Print Thread
Hop To
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I have a Rem 700 VTR 223 in an High Tech Specialties stock with PT&G bottom metal that uses AICS style mags. My 10 round AICS magazine feeds horribly. It barely holds the cartridge in the magazine and allows the cartridge to pop out too quickly when cycling the round into the chamber. This causes a jam. It gets worse the more rounds I load into the mag, I guess because of the increased pressure on the spring.

I've done a google search and this seems to be common problem with these mags. What would you guys do? Should I contact the company and get a replacement? I've found another polymer mag made by MDT that is $40. I've also seen some steel ones that are about $80. If I buy a different one, what would y'all recommend?

[Linked Image]

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
I'd first see if they can help you,
but I ended going to the Wyatt's mag box set up.
It cured ALL feeding problems in my 700 223 AI.
Mike

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Sell your outfit and get 1 that works, too many companies out there wasting our time and money.

Buy a new How mini 223, will have none of the problems youve described and yes I do have 1.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
i got a Wyatts also, mags are steel instead of plastic and can be tuned to feed perfectly.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I'd contact the company pronto.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TAINT',

You DUMBfhuqk...you couldn't pour piss out of a boot. This has been covered in finite detail and I enjoy you using your Imagination to Pretend it ain't. Great time to cite your Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Hint

Wyatt sucks heavy ass and is a fhuqking joke. Re-hint.

AICS poly's suck heavy ass and are best used as 6BR conversions. Re-re-hint.

[Linked Image]

MDT poly's rule that roost. Re-re-re-hint.

AM steel 5-rounders STEAL the fhuqking Show. Re-re-re-re-hint.

Bitchin' scope and mounts/rings. Laughing! Re-re-re-re-re-hint.

[Linked Image]

Can't know which is going to be more fhuqking hilarious...the Silence or the Whining?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
The "Search" function is your friend.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Stick,

Will the AM 5 rounders hold a 2.45-2.50" OAL or do you need to modify the internals?

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well I contacted Accuracy International about my faulty magazine. I didn't hear anything back from them for several days so I ordered a steel magazine from Brownells. Of course the very next day I got an email back from AI saying they were sending me a new magazine and a shipping label to send mine back.

Got the steel mag today and it fits and feeds perfectly, although it is heavy. We'll see about the new AI mag if and when it arrives.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
T
TATELAW Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Just thought I'd update this. Got the email from AI about the replacement magazine on 12/2. Still nothing as of today so I replied back as to the status of the replacement.

Some of these companies really need to work on their CS.

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (6mmCreedmoor, 1_deuce, 257wthbylover, 300_savage, 5sdad, 16 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,511
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.