be cleansing.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We are being Balkanized and people are falling for it. I'm convinced that gunfire is going to be the only solution. The question is the time.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Do you really need a 3rd party goading you to make you want to harm minorities?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sam, you and I have been seeing this here for a long time. Get everybody hatin' on everybody else.

Meanwhile, somebody's in the hen house stealin' the eggs.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Yes, a most excellent read, Sam. Thanks for posting.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't want to harm White People , they are now the minorities

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Minority Wars: Setting everyone against everyone

That's just the "diversity" the liberals preach.

That's their goal.

They think they are going to win. ...and they may. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by stevelyn
We are being Balkanized and people are falling for it. I'm convinced that gunfire is going to be the only solution. The question is the time.

Divide et impera

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Yah but in the meantime ALL them Leftist splinter groups will vote for whoever the Democrat is in 2016.

OTOH we'll be obsessing and dividing over stuff like the Confederate flag issue and similar Democrat ploys, so that enough of us get PO'd at whoever the Republican nominee is and sit it out so we end up with President Hillary.....

Simple really.

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

582 members (10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 56 invisible), 1,968 guests, and 1,057 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,187
Posts18,465,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.