Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
TED has been in a very good position to walk the walk and has done more than most freshman Senators.
DONALD has not had that opportunity yet; still just talking the talk.

Ted Cruz on the Senate floor: Mitch McConnell’s a liar and our new majority is a cronyist fraud
posted on HOT AIR With Video July 24, 2015 by Allahpundit

I’m not going to excerpt it for you, despite the length. You need to watch it all; if you can’t spare 20 minutes, at least watch the middle third where he gets into corporate cooptation of the one-party state. This is one of the most brutal attacks — not incorrect, mind you, just brutal — you’ll ever see by a senator on his colleagues, starting with his own majority leader. Sample quote: “[This majority] does get things done, but it listens to one and only one voice: That is, the voice of the Washington cartel, of the lobbyists on K Street, of the big money and big corporations.”
This guy is talking about his own caucus.

Nominally, this speech is about McConnell’s betrayal of opponents of the Ex-Im bank and his Reid-esque procedural scam to block conservative amendments that could have jeopardized the Iran deal.
What it really is, of course, is a campaign commercial for Cruz 2016 aimed at all the Trump voters he covets but who prefer someone (for the moment) who stands outside the political class.
This is Cruz’s way of showing them that not only is he willing to throw punches at the establishment too, he hits much harder than Trump does.

The unspoken point is, “If you detest Washington and its endless corrupt excrescences, why would you support him instead of me?”
Good question. I have no idea.

I wonder what Cruz is planning to do career-wise if his presidential campaign falls short. It’s hard to imagine him hanging around the Senate for decades, as it’ll be an even lonelier place for him after this than it already was.

I assume he has his eye on a seat on an appellate court somewhere, either at the circuit level or SCOTUS itself, once a Republican’s back in the White House.
Alienating the people who vote to confirm federal judges is an … interesting strategy, but maybe Cruz figures that a Senate Republican majority would be too scared of the base to reject him.
Even if you dislike his style politically, there’s no question he’d be a staunch conservative as a judge.
You deny the right another Scalia on the bench at your peril.

Bowsinger disagrees with the last paragraph. Senators Ted Cruz and Mike Lee could take over the Senate in about two election cycles.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

GB1

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
He's been about the only one to stand up against the establishment and the Dems in the past couple of years ever since he got there. I think there's a couple of other good guys in there, but not many.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Cruz is my favorite candidate, by far.

ked

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You have got to vote all Democrats an Republicans out of office that has over 10 years in there get new blood in old out all of them

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like Ted is learning from Donald. That is a GOOD thing!

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Of course McConnell’s a liar....he's a Politician...it's what they do.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
McConnell is a piece of garbage. I fear that Cruz is too much of a good thing for the majority of this lost nation. We would easily get my vote.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Ted is trying to capitalize on the discontent in the ranks. Plus, I think he finally has had enough of trying to get along with the douchebags. He was trying not to get labeled as a kook. I don't think he cares now AND he sees that there is enough discontent to make being a kook alright.

It is time to split the party wide open, if that is what it takes. There are more important things than elections.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
JoeBob,

There are more important things than elections.

Since there is no such thing as stupidest, I will say this
is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever read.
Take a look at what's happened to the religious people
and families since the present president was elected!

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It would sure be nice if the dems would start kicking each other in the junk like the reps......we might actually get some new blood in there. I would love to see Cruz or trump throw term limits on the table once in office.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Ringman
JoeBob,

Much of the same stuff would have happened, except that the Republicans would have been leading the charge.

I'll go further, elections mean NOTHING at all if your choices are a Giant Douchebag and a Schit Sandwich.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Originally Posted by Ringman
JoeBob,

Much of the same stuff would have happened, except that the Republicans would have been leading the charge.

I'll go further, elections mean NOTHING at all if your choices are a Giant Douchebag and a Schit Sandwich.

I suggest Leviathan.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BarryC
Looks like Ted is learning from Donald. That is a GOOD thing!

Looks like DONALD is learning from TED. That is a GOOD thing!

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
B
What Ted is talking about:
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is gearing up to challenge some House Republicans in primary elections, frustrated after much of its agenda has been stymied by a small pocket of conservative GOP lawmakers.

The influential and well-heeled business group is already eyeing several races, but the plans are still in their infancy and the targets have not yet been decided upon, according to more than a half dozen Republican sources on K Street and Capitol Hill.

The group’s apparent new willingness to engage in hand-to-hand political combat to take out sitting Republicans would represent a major shift for the business community, which has largely shied away from targeting sitting lawmakers.
[…]
The influential and well-heeled business group is already eyeing several races, but the plans are still in their infancy and the targets have not yet been decided upon, according to more than a half dozen Republican sources on K Street and Capitol Hill.

The group’s apparent new willingness to engage in hand-to-hand political combat to take out sitting Republicans would represent a major shift for the business community, which has largely shied away from targeting sitting lawmakers…

“Last year, we were very aggressive in primaries and the general, and we intend to be again,” Holmes said. “It’s not a change in policy as much as it is a recommitment to last cycle’s successful approach.” She added that the candidate it backed won in 14 of the 15 races the Chamber got involved in last year…

“The fact that there are still members of the Republican House that are obstructionist, isolationists that would be willing to shut down the government only reinforces that the Chamber and the business community, for that matter, will double down on this winning formula,” Caldeira said. “I believe they are going to continue to be involved early in candidate recruitment to find candidates that have the willingness to run, the courage to govern once they get to D.C., and hopefully work in a bipartisan manner to get things done.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/...mbent-congress-120557.html#ixzz3gwVQGTif

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

633 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.