Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes it helps to step back and ask the obvious:

I keep asking people: “Can somebody tell me about all the big Rallies for Cruz, Rubio, Bush, Carson, Kasich, Christie??? Are they too having several a week? Does anybody have the listings of previous rallies and upcoming rallies? The location, the venue, the attendances?”

Crickets.

[Linked Image]

Trump is the only one working. It’s glaring. He’s not just working, he’s been chugging along lapping the field day-in and day-out for months now. Nobody is attracting the people like Trump. Nobody.

But wait, that’s going to annoy the naysayers that attack his supporters as idiots & low information boobs. So let’s take the crowds out of it.

Let’s pretend that Trump isn’t getting the huge crowds. Ignore the movement. Ignore the people.

♦ Is there anybody out there working as HARD as he is?
♦ Is there anybody as driven & disciplined at getting his message out?
♦ Is there anybody doing as many interviews, appearances and events, non-stop for months & months as he is?
♦ Who is working for it the most? Who?

Now this leads one to think, Hmmm…..why aren’t the other candidates working? Seriously, there’s nobody else even trying to campaign other than Trump. The rest of he field is 100% weaksauce posturing & hoping Trump will flame out and/or depending on the media’s Propaganda.

What are they actually doing? Anything? It’s glaringly obvious. Why aren’t they campaigning? Where’s the rallies? Where’s the energy? It’s not there. There is no there, there. They’re not EVEN TRYING. How telling is that? Why are they not even trying? What does this reveal about the field?

If Jeb, Rubio, Cruz or ANYBODY other than Trump was regularly having massive rallies that attracted thousands of people, do you think the media would be quiet about it?

How about just ONE rally? Wouldn’t they be shouting like banshees from every rooftop in the nation? Touting the surging candidate? “Jeb Rally is sold out!! 10,000 in attendance! He’s a serious contender! Jeb is surging!!!!!”

What do we have? Nothing. Zilch. Nada.A big Zero.

Trump is the only one actually working. There is no debate about this.

If one steps back from the nattering propaganda and looks at the reality of the situation, it’s quite clear. Nobody is even coming close to his energy, dedication, wit, work ethic, or expertise. Some may even claim his handling of the media is genius. But, Ya know what I respect more than his genius? His unrelenting and disciplined work ethic. It’s like nobody I’ve ever seen.

[Linked Image]

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep. In Oklahoma City, Cruz had a few hundred attend his rally. Trump had 8,000.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Yep. In Oklahoma City, Cruz had a few hundred attend his rally. Trump had 8,000.

Well, hell, everyone loves a freak show. Look at all the fans of Jerry Springer, Donahue, Maury Povich, Oprah, Ellen Degenerate, etc.

They got lots of viewers, too, along with the other freak shows disguised as "reality" TV.

Folks wanna see if Trump will keep up the showmanship, he's at least a good showman.

The others you mentioned are just hard-working guys going about their business without the showmanship.
Trump had his own show for quite awhile (what was it, 13 seasons?), he's bound to have learned something from the PT Barnum atmosphere of clownsville.

I don't dislike Trump, but I'm not going to run down the others for just being hard-working folks.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Playing Devil's Advocate, I know who I'm voting for, I don't need go to a rally.

I wonder how many of the Trump rally attendees are undecided?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I think the whole political establishment of both parties is whistling past the graveyard. They keep whistling a tune about how Trump can't win. They said the same thing about Reagan being an unserious candidate. He crushed Bush in the primaries and Carter and then Mondale in two general elections. Reagan was hated by the Republican establishment. I see a lot of similarities. The rest of the Republican field has the charisma of dead fish and will be crushed in a general election. Trump may not be the ultra conservatives man but he beats the hell out of the alternative Hillary Clinton. I think Cruz would be a great president but he has little chance of winning the Republican nomination much less the general election. Now if Trump should win the Presidency I would dearly love to see Cruz on the Supreme court where he could do real good for this country for a generation. Fiorina might be a good VP candidate but I'm not sure about that. Need someone level headed and articulate to balance the showmanship of Trump and give women swing voters another reason to vote Republican. Most importantly we need a Republican to win and stack the supreme court with strict constructionist.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not only is the rest of the field look like slackers compared to Trump they also don't exude the confidence and presidential demeanor that Trump does. I can visualize Trump as President but the rest of the field I can't. Hillary Clinton is so stiff and odd with that inappropriate laugh that I can't see her inspiring the democratic base to come out and vote. The Democratic voters will not cross party lines much but they will stay home if they're not motivated. Of course Dr Carson as the VP might make it harder for black religious leaders to really support Clinton come fall. They will certainly publicly support the democratic nominee but how hard will they really work with a successful religious black man on the opposite ticket ? There's a lot of real unknowns in this election and probably more on the line for future freedom than any other in my lifetime. Loose the presidency and you loose the supreme court. Loose the court and this country will not be worth living in.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did not read anywhere that the OP was running down the other candidates, rather, it was a simple question as to why the People are not turning out to their campaign stops in the numbers they are for Trump. You seem to be saying they are tuning out to watch a circus, and Trump is a freak. Like Rush says about the brain dead MSM, they do not understand how pissed off is the general electorate this time.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The primary is about gathering delegates, not just gathering crowds.

If Trump does poorly in the delegate count, he will likely claim the game is rigged and go Third Party.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Every report I have read about Trumps ground organization has him leading in the delegate count. He is in every state and has well organized ground support.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
I did not read anywhere that the OP was running down the other candidates, rather, it was a simple question as to why the People are not turning out to their campaign stops in the numbers they are for Trump. You seem to be saying they are tuning out to watch a circus, and Trump is a freak. Like Rush says about the brain dead MSM, they do not understand how pissed off is the general electorate this time.

I think you read what I MEANT wrong grin . I was trying to say that folks came for the show that is Trump. No harm in that.

I think that Trump is all "show" and no "go", but don't think that the supporters of Trump's fellow candidates aren't angry, too. They might just be at work, and not able to get off for the day. I like Cruz, a LOT, and I hope he peaks at the right time. I hear what Trump says, but he's really not saying much, all platitudes and balderdash, to my ears, anyway.

Cruz and the rest, even Bush (retch, gag) all have concrete plans, not platitudes. I just can't get behind a slogan with nothing to back it up. If other people can, well, there's nothing I can do about that. Trump just ain't my guy, and I do think he's just got a circus act going, but even so , he'd be better than that idiot Hillary.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How does this Democrat lead in a Republican field? crazy

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Ringman
How does this Democrat lead in a Republican field? crazy

Cruz will get my vote, but to answer your question, Trump is echoing American's concern for their country. and he's doing it louder and clearer that any other candidate.

ked

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 11/22/15.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Only a fool would not admit that Trump has lit a fire storm and shook up the GOP.
There has been a real hunger for somebody to step up and swing for the fences.
Not quite the same thing as trusting Trump in the Oval Office.

11/22/15 FOX News Poll:
22.-28. I’m going to read you a list of names and for each one I’d like you to tell me if you think the person is honest and trustworthy, or not.

Summary Chart Among Registered Voters
Yes  No  (Don’t know)
Ben Carson 53% 34 14
Marco Rubio 51% 31 18

Jeb Bush 47% 43 11
Ted Cruz 45% 34 21

Carly Fiorina 41% 36 23
Donald Trump 41% 55 5
Hillary Clinton 38% 58 4

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Wait a minute. Did somebody say Trump exhibits a presidential demeanor? Are you kidding me?

Sanders has outdrawn any candidate, especially the Republicans:

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08...e-draws-people-democratic-candidate.html

Trump's an idiot, Sanders a looney, Cruz is a dick. Who ya gonna run???? Who wants to lose the next presidential election???

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Paddler
Wait a minute. Did somebody say Trump exhibits a presidential demeanor? Are you kidding me?

Sanders has outdrawn any candidate, especially the Republicans:

http://www.politicususa.com/2015/08...e-draws-people-democratic-candidate.html

Trump's an idiot, Sanders a looney, Cruz is a dick. Who ya gonna run???? Who wants to lose the next presidential election???

Your link is from August

"One measure of how impressive Bernie Sanders' crowds have been lately is the respect they get from Donald Trump, a man who clearly believes size matters.

"He's getting the biggest crowds, and I'm getting the biggest crowds," Trump said last week of Sanders in one of his innumerable TV interviews."

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Smart people don't belong to crowds. Trump is doing very well with the star struck types, and there are a lot of them. One thing Trump has to his advantage is that smart people will vote for him too, if they have no other choice.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Maybe they're at work?

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Maybe they're at work?

Good point. My MIL bought twenty tickets to see him in Beaumont and would have given them to her friends if she had any.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by muleshoe
Maybe they're at work?

Good point. My MIL bought twenty tickets to see him in Beaumont and would have given them to her friends if she had any.

Not sure if that was intended to be funny, but it is. smile

Black Cows Matter!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

618 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 1234, 12344mag, 163bc, 68 invisible), 2,243 guests, and 1,140 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,734
Posts18,457,547
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.