Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
“I hate to see it, but it really is the only way defenders can hit now,” Brady said, referring to NFL rules that try to dissuade potentially dangerous hits to the head.

“I bet if you asked the players, they would really rather go high than low,” Brady said. “I don’t think it’s dirty. I just think that’s how football is played now.”

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ptarmigan
The Pats are beat up and didn't play well enough to win. Gronk apparently didn't get hurt too bad thankfully. They'll get back some receivers for the playoffs and be fine. Osweiler looks good. I think its his time in Denver now. I like seeing new blood coming into their own in the NFL. Some questionable calls/no calls from the officials tonight. Pretty much standard officiating anymore, regardless of who is on the field. Go Pats!!!

The "receiving calls" IMO are so nuanced now as to a reception vs an Incomplete pass that they seem to have to review half of them. That one where there was the slightest bobble (only noticed in slo mo on replay) by the receiver but he came down with it was ruled an incomplete pass. It's crazy--it be so much easier that if the player retains possession of the ball to the ground regardless of any juggling act in between it'd be a completion. If you don't have it quite secured but keep it alive and in possession to the ground almost takes more focus and skill.

It was a very good game to watch. Brady is very good but glad to see the young Bronc QB notch one in good fashion.

338rcm Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Great Game by both teams, was glad to see the Broncos come out on top

The kid played very well, better than many expected

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
It's pretty easy to see that the kid has some real talent. Very athletic for his size as well.

Personally I'd bench Manning from here on out. He won't like it but BFD, his time is up.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Irrespective of what you may think of the officiating, they got the clock operation correct. There was no screw up on that. You have to let that one go, just like the Michael Brown thing. It didn't happen like it is being complained about.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I enjoyed the game even though I didn't have a horse in the race. I too like seeing young guys come into their own.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I thought there were a couple of calls that were a little puzzling but the clock thing was not a screw up. I don't think the hit on Gronk was dirty either. The one offensive pass interference was a head scratcher but I guess I don't know the rules.

Glad to see the ASU alum win a big game like that!

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by George_De_Vries_3rd

The "receiving calls" IMO are so nuanced now as to a reception vs an Incomplete pass that they seem to have to review half of them.
For sure..

Why don't they leave it simple? Catch the ball, keep 2 feet in bounds, don't let it go until you're azz (or knees, or whatever) is on the turf?

Simple. Done that way for decades. NOW, it's "gotta complete the 'process', whatever that may mean on any given Sunday... What a total crock...

Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Irrespective of what you may think of the officiating,
... Speaking of that, even Mike Pereira noted that the officiating this year is among the worst ever. Sez it's due to the 'younger' refs coming into the league.. Well, if they don't have a freakin' CLUE, then WTH are they doing reffing a game in the NFL?

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Gronk has a rep for offensive pass interference so he was on the radar.

I think Brock would have had a much better game if the ball had not bounced off the receivers hands a dozen times.

Good game.

NRA Life Member
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

123 members (7887mm08, 44mc, 007FJ, 7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 35, 11 invisible), 1,496 guests, and 787 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,565
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.