Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
I hope they all tell Obama the truth: gun control makes opportunistic violent crime, far, far more prevalent and far, far worse because it creates masses of unarmed, vulnerable people while doing nothing to deter or prevent sociopaths from wreaking their planned havoc on these unarmed masses. Obama needs to hear this argument and to be told to his face by the victims that he and his policies are to blame for these mass killings.

We can always hope, but I doubt it will happen. One thing is damn sure: he won't meet with the LEOs who had to deal with this carnage first hand. He considers them the enemy and could care less what their opinions are.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All who agree to meet with him will likely be ready to suck his dick because he is the POTUS; most likely Demoncrat voters as well.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He needs to act like a president, a leader of the free world, not like Al Sharpton attempting to accomplish things he wants, and to further agendas from others misfortune.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a shame he won't be going to meet the victims.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I suspect that the victims' families we be thoroughly vetted so they say the right things.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The son of a bitch was asked to show respect and stay away from Roseburg.

He's failed in one regard,...so far.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I suspect that the victims' families we be thoroughly vetted so they say the right things.

Makes one's skin crawl,....reviewing / speculating on... the methodologies involved in "Vetting"

I have to say that I'd advise them to take the money and STFU.

GTC

-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
He needs to act like a president, a leader of the free world, not like Al Sharpton attempting to accomplish things he wants, and to further agendas from others misfortune.

clarity, and well spoken

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It might not go well.

'The President is not welcome here': Roseburg local newspaper chief leads calls against Obama's visit to meet the victims of the UCC shooting

President Barack Obama will travel to Oregon on Friday to visit privately with families of the victims of last week's shooting at a community college.

But the trip has angered locals in Roseburg who say Obama is 'not welcome' because the visit is merely a 'grandstand for political purposes'.

They claim the President is simply using the massacre to gain support for his gun-control agenda.

Leading the chorus is David Jaques, the publisher of conservative newspaper the Roseburg Beacon, who said of Obama's planned trip: 'I think that's very inappropriate, and I think it's disrespectful to the families.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-victims-UCC-shooting.html#ixzz3nrelcRlP

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
first prove to us all that he wasn't behind the shooting to start with.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
All who agree to meet with him will likely be ready to suck his dick because he is the POTUS; most likely Demoncrat voters as well.

MM
He well might bus in some support. Probably won't get enough to show up from the locals.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Like anywhere, Roseburg has a few democrats up that way... but they are definitely in the minority....

Roseburg is like many of the small town geographical areas that make up most of rural America, that don't vote Democrat...

so I am sure Obama or the Potland DemocRATS will make sure to have tons of loyal supporters available for photo ops...

probably busing down a bunch of welfare abusers, from up I 5.... paying them an extra check from the Feds to be there...
plus paying for their meals etc...

"His loyal fans" will be totally staged.... you can bet your bottom dollar on it...

I am sure the Secret Service will be earning their money on Friday....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wonder what the victim's families think about his visit ? There doesn't seem to be anything in the news about THAT.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
http://www.nrtoday.com/news/1852470...ases-statement-welcoming-president-obama
The city of Roseburg has released a statement in support of President Barack Obama’s upcoming visit to Roseburg.

“Since the announcement that President Obama may be in the Roseburg area on Friday to meet with the families that lost loved ones at Umpqua Community College, news outlets have been announcing that the president was not welcome in Roseburg,” the statement read. “These announcements have included alleged quotes from community leaders.

“... We wish to be clear that Mayor (Larry) Rich, City Council President (Tom) Ryan and the Roseburg City Council welcome the president to Roseburg and will extend him every courtesy,” the statement said.

President Obama is scheduled to visit Roseburg on Friday to visit the families of the victims from the Umpqua Community College shooting, which killed nine people at the school and injured nine others.

The statement, released shortly before noon on Tuesday, comes on the heels of recent statements made on national television that suggest the president would not be received. David Jaques, the publisher of the Roseburg Beacon, had said that President Obama would not be welcome in Roseburg.

“We’ve talked to dozens upon dozens of citizens, some family members of the victims, our elected officials,” Jaques recently told Bill O’Reilly on his show “The O’Reilly Factor.” “Our Douglas County commissioners, along with our Douglas County-elected sheriff, who is very popular, and our chief of police all came to a consensus language about him not being welcome here for political grandstanding.”

City Councilor Steve Kaser, who oversees the southeastern quadrant of the city, said the comments by Jaques were upsetting.

“When I heard his interview I was appalled. He didn’t speak for us as a council. He didn’t speak for Roseburg,” Kaser said. “We’ve united around this thing. To have somebody like Mr. Jaques make this a political thing — this is a sitting president. I don’t care who he is. You agree with him or not, you have to show respect.”

The city’s statement continued by stating, “Unfortunately, individuals have been claiming to be speaking on behalf of the city of Roseburg. Please be advised that any statements made by individuals other than our elected city of Roseburg officials or our appointed City Manager (Lance) Colley and Police Chief (Jim) Burge are misrepresentations.”

The statement concluded, “Please keep the families of the victims and those impacted by this tragedy in your thoughts and prayers.”

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
It sounds like the Roseburg officials are trying to be politicians instead of doing what their constituents elected them for.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Calhoun

“When I heard his interview I was appalled. He didn’t speak for us as a council. He didn’t speak for Roseburg,” Kaser said. “We’ve united around this thing. To have somebody like Mr. Jaques make this a political thing — this is a sitting president. I don’t care who he is. You agree with him or not, you have to show respect.”

What a fugging puzzy

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
He got a good "talkin' to" and some "spendin' money".

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by kciH
It's a shame he won't be going to meet the victims.
Remember the victims were Christians, not afraid to declare themselves as such. Obama will never see them in this life or the next. Neither will most any lieberal. As it should be.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 700LH

THIS!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

625 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 1234, 10gaugeman, 63 invisible), 2,028 guests, and 1,187 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,245
Posts18,447,972
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.