-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Their defensive players are just fine. Lots of talent there - although it is sad that they lost AJ Hawk. What they need is a new Defensive Coordinator. How many games have the Packers lost because they allowed the other team to score at will in the fourth quarter? Way too damn many. And that shortcoming is completely in Dom Capers lap.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who should they hire? Only star really is Clay; and as Andrew (Teal) said, Daniels is probably gone next year.

One more thing, Hawk was slow and was beaten in coverage a lot.

Last edited by 338Rem; 09/30/15.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Atrocious D my ass.

They gave up a couple of garbage time TD's...BFD. They're pretty good.

I'd wager it'll be a Pack-Pats Superbowl this year. I'd like to see Rodgers vs Brady in the big one.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ahhh, jeez, not the Capers things again. sleep

AJ Hawk was a liability for the Packers - that's why he's gone. The Packers desperately needed a MLB that could run. With all the "talent" on this defense - and without googling, I'll challenge any one of you guys (except teal..:)) to name a Packers linebacker that isn't named Matthews.

It's the tools Capers is given to work with - it's that simple.
For a draft-and-develop team, when you miss on high picks on defense - it kills.

Justin Harrell. 1st round draft choice. Bust.
Jerel Worthy. Second round choice. Bust.
Nick Perry. 1st round draft choice. Mediocre.
Datone Jones. 1st round draft choice. Mediocre.

The Packers are in the business of football - and they're pretty freaking good at it. If these same people thought they could get a better defensive coordinator, they'd do it in a heartbeat. They like Dom because he's pretty good at using the tools he's given. wink

On the"Rodgers should have more rings to show" comment:
Quick trivia; how many SB's did HOF-QB Dan Marino win? Orrrr, how many years did it take Elway to finally get one? How many did Favre win? Point is, winning a SB is really freaking hard even if you have the most talented team.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Scott -

My problem is while you've listed 2 first rounders currently on the team that are mediocre - that's 2 out of 7 first round players on this defense. They should be producing better than what they have. I will say - Raji has impressed this year and Daniels wants 10 million a year but it took till game 3 for his production to match his mouth. We'll see if it continues.

I'm not a Capers fan but I understand what happened in KC on Monday. That don't tick me off tho I think Elliot should be getting more than 8 snaps a game - dude flat out produces when he's in. Until Monday - Shields was a hot mess, Heyward wasn't far behind either.

I really liked Hawk as a person, 1/2 the hate has to do with him being a #5 pick and not his performance. He had to go tho.

Some may remember - last year I was begging all who would listen that we bring in Wade Phillips as the DC. Completely understand he's a crap HC but DC - yeah. Does a 3-4 but different gap system. Look what he's done in Denver - I think he'd be lights out here.

Me

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
AJ Hawk is indeed a great guy. And, I agree on the ill-will in where he was taken in the draft. To the Packers (and AJ's) defense, 2006 was quite a stinker for 1st round choices.

Raji is back inside where he belongs. Dix has been pretty solid but he's still finding his way. Randall is still wet behind the ears. And while Peppers is still performing, at 35, we can't expect the Peppers that played in Carolina (or early on in Chicago).

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'll be keeping my eye on Joe Thomas - he seemed to do pretty decent for a guy in his position.

Raji is where he belongs but he's also lighter and faster.

Packers have used A LOT of early picks on defense since 2011 and sooner or later, they need to swing the other way.

Linemen would be a great place to start as the Persian prince seems to have regressed. Sitton/Lang aren't getting younger either.

Me

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
Viking: I am no expert and no fan of the Green Bay Packers but they do certainly seem to be "dialed in"!
And I do NOT care much for the Green Bay quarterback personally, but as an athlete he is either THE best quarterback in the N.F.L. today or tied for THE best!
I love to watch football!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

703 members (007FJ, 160user, 163bc, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 1234, 65 invisible), 3,112 guests, and 1,364 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,579
Posts18,454,063
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.