Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
GregW knows the program, and this buck, in that tough country, are proof positive. Nice buck Greg, you earned it, and you deserve it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
BP-B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Very nice Greg. Must have been a special hunt missing out on the others, but then again they all are, right.

That other one in the video lives in the same unit? The habitat looked quite a bit different. Maybe he's just in a draw or on the north side of a hill?

Anyhow, thanks for sharing that.

Geno

PS, you hunt in the SE part of the state for that guy? I've always hunted farther north.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
G
GregW Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Very nice Greg. Must have been a special hunt missing out on the others, but then again they all are, right.

That other one in the video lives in the same unit? The habitat looked quite a bit different. Maybe he's just in a draw or on the north side of a hill?

Anyhow, thanks for sharing that.

Geno

PS, you hunt in the SE part of the state for that guy? I've always hunted farther north.

All in same unit. The buck moved out of the country or went nocturnal is all I can say. No worries. I'll be after him again in January...

I usually hunt south of IH-10....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Thanks for the reply,

Nice wide open country with good brushy spots down that way it looks. Perhaps you're "boy" will show up for you in the new year. Will that be an archery hunt for you? Good luck.

Geno

PS, I can't wait to see if my wife and I do retire back to AZ. I checked the other day and see they don't tax SS. That'll sure help.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by GregW
[quote=Tejano]"I either want an exit and will sacrifice BC, or I want detonation with a lot of BC."

Which parts a head scratcher? My bullets didn't do what yours did? If so, welcome to hunting...
Agree x2

Just goes to show how worthless conventional wisdom is. The usual thinking is that with lower velocities penetration should increase and expansion decrease.

But you did well, just spent a week in the desert por nada. But I had a great time.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Greg, the video really fires me up! just a few more weeks!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by GregW
Here's the horse I was trying to kill but couldn't find him.

[img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f311/GmoneyTLU/th_MVI_0087_zpsi2oahg1l.mp4[/img]
He's not over the hill by any means--I'd bet that he'll be there next year. Hope that you find him again!

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Beauty buck!

is ~500 typical range?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (16penny, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1234, 10gaugemag, 160user, 65 invisible), 3,135 guests, and 1,291 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,745
Posts18,401,279
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.