-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah I saw it was on their 2015 brochure, but I'm wondering why it's not on their web site anymore. And no doubt Colt is still making LW Commander special editions for various distributors. But I'm a bit unnerved that you don't see a LW Commander in .45 or Super on their web site menu; makes me wonder if it's because they intend to dump the LW Commander...Which would just be another in a long like of Colt's really bad decisions.

GB1

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Yeah I saw it was on their 2015 brochure, but I'm wondering why it's not on their web site anymore. And no doubt Colt is still making LW Commander special editions for various distributors. But I'm a bit unnerved that you don't see a LW Commander in .45 or Super on their web site menu; makes me wonder if it's because they intend to dump the LW Commander...Which would just be another in a long like of Colt's really bad decisions.

It is on their website. Pistols, Special Editions. They are distributed by others. They have been doing that for a while. They will not get rid of a LW. I know why you are nervous. Giving their history.

The LW Commander is at the top for CC . They do command high prices. They need to Bob one. It would sell like hot cakes.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
C
CEJ1895 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
C
Gibby - would the Colt Defender be considered a bobbed version? Seems like an interesting pistol..

Last edited by CEJ1895; 10/07/15.

Speak softly and use a big bore...
Where's El Cid when we need him...
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
I was thinking more of a Bobbed Grip frame like Hunt's.
I carry a full size 1911 pretty well. Commander even better, but in a rare moment when it digs in, it is usually the grip frame.

I am old school in believing that the Browning design works better with barrels 4" and longer. But that is just me. I have a couple of friends that carry and shoot the Defenders. They like them. Have not heard any complaints from them.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by CEJ1895
Hi,
Trying to decide which one to pick for everyday carry in an IWB holster. Leaning toward the Springfield because of Colt's trouble but have a line on a NIB Colt at a good price. Pros/Cons of each?

Thanks!

Springfield is the way to go

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The wife has a Defender and its been solid for about 2k rds but she doesnt carry it often.

I have several 1911's in all sizes but prefer the Commander for carry. My S&W is the bobtail but not a PC gun with ported slide like Hunts.

[Linked Image]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
More money but you may want to look at the Dan Wesson lineup. I've been looking at their CCO and ECO models for myself.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
FYI,

I just went to Colt's web site to look up the LW Commander which was the XSE model, and the XSE's seem to be gone from their web site. Furthermore, I didn't find any LW Commanders on their web site. That really sucks because Colt's was pretty much the last company making a LW Commander in .38 Super, and I was kinda saving my pennies for one.

Should'a been saving nickels instead.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I reckon my JMO-YMMV, varied.....

Reckon so.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by huntsman22

I reckon my JMO-YMMV, varied.....

Reckon so.

Rectum sore?

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
FYI,

I just went to Colt's web site to look up the LW Commander which was the XSE model, and the XSE's seem to be gone from their web site. Furthermore, I didn't find any LW Commanders on their web site. That really sucks because Colt's was pretty much the last company making a LW Commander in .38 Super, and I was kinda saving my pennies for one.

Should'a been saving nickels instead.
Right!!!

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
You already have some good guns. You have time to save up and get what you really want.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

70 members (Akhutr, 10gaugemag, Anaconda, 6MMWASP, AdventureBound, 338reddog, 5 invisible), 1,619 guests, and 796 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,201
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.