Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Tracks
As far as I care, any man is entitled to as much misery as he asks for.

LOL

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
GB1

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
If a man wants plural wives I truly believe he is psychotic. Plus, you can't fix stupid!! 1 wife...1 man! MTG

Vena dura, ocyus occide, excusas non offer!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I believe it's not the government's business who or how many can be married as long as all are consenting adults. It is the government's business to manage tax expenditures to protect the wider interests of the public.
The FLDS practice of marrying young girls is really just pedophillia and should be prosecuted as such. It would also be a good idea imo to change the age of marital consent to 21. If you're not old enough to buy a beer you're damned sure not old enough to understand the gravity of marriage.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
I believe it's not the government's business who or how many can be married as long as all are consenting adults. It is the government's business to manage tax expenditures to protect the wider interests of the public.
The FLDS practice of marrying young girls is really just pedophillia and should be prosecuted as such. It would also be a good idea imo to change the age of marital consent to 21. If you're not old enough to buy a beer you're damned sure not old enough to understand the gravity of marriage.

though by that argument you also shouldnt be able to sign up for the armed forces cause if you arent mature enough to decide to get married you sure arent to risk your life....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by rattler
Originally Posted by Daveinjax

though by that argument you also shouldnt be able to sign up for the armed forces cause if you arent mature enough to decide to get married you sure arent to risk your life....

I could go with that argument too. Military service is another big commitment but the commitment is temporary even if the consequences may not be. The military is a great way to go for many young people starting out but the risks of lifetime disability or death are real. I joined at eighteen and it did me a world of good but I also question the wisdom of sending young folks to places like Iraq and subjecting them to such a stressful and ambiguous mission.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 08/30/15.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I also question the wisdom of sending young folks to places like Iraq and subjecting them to such a stressful and ambiguous mission.
Such as seeing the Iraqis with their 4 wives and 16 kids each? grin

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I also question the wisdom of sending young folks to places like Iraq and subjecting them to such a stressful and ambiguous mission.
Such as seeing the Iraqis with their 4 wives and 16 kids each? grin

Yeah , I'm sure that's what screws up their heads. Not the uncertainty of the mission and the lack of a national sense of accomplishment to offset the deep misgivings about the things they did and saw. When our grandfathers came home from WW II there was a collective sense we had won and accomplished something good. I think that helps returning veterans deal with the mental aspects of the very dark side of war. Today we send our fighting men and women to a place where the goals shift , war isn't won , and then return to a home that has nothing invested and doesn't care. They get to feel all the guilt , loss , anger , sadness with nothing to put on the other side of the scale like a war won and the world a better place. I think it takes a strong mind to hold it together under these conditions. An older more mature person has a better chance of dealing with it successfully I would guess.

Last edited by Daveinjax; 08/30/15.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
... an idea who's time has come .

.... like tears in the rain
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,502 guests, and 711 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,678
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.