Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
K
KevinHo Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Im new to this forum so here goes. I have two holsters for sale for a Ruger Blackhawk or super Blackhawk with a 4.6 inch bbl. First is a "guides choice chest holster" from diamond d custom leather from Wasilla Alaska. It is for right handed shooters. Comes with removable flap & extra screws. Only thing wrong with it, the wide part of the shoulder strap is sweat stained. $180 Next for the same gun is a "Simply Rugged" flapjack holster with the "Chesty Puller" chest rig. This one is lightly scarred from moderate use, also right handed. Not the prettiest holster out there but its got to be the most versatile. $100. You can visit their websites to check them out or pm me with a cell phone # & Ill send you pictures. I just joined this forum to sell these, but Im on the good guy list on the "Rokslide" backpack hunting forum where Ive been a member since 2012 or 2013? You can check me out over there. I go by "badkneesbro". Let me know if you have any questions.

GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
How loose will a medium frame Blackhawk be with the simply rugged? I do not want the gun falling out.

K
KevinHo Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Ive sent you a pm regarding this, please bare with me while I learn to get around on this site. I got an email back from simply rugged, & they said, "try it". I sent them another email to get some clarification, but I don't think Ill here from them until Monday.

K
KevinHo Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Just got the email from simply rugged. He says a holster for your gun would be so close to the one I have, you would just have to try it. You should know, the only part of your revolver that will stick out of the holster will be the grip. Its a deep fit, & I expect it would be a snug fit, so there you go.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Photos?

Keep moving forward!
IC B2

K
KevinHo Offline OP
OP Offline
K
I took some pictures with my cell phone that aren't very good, but if you pm me your cell phone #, I can send them to you. I will take some better pictures by Monday & get them posted on the fire, once I figure out how to do it.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I will take the Simply Rugged holster. I am off to work. I will look at my paypal acct and get you the funds. Does the holster have a hammer strap? I am assuming the flap kept the revolver covered and secure.

K
KevinHo Offline OP
OP Offline
K
No it has no hammer strap or thong. These holsters are made to fit tight enough so that you don't need one, so you can draw quickly enough to defend yourself. It is tight enough that I have to turn it upside down & shake it hard a few times to get it to fall out.(over a mattress of course) The flap is for weather protection only. It tilts forward so that you can still draw quickly without unsnapping anything,it in no way retains the gun. This is the way I prefer to carry in bear country. I actually love this holster, Ive switched to a bladetek holster that I can unclip from my backpack without taking off the pack, but it retains the gun the same way the S.R. does. I use to carry in an old holster I had modified with duct tape with no retention straps, that fit much looser than this one, & I had plenty of confidence that it wouldn't fall out because of the way the gun sat so deeply in the holster. As Ive said, if you don't like it, Ill refund your money.

K
KevinHo Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The "Simply Rugged Flapjack" holster is sold! I still have the "Guides Choice" chest holster for sale, & will post pictures asap.

K
KevinHo Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Dropping the price of the "Guides Choice" to $150. Absolutely the lowest Ill go.

IC B3

K
KevinHo Offline OP
OP Offline
K
You need this!

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (160user, 1minute, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 63 invisible), 3,229 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,533
Posts18,452,957
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.