Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 149 of 149 1 2 147 148 149
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Did anyone catch that BWB 35 Whelen on GB yesterday? 1 of 100. 2 motivated (and probably blind drunk) bidders.

Stupid money

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
GB1

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
Good lawd, that’s insane!

Originally Posted by bbassi
Did anyone catch that BWB 35 Whelen on GB yesterday? 1 of 100. 2 motivated (and probably blind drunk) bidders.

Stupid money

Originally Posted by beretzs

I used an 06 with 212 ELD this year. I kinda joked with my buddies it was sorta like a 6.5 Creed with some ballz...
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I saw that myself. It’s a pile of money for that rifle.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The logo on the receiver makes it more accurate and kill better.

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Stupid money

That stock is hideous.

Camp is where you make it.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by DaveinWV
The logo on the receiver makes it more accurate and kill better.

Someone trying to buy skill?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Morgoth
When I think of pump actions...I think of over complicated actions with long flimsy connecting bars that love to bend and snap when something binds up. I have enough fun breaking down mossberg 500s at work for occasional cleaning... I dont want that headache from any of my personal weapons

Never used one, eh?

In fact they are simple actions that are quite robust and reliable. I've had many over the years from 223 up to 35Whelens and loaded for them all. They will digest max loads and extract with no problem at all. Also, they are quite easy to disassemble for cleaning including removing the barrel. No special tools required.

Furthermore .... A rifle is not a weapon unless it it used as such.

N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Originally Posted by SuperCub
When I think of pump actions...I think of over complicated actions with long flimsy connecting bars that love to bend and snap when something binds up. I have enough fun breaking down mossberg 500s at work for occasional cleaning... I dont want that headache from any of my personal weapons

Never used one, eh?

In fact they are simple actions that are quite robust and reliable. I've had many over the years from 223 up to 35Whelens and loaded for them all. They will digest max loads and extract with no problem at all. Also, they are quite easy to disassemble for cleaning including removing the barrel. No special tools required.

Has anyone ever heard of a "connecting bar" ever bending or breaking on any Remington pump?

M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Northern_Jim

Never used one, eh?

Has anyone ever heard of a "connecting bar" ever bending or breaking on any Remington pump?
Nope. Am I missing something?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
back off , Rambo Morgoman has spoken . he reminds me of the guy that wears all tactical clothes at his Mickey dees job

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Stupid money

$5800?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

For sellers on GB, it's always best to end an auction after 10pm - the bidding can get downright reckless after a pint or seven.

WWP53D
M
MagMarc Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Northern_Jim

Never used one, eh?

Nope. Not an 870, 760 or 7600.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by SKane

Stupid money

$5800?

For sellers on GB, it's always best to end an auction after 10pm - the bidding can get downright reckless after a pint or seven.

If they pay......

FJB
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Same seller listed a 308 plastic carbine Sunday that’s up over $2K already. Better than a 401k!

They say everything happens for a reason.
For me that reason is usually because I've made some bad decisions that I need to pay for.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Never used one, eh?

WHAT SC said! grin

I've spent a long lifetime shooting MANY 870's, 7600's and 760's and never had an issue with the connecting bars!

Last edited by Whelen Nut; 03/20/24. Reason: added text

'Tis far better to walk alone than to follow a crowd going the wrong way.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by Whelen Nut

Never used one, eh?

WHAT SC said! grin

I've spent a long lifetime shooting MANY 870's, 7600's and 760's and never had an issue with the connecting bars!

More internet folklore from people that haven't used one before.

Camp is where you make it.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ve seen broken action bars on 870s but never a 760/7600. The shotgun action bars are smaller and have the angled cutouts to activate the shell latches. The 760/7600 action bars have no such cutouts and are one solid piece that is attached to the bolt carrier and therefore much more rigid.

I will say that while not normally a problem the pumps don’t have the extraction camming power of a bolt rifle. The second buck I ever killed I had to give my 760 a Pogo stick whack on the butt while holding the forend to get it to spit the empty out after the first shot. Likely due to a dirty chamber back before I knew any better.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheKid
I will say that while not normally a problem the pumps don’t have the extraction camming power of a bolt rifle. The second buck I ever killed I had to give my 760 a Pogo stick whack on the butt while holding the forend to get it to spit the empty out after the first shot. Likely due to a dirty chamber back before I knew any better.
I've seen a couple rifles (one 760 included) that had a very fine covering of rust in the chamber that would hold spent shells like a vice grip, even with very light loads.

Very fine steel wool on a slotted dowel with lots of light oil chucked in a slow drill fixed them both.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by TheKid
I've seen a couple rifles (one 760 included) that had a very fine covering of rust in the chamber that would hold spent shells like a vice grip, even with very light loads.

Very fine steel wool on a slotted dowel with lots of light oil chucked in a slow drill fixed them both.

Yep, a lot of them with a lot of people had the habit of getting used hard and not well cared for until all of a sudden there's a problem. Guy dropped one off here because it wouldn't go off. Said the trigger would pull and nothing would happen. Took one look in the chamber and seen the problem. Dirty, rusty. Action would go closed but too tight to go forward enough to completely close where it would lock the action bar, so therefore the trigger wouldn't set.

I cleaned it by hand with a slotted dowel and fine scotch brite soaked in Hoppe's. Shined the bore right up. Worked like a top after that .

One is alone in a land so vast, there is only the mountains, the wind, and the eyes of God.
Page 149 of 149 1 2 147 148 149

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

605 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 1,992 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,189
Posts18,465,772
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.