Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
You should have jacked your meat more often, and this would have kept the pressure off the prostate.

Fück Joe byron
BP-B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
You should have jacked your meat more often, and this would have kept the pressure off the prostate.

Every morning in the shower isn't enough? laugh laugh laugh

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
TMI, Pat!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Pat85

Every morning in the shower isn't enough? laugh laugh laugh

Add in an evening session as well, don't chance anything.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T

I'm guessing each time your old man lays eyes on you he's thinking, "Sweet Jesus, why didn't I just jack my meat"?

IC B2

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by PJGunner
Been there and done that. Diagnose with prostate cancer about 15 years ago. I don't remember the biopsy hurting much. Felt more like a sudden dull ache that went away until the next poke. Was give the choice of radiation, surgery or radioactive seed implantation. I took the implantation. The only problem I had with that was the prostate swelled up enough that I could not urinate and that hurt like hell in a hurry. Quick trip to the ER and had a catheter installed. A royal PITA but at least I didn't hurt. Sure was glad to have it taken out.
A sadder story though, my step son has stage 4 prostate cancer. He hated going to doctors and when he thought he hurt himself body building, he thought the pain was from straining something in his back so he goes to a chiropractor with no help. keeps on body building and ignored the pain and advice from his mother and I to see a doctor just in case. Finally he's forced to see one as the company he works for had just instituted a policy that employees get a regular year physical. That's how he found out about the cancer and that it had spread to his bones. He was at the time of discovery given 6 months to a year to live. That was two years ago. His last PSA test had dropped down to 7 from a high of 12. Hope springs eternal and we love him very much. I'll give him credit for this. He'll fight it to his very last breath.
Any prayers sent his way would be appreciated.
Paul B.

Prayers sent, for sure.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tommyd53
Thanks to all who responded. I didn't realize it was so common. Hopefully just a small "bump in the road". Thanks again.

did mine in 2009, with the biggest needle he could find[ felt like it anyway, 8 samples ,agressive cancer pills for 3 months then 37 radiation treatments,, every time he put the needle in pain hit 10+.

norm
still cancer free down there.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Thanks to all who responded. I didn't realize it was so common. Hopefully just a small "bump in the road". Thanks again.

I believe the stats are about one in five men will eventually have prostate cancer so yes it is pretty common. The good news is it is a slow growing Cancer and caught early something usually can be done about it. I can say that there are not usually any really noticeable symptoms at least until it is advancd which is often too late so I encourage everyone to get a PSA test annually . They say once you reach age 50 but I know several guys that were younger that had issues so 45 might be better.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I had one done and one plug sample was positive. I felt no pain. Went to Johns Hopkins and had my prostate removed. The surgeon had done over 25K of the surgeries by hand and got the same results as a good doc with the machine. A friend had the needle biopsies taken and no cancer was found but the test checking the semen showed the antigen for cancer so he had his prostate removed. Every slice tested by pathology was positive for cancer. His doctor told him he could wait and see and he chose not to. The doctor told my friend he obviously made the right call!

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
PSA (no pun intended), am involved in this org: REEL RECOVERY

For any man who is recovering, recovered, remission, still in treatment, just starting treatment, just ending treatment, or had any form or severity of cancer (you get the idea), go to this web site and find/register for a retreat near you. It doesn't cost the participant anything. PM me with any questions.

You will never forget this experience!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IC B3

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
I had my annual check with my Urologist last week. He said my PSA blood count had moved up enough since last year, that he thought it warranted a biopsy of my prostate to check for cancer. Anyone here ever been through it? He explained the procedure, but I think they always try to make it sound rosier than it actually is. Just looking for comments from those that have been through it. I worked with a guy several years ago, that went through it. He said it was painful. Maybe techniques have changed since then?

Just an update: I had the biopsy on Monday, the 14th. The procedure was pretty much like you all had told me it would be. I think maybe the numbing agent he used hadn't fully taken affect when he did the first sample, since that was really the only one that I felt. The others were just a dull thud. It does sound like a staple gun going off. Some blood in the urine and stools for a couple days, and that's about it. Pretty painless experience.
The Doctor called last night to set up a consult on the biopsy findings, and while he didn't go into a lot of detail, I asked if he'd give me a quick run down. He said 1 of the 12 samples did show cancer. He said it was a "low-grade, non-aggressive" type. He said we will discuss treatment options when we sit down later next week. I know he was just reading the report as we were talking and had not formulated a plan yet. He did say one option might be to not do anything right now, except to monitor it, and do another biopsy in 9-12 months. I'm looking forward to our formal consultation, so I'll know exactly where I stand, and where I'm headed.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Hope it all works out for the best for you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
good that you had the biopsy done then. Hope it all works out well. It should.

Sam......

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Sorry to hear one sample has it. Glad to hear they seem to have found it early.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Thanks guys.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys.

change your diet NO more white and brown sugar ,lots of anti oxidents fish berries and wild game meat, should help

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Not sure what all that means, but I hope you caught it early, responds to treatment, and that you make a full recovery.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just had the biopsy, not a big deal. After the biopsy I was real uncomfortable for a long time (4 hours). It felt like I had to go but couldn't, I almost went to the ER. Biopsy came out bad but low enough to be monitored. Good luck.

T
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
T
Good luck to you,too. Thanks for the reply, and thanks to all that have replied.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
94 members (99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 257_X_50, 13 invisible), 1,717 guests, and 698 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,724
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.