-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That is all too Machiavellian for me to wholehearted buy.

Without Super-PAC’s the campaigns of Jim Gilmore, George Pataki, Lindsey Graham, Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry, John Kasich, Carly Fiorina, Rick Santorum and Chris Christie cannot exist. If those candidates had to rely on financial support from the electorate, they could never be in the race. They are only in the race to split votes and support Jeb Bush.

The process is a little less focused than that.

First of all, the GOP leadership doesn't as much which GOP candidate gets elected President, as long as it IS a GOP candidate. Sure, Trump might not be the favorite with them, because he may not be easy to work and his big mouth that people love as a candidate will provide plenty of fuel for the Left to attack. Make no mistake, they will take Trump over any Dem.

Pre-anoint Bush? I'm not buying it. Newt Gingrich explained all of this nearly 25 years ago. He was a relatively unknown GOP Rep from Georgia, and from my District. I went to him just get the scoop on how things in DC really work. He was very happy to do so, and used the then recent '92 election as an example.

As he put, the Dems had no shot at beating GHWB in '91. He was wildly popular after the Gulf War and the foiled assignation attempt by Saddam, and was in for an easy re-election.

The Dems did what parties do without a clear front runner-they round up the usual suspects - Governors, Senators, Representatives, and anyone else with a name. They throw them onto the campaign trail and observe who gets traction.

In '92, two miraculous (for the Dems) things happened. The economy slowed, and then Pat Bucahnnan and H. Ross Perot started slinging mud and an incumbent President. They weakened him, and then Perot did the Third Party thing.

In the mean time, Iowa and New Hampshire came and went, and Bill Clinton, unknown and unheard of, smiled and bullschitted his way to the front of the Dem pack. He came out of a pack of, Jerry Brown, Paul Tsongas, Bob Kerry, Tom Harkins. Gore, Benson, Coumo, Moynahan and others wanted no part of GHWB.

Clinton smiled and smoothly told the Dems that GHWB sucked and he "had a plan" for the economy and everything else. He let Buchanan and Perot savage GHWB and by the time the campaign got going after the conventions, GHWB was dead in the water.

Both Parties now are rounding up the usual suspects and are waiting to see who gets traction in Iowa and New Hampshire and then ride the hot hand.

Dems did that in '08 with Obama. He showed promise after New Hampshire and Iowa and the money and the endorsements came pouring in, but they all waited to see who the people would flock to.

Same here. I don't see another Bush ever getting elected. That brand is done and I can't see the GOP going overboard to make it happen. If the people like him, then they will back him just like any other front runner.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hatari

That's all well and good. My issue with this sort of stuff is that Jeb ain't the enemy. Trump ain't the enemy. Neither is Walker, Christie, Carly, or any of the other GOP candidates. HILLARY is the enemy. Warren is the enemy. Phooking attack them. Don't canniablize each other. that's doing the Dems dirty work for them.

Remember "Vulture Capitalism". Dems didn't come up with that but it stuck. Do too much of this sort of schist and you'll get Hillary.

Conservatives are so amped up after 7 years of Obama that for a change they are willing to fight for something. I say it's about time, but Conservatives better get a clear picure of who the enemy really is.

Now is precisely the time to be hammering out these things.

The time for unity against democrats and liberals is the general election.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The Shadow knows.

Sorry, no comprende. I am too young to understand this reference. smile

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
The Shadow knows.

Sorry, no comprende. I am too young to understand this reference. smile

the shadow knows it's going to take more than a few old angry white man to put a new pres into the whitehouse.

it'll take a lot of help. from whom, I have no clue. but they're out there. we just have to find them and get them to the polls on the right day, whether rainy and cold, or clear and dry.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We could try the Democratic tactic and dig them up somewhere....

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeb wants to open the borders and he's not the enemy?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
that tactic has or seemingly has worked in the past for that particular group.

one would hope that honesty, integrity and straight forward fairness would work. but apparently, not so much.

what is the base case? we have to have 50 percent of the vote plus one. well, not exactly but that's a close approximation.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

fits like a glove with a book I recently read .
"Family of Secrets" by Russ Baker

...anyone heard from Manuel Noriega lately?

Last edited by AKA_Spook; 08/25/15.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I say it all the time ...the R's need to put the boots to the dems...the dems DO NOT tear each not her down ,I just seen it again on the Sunday talk shows, malloy an Bernie could easily shoot hilldabeast in the foot...but
They don't
WHY are the R's so stupid???????

That's not strictly true. Remember Hillary was the original birther. Unfortunately, even then, she was so unpopular amongst Democrats that it never got traction.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BarryC
Originally Posted by atvalaska
I say it all the time ...the R's need to put the boots to the dems...the dems DO NOT tear each not her down ,I just seen it again on the Sunday talk shows, malloy an Bernie could easily shoot hilldabeast in the foot...but
They don't
WHY are the R's so stupid???????

That's not strictly true. Remember Hillary was the original birther. Unfortunately, even then, she was so unpopular amongst Democrats that it never got traction.

There is a huge, but simple, difference between us an them. They don't GAF who their candidate is, or what they do, as long as they beat us. Their lives (or at least their checks) depend on it.

We have conscience.

There path is easy. Our path is hard.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by ltppowell
They don't GAF who their candidate is, or what they do, as long as they beat us. Their lives (or at least their checks) depend on it.

We have conscience..
....and 'nice guys' finish last..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Anything that harms jeb is good. Keep slinging arrows, rocks, whatever, just keep pounding the rovite RINO pricks.

"The Bigger the Government, the Smaller the Citizen" - Dennis Prager LINK

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by oulufinn
Anything that harms jeb is good. Keep slinging arrows, rocks, whatever, just keep pounding the rovite RINO pricks.

I agree; Jeb is just another version of Hillary. He is NOT a conservative in the least!!!

Liberalism is a cancer
Support Christian Family values
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oulufinn

I'm down with that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10ring1, 1337Fungi, 53 invisible), 2,712 guests, and 1,091 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,312
Posts18,468,262
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.