Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Steve - just ordered a couple. I've had one that's very similar that a guy in Arkansas built for me about 30 years ago. Working birds last week and kept looking at the blade about worn out and wondering what I was going to do when I did. Now I know! I'll give you a report.....

Donny

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Got mine today, made some good loud sounds that had all the turkeys running and hiding. Of course the only turkeys within earshot were teenage kids, good riddance!
Easy to use, well crafted and can't wait to get out after em one year.

Keep Smiling
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I'll take one. If you have a cherry wood version I'd prefer that.

Vice grip for pliers, pliers for a wrench...wrench for a hammer...hammer's everything else. - Corb Lund
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Seven calls going out today! Thanks!

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Got mine Friday, really easy to use. Have about 10 minutes on one of them and it works great! Can't imagine what it could do in the hands of a good turkey hunter!

Thanks again.

Ken

Talent is what you're born with, skills are what you earn. - Rod Smith

Time flies, but remember, you are the pilot!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the great testimonial, smallcal. Hope come May 1 it makes you an outstanding turkey hunter!

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Steve - got my calls today and had time to chalk them up and play with them. Very good tone. Very pleased with these calls and the craftmanship, well worth the money.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Two mailed yesterday. Thanks, guys.

Steve.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steve I just ordered one on your site. I filled one tag yesterday but I have another tag to fill before the season is over in two weeks. I'm hoping I get this call real soon so I can get some practice time in and then use it in the field this season.
Thanks!

-----Life's too short to hunt with an ugly rifle or shotgun.-----
-----NRA Lifetime Endowment Member-----
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks. I'll be out of town all day today, but I'll send it out Saturday AM by First Class mail. Good luck with your second bird!

Steve.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Six more calls going out today. I'm down to just a couple. I'll need to put some work in next week.

Thanks, everyone.
Steve.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
One more today, plus some contacts from people who don't want to order using PayPal.

Steve.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Steve, I got the call today! Been trying it out practicing the different sounds that this call makes. Going out Thursday morning and this call will get it's first field test from me.
Thanks!

-----Life's too short to hunt with an ugly rifle or shotgun.-----
-----NRA Lifetime Endowment Member-----
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Good luck khough.
I'm heading for the post office now with 5 calls. Some were from people who sent checks.

Steve.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Three went out today. Turkey seasons have wound down in the south, but are just opening now in the northern states.

Steve.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Three more shipped today to Virginia and Montana. I'm down to Cherry only. That's the most popular anyway. My ratio is 3 Cherry to 1 Maple.

I probably won't have any more Maple ready to go until June.

Thanks, everybody. I'm hearing good results about my call. Here's one I'll share that I sold to a guy near Punxsutawney, PA when I was just starting:

I happen to snag one of your calls to try out and I killed one with it that year and pretty much every year after. We used your call on Saturday to call in these two Toms. It is definitely my go to call. (Love the way it purrs) I just wanted to THANK you for the call. It's making great memories.

Steve.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

218 members (160user, 12344mag, 2500HD, 22kHornet, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 22 invisible), 2,281 guests, and 924 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,281
Posts18,467,718
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.