Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
HUNTS Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Looking for one to replace the one I used to have from the now defunct Fox Ridge Outfitters. Found a guy in MT that makes them in leather but he has more business than he can handle and is unreachable. Anyone know of a source?

Thanks in advance.

GB1

H
hws Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I don't know who you tried in MT but I've got two from 7X Leather in Ennis, Montana (www. 7Xleather.com) and they were excellent in the fit for the specified cartridge and overall workmanship. I do find, however, that wrist holders are prone to cartridge loss if active scrambling, climmbing, etc. are involved during a hunt.

HUNTS Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Yes. That's who I contacted. His site says he is too busy and no return of email. Looks like he does nice work.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
This guy is going to be making a very nice one. He posted some pics of it on specialty pistols and it may already be available but just not up on his site yet. http://www.codyweiser.com/W-Gear.html ...edit: He said they'll be available a week from tomorrow.

I had a T/C branded wrist strap and it sucked. It was too big to wear around my wrist without clothing under it and the stitching started falling apart pretty much from the moment it came out of the package.

Last edited by Mar336; 09/07/15.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Take a black strechable butt stock ammo carrier, cut in half, sear the cut edge with a lighter, and slip it over your arm, now you have two wrist ammo carriers, and it's cheap and it works very well. Rio7

IC B2

21 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RIO7
Take a black strechable butt stock ammo carrier, cut in half, sear the cut edge with a lighter, and slip it over your arm, now you have two wrist ammo carriers, and it's cheap and it works very well. Rio7

This right here. I have also always wanted to cut one down to hold two or three and sew it on the back of my left hand light cotton hunting glove. Guess I better get around to it this year.

"Never force anything, just get a bigger hammer".
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You should check out the W-Gear, Cody makes some top notch stuff. I have one of his specialty pistol carriers, with back pack straps, two of the tortilla shell holders and I have two of the wrist cartridge holders ordered. They should be here any day.
Mike

You don't quit playing because you get old, you get old because you quit playing!
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I used wrist carriers, those stretchy ones that fit over the butt stock, and one I made to wrap around the barrel/fore end that held a spare cartridge a finger's length away from my hand. In the end, and to this day, when hunting with a single shot I went to just throwing a couple of spare cartridges in my pocket and forgot about getting off that quick second shot and concentrated more on making the first shot count. To that end, I figure if I want rapid fire capability I would just use a repeater of some sort. Once that first shot is fired, and missed, all hell is breaking loose and subsequent shots are usually "Hail Mary" in nature anyway.

A hunter goes into the woods on Saturday and sees a bear. He takes aim, fires, and misses. The enraged bear attacks him and brutally sodomizes him.
The next Saturday the hunter goes back out into the woods, sees the same bear, takes aim, shoots, and misses. The bear again brutally sodomizes him.
The third Saturday finds the hunter back in the same spot. He sees the bear again, shoots, and misses. The bear walks over and says to him "This isn't about the hunting, is it?"

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

65 members (3333vl, 808outdoors, 2500HD, 4th_point, 7mm_Loco, 6 invisible), 1,202 guests, and 735 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,122
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.