Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by reelman
No using a lifetime warranty is fine but having to have a lifetime warranty that covers everything regardless of what happened to compete is rediculous. If the magnification adjustment stops working after 10 years it's one thing but if you drop your rifle out of the tree and your scope gets smashed on a rock how is it the manufactures fault in any way shape or form? It's just sad that manufactures need to have to offer such stupid things to compete.

Ask the higher end fly rod makers how a no fault lifetime warranty worked out for them? They couldn't change the guides they put on the rods or even the color they paint the blanks because as soon as they changed something on the rods they would get a huge spike in warranty returns because people were breaking the rods on purpose to get the newest version. When warranty replacements started approaching 50% of the total rods the companies made they decided that something needed to be done and they stopped honoring the warranty in the way they were in the past.

I can't argue with you there. The no fault warranties while nice to have if you need it, have to drive the costs up. I'd be fine paying 25% less knowing if I damaged it due to obvious neglect that the warranty wasn't valid.

GB1

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
i sent an older Monarch in for repair and received a model back that was at least 200 dollars higher than the one i sent in. Only took a couple weeks total time. Great service. BURRIS on the other hand sucks ass. ED K

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by reelman
PJ the question is were the crosshairs moving? Did they move as much as they should and your scope mount or rifle has something off on it? I've mounted many scopes that had all the travel they should have but the mounts or rifle were the problem that didn't allow the rifle to be sighted in.

Did you shoot the gun or just trust the bore sighter?

The crosshairs moved toward the vertical line, then stopped and would go no farther. The adjustment knob felt like it had run to the end of it's allowed movement.
Paul B.

Last edited by PJGunner; 11/27/15.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
So...

the majority of folks have a bad experience with a company standing behind what they make and sell,

Customer service is hit or miss with that company, at best.

Why would someone buy a product from them, when there are many companies that DO stand behind what they sell?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I will give them a call later and see how it works out. From these posts I am hopeful of a positive experience.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
CV, Nikon will take good care of you. Drop me a note if I can be of any help to you in the return process. I'm sure they will replace it with a like model since your scope is no longer made. Please keep me in the loop to let me know how it goes for you. I do freelance Shooting Event's/PR for Nikon but I am not a Nikon employee. I do have the ear of some higher ups at Nikon and they take CS seriously.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
I have been looking at buying a back up set of binos. I am a solid Zeiss guy but at 1k and up the Nikons look like a decent option for a back up.

Any ideas here? Stay away from them because of the warranty issues or???

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I sent a 3 X 9 Monark in for not holding zero on my wife's 6.5 Grendel. The scope has less than 100 rounds fired under it. That was 8 weeks ago and no response. I don't have a lot patience with poor customer service. That will be my last Nikon.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.

Thomas Jefferson
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
My NIKON 520 (?) is currently at NIKON. Camera won't turn on. Everyone on the internet identified this as a software problem, which sounds like a manufacturing/design defect. Nikon is trying to conceal the defect and control the spin, because Nikon refuses to tell me what is wrong with the camera - just send them $150 and they will fix it.

Complete BS.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
i had a brand new rimfire prostaff that sit in the box for 10 years. yes! installed it, and it wouldn't track for nothing. the adjustments meant nothing to that scope. after filling out a lot of computer generated paperwork, etc. they examined it and sent me a brand new replacement. it's as bright as the original, and both boxes said "Phillippines."

i'm satisfied with that service. but that said, warranties are an expense that somebody pays.

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Grand
My NIKON 520 (?) is currently at NIKON. Camera won't turn on. Everyone on the internet identified this as a software problem, which sounds like a manufacturing/design defect. Nikon is trying to conceal the defect and control the spin, because Nikon refuses to tell me what is wrong with the camera - just send them $150 and they will fix it.

Complete BS.

We're talking about nikon sport optics, not cameras. They are so different as to they shouldn't even be considered the same company.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I bought a pre Monarch from a guy here on the fire it was old enough it had red accent stripes I put it on an 7.62 x 39 AR it just was not clear
I went to the site and started an RA shipped it back they sent back the same Japanese scope clear as a bell I was just thrilled

Its really a great little AR scope
Hank

Thank You Lord for another day,Help my Brother along the way

When you mature,you realize hospitals and schools are businesses,and the Beatles were geniuses

Live Like A Champion Today

NRA EndowmentLife Member,My Daughter is also a Life Member
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by mirage243
when I got it and looked through it, looked like you were looking at a football.

Well, were you looking at a football? smile

C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bman940
CV, Nikon will take good care of you. Drop me a note if I can be of any help to you in the return process. I'm sure they will replace it with a like model since your scope is no longer made. Please keep me in the loop to let me know how it goes for you. I do freelance Shooting Event's/PR for Nikon but I am not a Nikon employee. I do have the ear of some higher ups at Nikon and they take CS seriously.

Thanks for the offer, but I called CS line and explained the problem, and received a Service number. Customer rep seemed a little puzzled over the model of scope, and problem, but eventually settled on the fact that it will need to be sent in. I will be sending it in later this week. So far so good.

-George Washington
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I have been looking at buying a back up set of binos. I am a solid Zeiss guy but at 1k and up the Nikons look like a decent option for a back up.

Any ideas here? Stay away from them because of the warranty issues or???

I have a pair of Monarch 5, 10x42, that I have hunted with for the past two years and I am very happy with them.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Good luck if you don't have the original sales receipt and registration info. If you do, your chances are 50/50 at best.

Nikon has Never, I repeat Never require me to produce a sales receipt or waranty card for anything I sent in. I bought two older scopes from someone else, told Nikon I was not original owner and they said, no problem. You're still covered. They treated me very well.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
A quick update for my original post. Sent the malfunctioning scope in on about 12-1-15. Received a replacement scope today, a Monarch 3, 2x8.

All parts of the process worked pretty easy, so I will compliment Nikon on their customer service overall.

-George Washington
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Good to hear.

I hope they get more consistent with top notch CS.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
cv540 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by bman940

Bman940, hope you see this post and pass on kudos to whoever you interact with at Nikon.

-George Washington
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So glad all worked out the way it is supposed too. Thank you for the update.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 11point, 12344mag, 46 invisible), 2,549 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,360
Posts18,468,975
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.