-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
My son was out of town for the week, he has a dog, so to look in on the dog I had to hang out on his couch, drink his beer, and watch his big screen grin

First time I've been exposed to Netflix. The Brits are still making some great TV and some great movies.

This is a movie worth watching, effectively told from an 8 yr old viewpoint....

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
will watch, thx

NRA Life Member
SAF Life Memner
CPL Life Member
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'd dump the dish and go with Netflix in a second if our stone age Internet would support it.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes, good movie.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My wife watched it, and wept.

I cant do movies like that with kids. I've had my fill of death and despair.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B2

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
My son was out of town for the week, he has a dog, so to look in on the dog I had to hang out on his couch, drink his beer, and watch his big screen grin

First time I've been exposed to Netflix. The Brits are still making some great TV and some great movies.

This is a movie worth watching, effectively told from an 8 yr old viewpoint....

Birdwatcher

When I signed up for Netflix in June my wife thought I was wasting money since we get several hundred channels on FIOS, after one day she was hooked on British detective shows and took ownership of my Roku smile I wanted to try out the Amazon Fire Stick anyway smile

Ted
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I watched it a good while back on one of the satellite channels. Seen it listed a time or two since on the channel menu but once was enough. Too sad for me to watch again.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Movie is based on a book if you are more the reading type.

SS

"To be glad of life because it gives you a chance to love and to work and to play and to look up at the stars. To be satisfied with your possessions but not content with yourself until you have made the best of them."
-Henry Van Dyke
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Since your there for a week, you might look up Foyle's War. It was on for 8 years and one of my favorite series. Takes you from the early days of the war on into the early cold war. Much historical fact included that you may not even realise if you don't know much of WWII history or even if you think you do.

When his son joins the RAF you find that even though the Spitfire is beloved in the air, because its wheels were so close together it was dangerous to take off and land. Lots of other mini-facts as the series progesses.

jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Another fan of British detective movies here.

+1 on Foyle's War for sure.

Also, Midsomer Murders is another one that I often watch -- and I'm not alone in liking it because it has been running strong since 1997.

John

IC B3

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Don't drink while you watch it.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Great movie that makes you think.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Since your there for a week, you might look up Foyle's War. It was on for 8 years and one of my favorite series. Takes you from the early days of the war on into the early cold war. Much historical fact included that you may not even realise if you don't know much of WWII history or even if you think you do.

When his son joins the RAF you find that even though the Spitfire is beloved in the air, because its wheels were so close together it was dangerous to take off and land. Lots of other mini-facts as the series progesses.

Yes! Foyle's War is very good! Mid Summer Murders is also, very good. So is New Tricks and Doc Martin.

The new version of Poldark is very good as well.

A couple of older series Danger UXB is good (WWII bomb disposal in Britian). Also, Piece of Cake (WWII Brit Squadron)

Official member of "The Clan of Turd-like People"

[Linked Image]
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I started watching the movie a few months ago. Don't remember exactly why, but wasn't able to see more than about 2/3 of it. Didn't see the end, but liked what I saw.

I rarely find anything on Netflix that I enjoy, but it is only about $10/month and there are tons of great kids stuff. I have 3 grandkids ages 7, 5, and 2. When they come over it is well worth the price to me for them.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Thanks for the tip. NF just got The World's Fastest Indian with Anthony Hopkins - an utterly great movie.

Last edited by RogueHunter; 08/24/15.

- Rogue

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

111 members (260Remguy, 44automag, 338reddog, 4xbear, 444Matt, 257robertsimp, 17 invisible), 1,651 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,187
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.