Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
For guys that have done it how has the longevity and wear been on your cerakoted CRF rifle extractors?

I am having the barreled action cerakoted on a Mauser build that I am finishing up. The 3 position safety will also be coated.

What I do not know is if I should have the extractor, collar or any other bolt components coated as well? the bolt body is jeweled and I am afraid of gumming up my action, so that will stay bare. Not sure about the bolt handle yet.

Thoughts and experiences?

Semper Fi

BP-B6

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I have a CZ550 that was cerakoted - the entire bolt and claw extractor. No issues at all and the bolt operation is very smooth. I have a Kimber being rebarreled and that will have cerakote on the extractor...I don't anticipate any problems with that either.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Just make sure that the interior of the action doesn't get coated - I know of a Stiller that got totally locked up that way. Stillers have pretty tight tolerances, though, especially compared to Mausers.

After the coating gets broken in, you'll likely find that your bolt runs like greased lightning.

Originally Posted by RED53
Some shooting knowledge: Don't stand in front of the muzzle. Some hunting knowledge: Too much noise ruins the hunt.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by haverluk
For guys that have done it how has the longevity and wear been on your cerakoted CRF rifle extractors?

I am having the barreled action cerakoted on a Mauser build that I am finishing up. The 3 position safety will also be coated.

What I do not know is if I should have the extractor, collar or any other bolt components coated as well? the bolt body is jeweled and I am afraid of gumming up my action, so that will stay bare. Not sure about the bolt handle yet.

Thoughts and experiences?

No problemo whatsoever......:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
187 members (32_20fan, 257_X_50, 1minute, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 26 invisible), 2,068 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,726
Posts18,400,645
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.