Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
I can always tell when someone is fixing to get a "Lane Change" stop on Hwy 59 coming up out of Houston. There will be sheriffs deputies randomly parked along the highway, maybe some constables watching traffic, city police stationed on the loops around towns, and a good assortment of TX DPS cars along the way. Soon as the vehicle the undercover DEA agent has reported loaded with drugs is spotted, one of the DPS units will move in for the "Improper Lane Change" stop. Works pretty good too.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Allen917
I can always tell when someone is fixing to get a "Lane Change" stop on Hwy 59 coming up out of Houston. There will be sheriffs deputies randomly parked along the highway, maybe some constables watching traffic, city police stationed on the loops around towns, and a good assortment of TX DPS cars along the way. Soon as the vehicle the undercover DEA agent has reported loaded with drugs is spotted, one of the DPS units will move in for the "Improper Lane Change" stop. Works pretty good too.

Haha...You obviously don't know anything about the DEA. TV ain't real.

Hwy 59 is the #1 smuggling route from Houston (the hub) to Chicago. Interdiction units are real.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Hwy 59 is the #1 smuggling route from Houston (the hub) to Chicago. Interdiction units are real.

I see them often along a certain stretch of I-25. They seem to have some pretty good intel, and know what they are looking for. I don't worry about them because I'm not the droid they are looking for.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Apparently those "interdiction units" work, millions well spent, as there are no drugs or druggies in Chicago.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I don't get what the big deal is about meth. It should be a personal choice to install ordinary commonly available products into one's body if they choose, especially when they're not really addictive and such.

Would you be singing the same tune if a meth addict killed your family on the freeway after smoking a bunch of meth?

Damn, OKOK, just DAMN.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I see them often along a certain stretch of I-25. They seem to have some pretty good intel, and know what they are looking for. I don't worry about them because I'm not the droid they are looking for.

Interdiction officers don't work on "intel".

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Interdiction officers don't work on "intel".

I'll take your word for it, regardless, they seem to know what they are doing. Most mornings I'll see them going through the vehicle of some tatted up gang banger, or walking the dog around an out of state rental van. The team also used plate readers to help sort the wheat from the chaff, and they seem to keep pretty busy.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by 700LH
Apparently those "interdiction units" work, millions well spent, as there are no drugs or druggies in Chicago.

yep, may as well give up and let it flow totally free....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You'd think someone somewhere would figure out what their doing ain't working, and try something different not just waste time and money repeating the same failure over and over.
Nope, to many cooshie high paying jobs at stake, to much illegal money going into quiet pockets.

Billions spent, no shortage of drugs or druggies.
What a complete sad, sick lie fed to America, this "War on Drugs" has become.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
A friend of mine is a Mississippi Highway Patrol, he patrols I-20 a lot which runs east-west across the middle of the state. Lots of drugs coming through there going from Dallas to Atlanta, and money coming back the other way. He tells me that they patrol the west bound lane a lot more than the east bound lane because when they're on their way back to Texas they've already dropped off the dope and are usually carrying money. The state can't do anything with drugs, money is forfeited so they'd naturally much rather catch one with money than one with drugs. His personal record is $6 million in one bust where he pulled over a couple of messicans hauling an antique pickup on a flatbed trailer. The dog alerted on the tires of the antique pickup, they broke the tires down and they were filled with cash. The dog alerted because they had the tires filled with dope from Texas-Atlanta & he smelled the residue. Once in Atlanta they took the tires off the rims, got the dope and filled them with cash for the return trip.

If you're a messican driving I-10 along the southern part of the state or I-20 across the middle, it's pretty much a guarantee that you're going to do an "illegal lane change", or at least that's what the cop is going to tell the judge.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 700LH
You'd think someone somewhere would figure out what their doing ain't working, and try something different not just waste time and money repeating the same failure over and over.
Nope, to many cooshie high paying jobs at stake, to much illegal money going into quiet pockets.

Billions spent, no shortage of drugs or druggies.
What a complete sad, sick lie fed to America, this "War on Drugs" has become.

Finally, somebody with a solution. Sooo... what is it?

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
One of the guys on my deer lease is Japanese, and can pass for Mexican at a distance. He normally drives an older Chevy pickup to the lease, and was on I-10 near Junction. Nearing his exit, he notices a deputy sheriff following him. He's not speeding, so keeps going on his way. At the exit he properly signals, but by then the cop is blocked by traffic, and can't take the same exit.

He's wondering if the cop is going to chase him, thinking that he'd purposefully taken the exit, to lose his tail. Good guess, 3 miles later the deputy catches up & stops him. They chat amiably, after the cop realizes he's got a Japanese hunter. smile Turns out he also knows the landowner's son.

It wound up being a cordial stop, but we all thought the cop was probably annoyed at the wild goose chase smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE

(WAFF) -

During a routine traffic stop on Thursday, Alabama state troopers say they discovered a woman transporting over 100 pounds of illegal methamphetamines, disguised as candy, beverages, and other snacks, into Alabama.

Around 3:30 p.m., an Alabama state trooper stopped Graciela Mora, 43, of San Benito, TX for an improper lane change on Interstate 65 in Baldwin County. During the traffic stop, the trooper uncovered 64 pounds of liquid beverages and 43 pounds of individually wrapped candy and snacks containing methamphetamines. The trooper contacted the State Bureau of Investigation’s (SBI) Narcotics Unit, who responded to investigate.

Mora was charged with trafficking in methamphetamine and was transported to and booked in the Baldwin County Corrections Center on a $1,000,000 bond. Nothing further is available as the investigation continues.

[Linked Image]

Technical question, bet the LT can advise, too .....

Okay, so all of the crap in the pic above is charged with / laced with / infused with "Meth". Once delivered is it reclaimed, or is it just a question of sucking on a lollipop or having a swig of soda pop ?

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Buddy of mine use to be in charge of Drug Interdiction for DPS in this area.

Out on I-20, they would put a sign out that said "Drug Check" ahead, right before an exit.
Dumb SOB's would slam on their brakes and exit right away. Right into a nest of un-marked cars, of course! Said it was amazing how many dumbasses they caught that way.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by okok
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
I don't get what the big deal is about meth. It should be a personal choice to install ordinary commonly available products into one's body if they choose, especially when they're not really addictive and such.

Would you be singing the same tune if a meth addict killed your family on the freeway after smoking a bunch of meth?
[Linked Image]

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by crossfireoops

Okay, so all of the crap in the pic above is charged with / laced with / infused with "Meth". Once delivered is it reclaimed, or is it just a question of sucking on a lollipop or having a swig of soda pop ?

GTC

I don't know the specifics on how they'll do it, but odds are that it is mostly meth and it will be separated from the adulterants and sold as a powder.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jesus Malverde would be proud.

GTC

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (44automag, 35sambar, 10gaugemag, 6mmCreedmoor, 358WCF, 673, 13 invisible), 1,568 guests, and 850 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,658
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.