Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

There's some nice Federal Auto Match that my son shot out of my Marlin.

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
I have a Shilen barrel on mine and it likes Aguila SE almost as well as Tenex.

If this came from anybody but you, I would question it.

I've wondered whether QC would suffer from the overheated demand, and some of these posts about known domestic brands tend to confirm my suspicions.

I'd like to do some controlled testing of old vs. newer lots of ammo like Automatch.

I shoot TAC-22 in my 10/22s, but I can't say it is best or that I can drive nails with it.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Might try RWS rifle target and pistol target. I shoot a 77/22 and both of these shot pretty good. Their match ammo shot well also.

Wolf target and match both shoot pretty good and are not too pricey. The Wolf ultra-match shoots well, but is pricey.

Same as Wolf Match Extra???

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by Oldman03
Might try RWS rifle target and pistol target. I shoot a 77/22 and both of these shot pretty good. Their match ammo shot well also.

Wolf target and match both shoot pretty good and are not too pricey. The Wolf ultra-match shoots well, but is pricey.

Same as Wolf Match Extra???

I just took delivery of a brick of SK Rifle Match from Champion Shooters Supply, and they said that it is Wolf Match Extra, made on the same machines.

I don't know about equivalencies in other grades of SK and Wolf, but I'd think they'd be comparable at the same price points.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
My 2 MK's like Federal Auto Match just fine. We'll see how the Kidd likes them soon. Getting it back tomorrow.

RickyD, here's a link for you.

http://sgammo.com/product/22-lr/325...ack-40-grain-lead-1200-fps-ammo-am22-lim

You can get up to 4 boxes of 325 count delivered for the $12 delivery charge (my zipcode). Works out to $.0829/rd delivered. Next delivery tier at 5 boxes goes to $14.

Rage on.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Both of my 10/22s love CCI SV LR. I use it exclusively for all my squirrel hunting.

maddog

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
RWS Rifle Match is the standard that I have come to judge other .22 LR ammo by. It has shot well in all of the rifles that I've shot it in, from A to W, Anschutz to Winchester. While I prefer to shoot Rifle Match, I shoot more Target Rifle because it is nearly as good and it is less expensive.

E
EWY Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
If you don't mind to spend the money try the higher grades of Lapua.

Ernie

George Washington - �Labour to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire,�conscience.�

God save the Republic
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I'm tired of politics for the day.

Besides Eley Tenex, what shoots lights out in a Ruger 10/22 with a .920 bull barrel and Bentz chamber?

I've heard good things about Wolf match and SK extra.

I've shot Aguila Super Extra, and it's not bad. Anything else you guys are using?

Back in the day , Winchester Power Point ammo has shot very well.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Did some ammo testing this weekend. Aguila Super Extra was superb, shooting 5 shot ragged holes at 50 years. Tried GECO Auto Match, and most every time it put the first 2 or 3 in the same hole, and then the next two would fly and open the group. Not bad, but not as good as Aguila.

SO Jorge had some Federal Auto match. Put in 4 shots - one ragged hole! Sot more 5 shot groups and found it performed as well as Agulia with more velocity.

Pugs shot some in his .22lr bolt gun and it did not like GECO or Agulia, but did like his stuff, which I hope he reminds us of what that was.

Moral of the story, .22 lr are finicky about what they shoot. What one likes, another will hate, so don't overlook some of the cheaper stuff without a try.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My 22's aren't finicky at all. They kill piles of schit regardless of what I feed them.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Pugs shot some in his .22lr bolt gun and it did not like GECO or Agulia, but did like his stuff, which I hope he reminds us of what that was.

I brought Norma Tac-22 and Winchester x22lrsuba. Generally have had good luck with both but as the Doc says you never know. A friend and I bought identical CZ-455 and they varied dramatically in what they liked.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
my 541-s likes lapua and tenex better than r-50 . ron

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Pugs
A friend and I bought identical CZ-455 and they varied dramatically in what they liked.

How dramatically?

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
A friend and I bought identical CZ-455 and they varied dramatically in what they liked.

How dramatically?

Travis

Mine liked the Winchester x22lrsuba shot nice nickel sized groups at 50, his shot the same load into triple that size.

Same experience with his liking the CCI small game bullet and shooting nickel groups and mine shooting 3" groups.

I've actually seen the largest variance among some of the various Eley types from great to pathetic. That's with 2 Coopers and 2 CZ's and a Browning lever. I have a 10/22 but as Hatari and I chatted this weekend, it's the same shape as I bought it in 1980 (for $89!) and I'm awful tempted to start playing plug and play with it. grin

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
It's a 10/22! If you miss the first time, press the button once more. Or twice.....

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

mine is a plain old 10-22 built in 1980. likes the norma tac. shoots minute of squirrel

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

I brought Norma Tac-22 and Winchester x22lrsuba. Generally have had good luck with both but as the Doc says you never know. A friend and I bought identical CZ-455 and they varied dramatically in what they liked.

Ah, yes! Thanks for the reminder. My 10/22 turned its nose up at those two, yet shot Jorge's Walmart Federal bulk ammo like a champ.

Chamber makes a big difference. My bbl has the Bentz chamber.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by deflave

How dramatically?

Travis

Mine liked the Winchester x22lrsuba shot nice nickel sized groups at 50, his shot the same load into triple that size.

Same experience with his liking the CCI small game bullet and shooting nickel groups and mine shooting 3" groups.

I've actually seen the largest variance among some of the various Eley types from great to pathetic. That's with 2 Coopers and 2 CZ's and a Browning lever. I have a 10/22 but as Hatari and I chatted this weekend, it's the same shape as I bought it in 1980 (for $89!) and I'm awful tempted to start playing plug and play with it. grin

I can honestly state none of my rimfires fluctuate to that degree.

Travis

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
PowerPoints in mine. I used to stock up whenever I was in a store and still have tons. Didn't even know they were hard to find. My wife has a little 10/22 with carbon fiber wrapped barrel. It prefers the CCI Velocitors. Don't know if they are available either. Both like the Federal Match too.

NoCAL

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

491 members (10gaugemag, 16penny, 12savage, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 160user, 58 invisible), 2,903 guests, and 1,161 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,276
Posts18,467,549
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.