Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Save your hard earned money and just switch to Ubuntu OS for free.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
It's doing it on my PC. It's been happening all week. There are generally 3 windows at the bottom of the page that are running the video ads. Right now it's only 1.

I just started getting the videos today, hadn't seen them before. I have to shut off the sound now because they start running every time I open a thread. I'm running every kind of adblocker, anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc. that I can think of and crap still keeps coming through on this site. ONLY on this site. Pretty much every piece of anti-anything software I've put on my computer is because I had to have it to keep this site running. I'm even using Chrome to try and make it work and I hate dealing with Google.

Yea, I know it's free. But it sure is a pain in the a$$ trying to keep this site working when you're not a computer geek.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
It's the reloading pages that's killing me on iPhone. 50% of pages reload.

"I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man." --Robert Duvall.
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!" --John Wayne.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've googled---- google chrome ad-blocker--

Bingo fixed it.

Down loaded it, all better now.

Right now, as I type this it's showing 16 blocked ads.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Last night I ran CCLEANER, which cleans out the cookies. This morning it was still running the ads. So I downloaded ADBLOCK on my PC and haven't had a problem since. I didn't do it on Crome, I loaded it on Mozilla and has been working great.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
try epic privacy browser

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Rick , how about you fix this issue?????

John Boy, how about you toss in some money for the free site?

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Rick , how about you fix this issue?????

John Boy, how about you toss in some money for the free site?

Give me a fu.cking break. Since an outdoor blog is free anyone visiting should expect virus', bugs and malware? This site is ricks bread and butter it behooves him to fix this sh.it.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
across the web, how many other sites are as much fun as this one?

across the web, how many other sites causes as much problems as this one does?

where is the balance point/tipping point?

the snakes that creep onto this site seems to be increasing in both size and numbers.

how do we best kill off a bunch of the invading snakes?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I work in online media. Rick's choosing to have auto-roll, auto-sound videos because they pay a higher CPM. But he now has three video ad spots coded, so if you have a long thread, you get assailed with multiple ads. The more he puts intrusive ads on the site, the more people will install adblocker, which costs him money. It's a death spiral.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by rost495
Never seen one here. Only have to do a search on how to eliminate the chance.

Couldn't see well enough to access on iphone anyway... wow, I"m getting old but phones ain't big enough to surf with.
sorry wilford brimley

Diuhbeetus is a bitch

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Crow hunter
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
It's doing it on my PC. It's been happening all week. There are generally 3 windows at the bottom of the page that are running the video ads. Right now it's only 1.

I just started getting the videos today, hadn't seen them before. I have to shut off the sound now because they start running every time I open a thread. I'm running every kind of adblocker, anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc. that I can think of and crap still keeps coming through on this site. ONLY on this site. Pretty much every piece of anti-anything software I've put on my computer is because I had to have it to keep this site running. I'm even using Chrome to try and make it work and I hate dealing with Google.

Yea, I know it's free. But it sure is a pain in the a$$ trying to keep this site working when you're not a computer geek.

Maybe sell your guns and take up cooking so you can hang out on the cooking web sites exclusively.

I run 4 different devices with Firefox and AdBlocker and have nary a slight twitch with any of them here. I don't think I lead a charmed life for some unknown reason. Maybe its those "other" sites that you visit that are maybe giving you the internet's version of the clap. Have you ever tried clearing your cache and cookies and your computer history in your lifetime?

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Like others, if there was anything I knew that would help.......I'd certainly pass it along.

I run Firefox and Adblock Plus on my desktop. I also access the site with an iPhone 6. I absolutely have no problems. I experience none of the problems which many others have related.

I have cleared cookies......I do on a consistent basis. And I consciously installed Adblock Plus. Beyond that, there is nothing special with my environment. I certainly did nothing special with the iPhone. I'm a complete neophyte with the smart phone technology.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by SAKO75

Its also base on CHROME, and "customized to Indian users". #1 Most worry about Google, now you want them to use a customized version for Indians? Customized how? You want some foreigner stealing your schit, this is how to do it! #2 because its BASED on Chrome, by default it wont be updated to include the newest security fixes until AFTER Chrome updates.

If youre on windows, get Chrome, get adblock plus, get spywareblaster. Google how to install this kind of crap. If youre on an iphone, live with your overpriced POS.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What pop-ups? I don't see any advertisements, anywhere on the page.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

288 members (348srfun, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 33 invisible), 2,348 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,463
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.