Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Well if the loss of arctic sea ice can be predicted to last any length of time... it very well may bring about the building of a highly wanted bridge or tunnel between Russia and Alaska. Both Russia and China have alloted hundreds of billions of dollars for its building.

Hell, maybe Trump in the white house and unusually low ice and temperatures in the Bering Sea could bring it about. It could be called the Trump Expressway, and have fantastically beautiful gateways. And maybe there could be images of Trump in gold above the roadway on both ends.

Phil

GB1

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I'd really like to care what the climate is going to be doing in 50 years from now, but I ain't going to be here and I don't give a flip.

Let the young generation deal with 'climate guilt'

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Climate guilt!!! That is so freakin' awesome!!!!

I rest my scrotum.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Well if the loss of arctic sea ice can be predicted to last any length of time... it very well may bring about the building of a highly wanted bridge or tunnel between Russia and Alaska. Both Russia and China have alloted hundreds of billions of dollars for its building.

Hell, maybe Trump in the white house and unusually low ice and temperatures in the Bering Sea could bring it about. It could be called the Trump Expressway, and have fantastically beautiful gateways. And maybe there could be images of Trump in gold above the roadway on both ends.

Phil

it's amazing that such a feat hasn't already been attempted. nevertheless canada and russia will battle over who really owns the north pole.

an "open" pole for shipping could be almost revolutionary. just because something changes doesn't mean it's a bad thing.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Greyghost

Phil

Tell us Phil, what was the arctic and/or antarctic sea ice extent in 1949? 1952? 1899? How about 1721, or 1498? Can you or anyone else tell us what the ice extent was any time before 1964? NO. That's the point, Phil, you can't because know one knows how much ice extent fluctuation occurs decade to decade cuz they don't have enough observed data. There were no satellites floating around the earth to take pictures of the polar zones to accurately measure how much ice was or wasn't there. Considering the planet is over 3 billion years old and observed ice data goes back a mere 51 years, the math is fairly obvious.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Buried about 20 pages into the paper, this little gem was printed...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Thank your SBTCO!!!
And once again,,,,

I rest my scrotum

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
When my Grandparents settled here in the late 1800's they started seeding in January the first year. It was beautiful with no snow. By the way we are in central northern North Dakota. Wanna guess how that turned out for them. Global warming it was not.Just an unusually warm winter for a while. Seeding takes place late April into First part of june. Stuff happens. ED K

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
i'll experiance climate change this week end when i go from south TX 90s to mass. 50s

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
IC B3

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Man is the only creature with enough audacity to think he has power over nature!

Founder

WS

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Ghost if you really believe that man can change this stuff,why don't you help by offing yourself?

This stuff has been changing ever since this rock came into being and will be changing when man is no longer here.

Brain trust member i suppose.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Was it 2008 that these same "scientists" said that there would be no more ice anywhere in five years?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Man is the only creature with enough audacity to think he has power over nature!

Correct as there is no difference between a black fellow in Africa dancing around in a circle yelling "ooga-booga" and a white fellow in a lab coat on screen singing the same tune.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
smile

Founder

WS

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

259 members (1OntarioJim, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 2UP, 26 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 904 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,600
Posts18,454,610
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.