24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
As I got older my hands started to get arthritic, now days nothing smaller than a J frame .32 H&R mag or my Cole Government .380. Much prefer the Commander as it is .45 and all steel, eases the recoil a BUNCH.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hillybear

I understand your thoughts on CC shooters.

I'm 6'5" and 250lbs and I went on a quest for a cute little mouse gun that I could hit stuff with. I went through a bunch of those little bitty shooters and didn't have any luck with accuracy with any of them.

I did get a S&W 60-7 that I had the hammer bobed and the sweetest trigger job imaginable done on it and surprisingly I could hit stuff with it!!!! After carrying it for a while in a bad commercial area where I had a client one day I noticed that the cylinder only had 5 holes in it ???? Now I could hit stuff with it but sometimes the bad boys come in fours and fives in this neighborhood.

As time went by it seemed that the Gun makers started to address the market for shooters that were small AND accurate. Next stop for me was a Glock 26 and all was good and still is good along with a Glock 27. Some trigger work by me has helped in the "hitting stuff" department.

I did happen to walk by the gun counter in the local GS and noticed a Ruger LC9S Pro being fondeled by a bunch of lads. I held it and tested the trigger and bought it on the spot. Super light, think and a fabulous trigger that helps to hit stuff. I carry it in a OWB DeSantis holster and have been very happy with that change.

See if it works for you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Yep, got rid of my pocket mouse guns, just could not shoot em anymore.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redhill
Hillybear

I understand your thoughts on CC shooters.

I'm 6'5" and 250lbs and I went on a quest for a cute little mouse gun that I could hit stuff with. I went through a bunch of those little bitty shooters and didn't have any luck with accuracy with any of them.

I did get a S&W 60-7 that I had the hammer bobed and the sweetest trigger job imaginable done on it and surprisingly I could hit stuff with it!!!! After carrying it for a while in a bad commercial area where I had a client one day I noticed that the cylinder only had 5 holes in it ???? Now I could hit stuff with it but sometimes the bad boys come in fours and fives in this neighborhood.

As time went by it seemed that the Gun makers started to address the market for shooters that were small AND accurate. Next stop for me was a Glock 26 and all was good and still is good along with a Glock 27. Some trigger work by me has helped in the "hitting stuff" department.

I did happen to walk by the gun counter in the local GS and noticed a Ruger LC9S Pro being fondeled by a bunch of lads. I held it and tested the trigger and bought it on the spot. Super light, think and a fabulous trigger that helps to hit stuff. I carry it in a OWB DeSantis holster and have been very happy with that change.

See if it works for you.

I have handled the LC 9 and its not too bad. The S&W Shield feels good in my hand too.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you are looking at the LC9 make sure you handle the LC9s or the LC9s Pro. Those two models are striker fired and have a much better trigger pull than the LC9 which is a hammer fired with the long long trigger pull as you probably already know.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Redhill
If you are looking at the LC9 make sure you handle the LC9s or the LC9s Pro. Those two models are striker fired and have a much better trigger pull than the LC9 which is a hammer fired with the long long trigger pull as you probably already know.

I am pretty sure the one I looked at was the LC9 Pro. The trigger wasn't too bad at all.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

V
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
V
I wont go any smaller than a compact 9mm. I ran a shield for a while but just never warmed up for it, even then it was a second gun. I go with a full size M&P and just dress around it.

Hunt hard, kill clean, waste nothing and offer no apologies.

"In rifle work, group size is of some interest...but it is well to remember that a rifleman does not shoot groups, he shoots shots." Jeff Cooper

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I do well enough with a Sig P938 that it has become well worn in a IWB holster. IT's easy to hide even in shorts and a T. I'm only 6' and 195lbs though. I am too thin to hide a full size except in the winter. What I'm considering is a vertical shoulder rig.

Whatever you carry you'd be a fool not to practice with it.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
I may be the exception to the rule but I prefer a full size gun to a compact model for concealed carry use.

I do not like the small guns like the Kel-Tec or LCP .380's at all. They just feel too awkward to me and are much harder for me to shoot well with.

I shoot better and guns like a 1911, HP, Glock, or Springfield XD.

I have also never had any problems concealing the larger guns but that may be largely due to physical size/frame.

Anybody else the same way or am I just "special" ( watch the wise ass stuff please. I am very sensitive whistle )?
I'm with you. I've regularly carried full sized, all steel, 1911s, S&W K-Frames, and currently a Glock 17. My ability to shoot it well takes priority. First I find a handgun I shoot well (which is usually a full sized one), and then I seek ways of carrying it concealed, not the other way around.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
723 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 007FJ, 1234, 17CalFan, 64 invisible), 2,931 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,757
Posts18,401,358
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.