Print Thread
Hop To
T
TXRam Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Bought a P-22 2-7x32 scope off here a month or so ago, only came with the high velocity turret (duplex reticle). I wanted just a plain MOA turret (like comes on the same scope with the BDC reticle). I called the parts phone number several times, never got through to anyone and no ability to leave a message for a return call. Finally called the repairs number - what a mistake. Told them I bought it used, just wanted to buy the MOA turret. Nope, against their policy - can only replace/sell me the missing Std Vel turret. Even asked to speak to a supervisor, same answer. Neither really had any real knowledge of their products, etc., just their policies.

I'm done with 'em!

BP-B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Don't get me started....sent you a PM TX.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sorry to hear of your experience with Nikon. I've had good luck with them, but no company is immune to this. This past fall, I received a brand new VX-R 3-9x50 that was supposed to have the Firedot duplex reticle. The box was factory sealed, correctly-marked and had serial numbers of box/scope matched but the scope inside had the TMR, which isn't even offered in that model (or wasn't at the time). The first person I talked to, after trying to convince me I knew not of what reticle I talked about, was emphatic that the reticle change had to take place OUTSIDE of the Leupold factory. He basically offered no help, despite my providing not only the serial # but close-up photos of everything, including the receipt and the reticle.

The next person took care of EVERYTHING in an expedited fashion and proved to be the model of what customer service should be. Without even asking, he immediately overnighted me the correct scope.

The other person repeatedly pointed out that it could NOT be exchanged.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You know they are very anti-hunting....right?

F'em

"Any one who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian."
- Henry Ford
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Nikon customer service sucks..

So do most of their scopes!!

IC B2

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
I'll be the first guy at Leupold got a lashing for that treatment, if anyone else found out about it.

From all experiences I have had, the second experience is the norm.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by whitedogone
You know they are very anti-hunting....right?

F'em

My thoughts too. About what I would expect from a company that schits on its customers as a matter of policy.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I won't buy another Nikon. My brother in law and I each bought Buckmaster 6 x 18s with A/O that would not properly adjust. He sent his back to no avail. I sold mine. My daughter's rifle has a Monarch 3.3 x 10 with A/O lens. Hers works properly and she has killed 22 deer with 22 shots. Late one evening we were hunting from the same stand and I saw a good buck about 260 yards away. Light was fading but I could see him well enough to shoot with my Zeiss Conquest. I told her to shoot but she couldn't even see the deer. I tried trading rifles with her but the deer walked off before she could aquire target. Also I could not see the deer with the Nikon after we traded. In the last 2 or 3 years I got a catalog listing a bunch of refurbished Nikons.Guess maybe they did not work out at their first home. My daughters Monarch works fine as long as there is good light, but we like to hunt to the last legal minute. That time of day tells the tale. We have had good luck hunting in bad light with Leupold vx3, Zeiss, and Burris.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We traded into a older monarch 4-12 for a song. It was beyond blurry and returned it to Nikon. They returned it with a list of horse schit they had done. Thing is still like looking underwater with no goggles. Returned it. Received a new production Monarch in return. No fuss, no drama, just our experience.

Last edited by woodson; 02/02/16.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It must be the luck of the draw on customer service agent. I returned my 7-15X35 because the fogged. They sent me a new up grade that was water proof. No cost.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Nikons I used to own (the originals mostly) were clear enough, but as far as customer service, and overall performance go, my preference in Jap glass is Bushnell. Every Elite I've had since the B&L days was very rugged. I've returned some old Bushnells and always received a better new model in return...quickly. That includes an old Sportview I returned for a friend last month (his Howa wouldn't hold a group like it used to) and received a brand new Trophy XLT with Rainguard about a week later.

Bushnell>Nikon these days IMO.

Nut

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.

Thomas Jefferson

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What did you expect? If CS is going to be a crap shoot I'd just rather go w/an assured thing. I think the scope's name starts w/L. powdr

Last edited by powdr; 02/03/16.
W
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
W
I've had good luck the one and only time I had to use Nikon CS. Sorry to hear you had trouble. But, likely the culprit is their policy as you described, not so much their CS. Doesn't mean its right, seems like your request was pretty simple.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
powdr,

Just this week someone complained about Leupold customer service. They said the first person more or less told them to get lost. They called again and everything was okay.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nikon does suck, had extensive dealing with their service last year and it was root-canalesque.
One optic was sent back to me with the same debris STILL in the view, they didn't even open the scope. They thought I wouldn't notice the huge dust specks in the view.

I had to stay on their asses constantly to get several optic items repaired. I did finally get them back and fixed, but overall it was awful...done with them. period.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Yep, me too, no more Nikons for me.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
And your point is Ringman? powdr

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
624 members (160user, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 12308300, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,859 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,740
Posts18,401,130
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.