Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I have a couple of older Moultrie that I might try out again this year. They really run through batteries quick compared to some other brands....

GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Are the Minox trail cameras any good? See them on Camofire for $140 DTC 650

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not worth really starting a new thread but on the topic of game cameras as an FYI for those that shop The Cabelas bargain cave, I bought what I thought was a great deal on a returned Stealth Camera at $170 with a normal price $300. When I took it out of the (sealed) box it was in fact a very old Stealth camera model that was available for about $70 on the web.

Spoke to customer service and pointed out that they had gotten ripped off by whomever returned a camera worth a lot less and I got ripped off by spending a lot more than it was worth. Policy is "as is" and not returnable. Same answer from supervisor. Lesson learned. If you shop the bargain cave in person, feel free to slip out your knife and open their sealed packages. I won't ever buy from the Bargain Cave via the web again.

As a 40 year customer of Cabelas, Dick and Tom Cabela should be aghast at what the gold standard of customer service has become. There appears to be no differentiated value from them and anyplace else you can buy stuff.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Couple of possible solutions for some cams. I have a Truth Cam Supercharged Blackout HD which has a name that is waaaay too long. Shortly after the warranty expired it started eating batteries even when powered off. As in new Duracells. They would last maybe a day. Obviously a short somewhere. Didn't figure it was worth the hassel of sending it back for repair. But I never had tried running it with the external battery box that holds 8 or 16 extra AAs and plugs into the bottom of the cam via a 12V input. Bingo. Circuitry for the external power source bypasses the short in the internal battery supply. Operation is back to normal. Only problem is a sometimes whiteout on pics into the sun early morning or late evening. Some pics it has taken are on General Big Game of some bear.

Failure to recognize the SD card in cams or other devices, or issues saving data, can many times be cured by doing a full format of the card in a computer, not with the cam. THIS WILL ERASE EVERYTHING ON THE SD CARD. Save whatever pics you want to keep to your hard drive or thumb drive or disc or whatever otherwise you'll never see them again.

For Windows systems:

Plug the SD into a laptop or desktop.
Open your Computer folder.
Right click on the SD Symbol/Description and select Format on the menu that appears.
On the next menu that appears de-select Quick Format (this automatically selects Full Format though that description will probably not appear).
Click Start and let the program run until notified of completion.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Pugs
Not worth really starting a new thread but on the topic of game cameras as an FYI for those that shop The Cabelas bargain cave, I bought what I thought was a great deal on a returned Stealth Camera at $170 with a normal price $300. When I took it out of the (sealed) box it was in fact a very old Stealth camera model that was available for about $70 on the web.

Spoke to customer service and pointed out that they had gotten ripped off by whomever returned a camera worth a lot less and I got ripped off by spending a lot more than it was worth. Policy is "as is" and not returnable. Same answer from supervisor. Lesson learned. If you shop the bargain cave in person, feel free to slip out your knife and open their sealed packages. I won't ever buy from the Bargain Cave via the web again.

As a 40 year customer of Cabelas, Dick and Tom Cabela should be aghast at what the gold standard of customer service has become. There appears to be no differentiated value from them and anyplace else you can buy stuff.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep an eye out for that stuff at my local store.

IC B2

A
A
“When he was young, I told Dale Jr. that hunting and racing are a lot alike. Holding that steering wheel and holding that rifle both mean you better be responsible.” -Dale Earnhardt

http://www.gamecamerareview.com/

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

611 members (1beaver_shooter, 240NMC, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 160user, 2500HD, 62 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,645
Posts18,455,396
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.