-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IMHO, there is nothing wrong with naming the perps as long as the media also gives the UNVARNISHED truth and facts about why that crime was comitted, how and with exactly what - on the basis of solid info put together by knowledgeable unbiased investigators. Not theory, not assumptions, not someone's personal view of the matter.

OK, hold the name of the perp(s) until the full and correct story has been assembled - NOT by media types or politicians - but by trustworthy experts. Then - publish the entire thing, name(s) and all. Given the human misery to be suffered and dealt with during and afterward, the immediate naming of the perp(s) seems almost inconsequential. I know - the "curiosity" factor. That's for small minds.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Sycamore

On a related note, the word "gullible" has been removed from the dictionary.

Sycamore

Yup, got me for a minute.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Democrats don't blame the shooter; they blame the gun. Too bad they don't know a single shot from a semi auto so they can get a story right.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I wish the media would just STFU and not give schidtheads like this any type of air time whatsoever....so if they dont mention his name, not by a law, but by an understanding that attention whores get off on attention....maybe things could change.

pipe dream I know but hell its worth a shot.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JBARTRAM
you guys are discussing something that didn't happen

I'm discussing something I wouldn't mind seeing. If the media won't step up and stop naming them, at some point I think it should be discussed.

If nothing else, it'd be fun to see the liberals freak out and try to justify how the mass murder deaths are less important than the media naming the individuals involved.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Wouldn't want folks finding out the shooter was a registered democrat or a muslim.

I think that pretty well sums it up

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Calhoun

If nothing else, it'd be fun to see the liberals freak out and try to justify how the mass murder deaths are less important than the media naming the individuals involved.

A lot more lives than those lost to a few crazies were lost securing our Constitutional freedoms. I'm not willing to give any of them up.

Democracy is not freedom. Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to eat for lunch. Freedom comes from the recognition of certain rights which may not be taken, not even by a 99% vote.
*Marvin Simkin* L.A. Times (1992)
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Copyright 2015 | All Rights Reserved | Powered by HITTEKK | Proudly owned by NBC President & CEO, Dr. Paul Horner. We need writers! If you would like to write for NBC, please contact us! Looking to advertise? Contact us! All trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, product names, images and logos appearing on the site are the property of their respective owners. | Do you have a complaint? We love to hear them! You can call our complaint department directly at (785) 273-0325 | Do you have a problem with self-rape? Are you looking to get off the Devil's playground? Fappy The Anti-Masturbation Dolphin can help! Praise Fappy!

How could anyone look at such a source and not see the satire?

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mcmurphrjk
Originally Posted by Calhoun

A lot more lives than those lost to a few crazies were lost securing our Constitutional freedoms. I'm not willing to give any of them up.

A lot of state laws exist that ban the naming of juvenile delinquents involved in court cases, and almost all media refuse to name sexual assault victims. Hopefully the media will follow Megan Kelly's lead and stop naming them on their own. Though I doubt CNN or MSNBC would, they need those bloody ratings because they are almost dead without them.

I doubt it would stand up in court, the loss of 100 lives or so a year out of 330 million residents isn't justification to infringe a Constitutional right.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Best Self-believed Fiction Winner! (again)

Originally Posted by watch4bear
[Linked Image]

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think the excess coverage of these shooters does encourage others to copy cat them. I also think the liberal media is fine with this as they are using this to lobby for more gun control.

They really would do society a service by voluntarily limiting coverage of these low lifes but they won't do it since it interferes with their liberal agenda.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dear Rand Paul:

If Republicans have majorities in the Senate ahd House of Representatives, how did this law get passed in the first place?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

608 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 69 invisible), 2,623 guests, and 1,268 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,932
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.