Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is but still has a heavy duty slide spring.

GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by rondrews
Thanks. I'll give the Glock a look.
I've got both the 19 and 17, and only carry the 17. Zero noticeable difference in comfort in carry, and nearly that little difference in concealability, but two more rounds and longer sight radius. I also shoot the 17 noticeably better.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by FreeMe

As much as I like the. Kahr pistols, I wouldn't say that their slides cycle easy by hand. Although I haven't tried the T series, the smaller ones are stiffer than the K-T PF9. I haven't handled the LC9 either, so that's the best comparison I can make.

Easy cycling can be had with Glocks, and other larger pistols such as the HiPower or 1911.

I can't say that I've ever done a comparison, but I just got my Kahr out and racked the slide.

I can't imagine anyone having any trouble with it. I don't know what the Ruger is like.

In my opinion, DAO pistols are meant to be carried with one in the chamber ready to go, anyway. So for me, racking the slide isn't going to be an issue during a self defense situation.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bristoe

As much as I like the. Kahr pistols, I wouldn't say that their slides cycle easy by hand. Although I haven't tried the T series, the smaller ones are stiffer than the K-T PF9. I haven't handled the LC9 either, so that's the best comparison I can make.

Easy cycling can be had with Glocks, and other larger pistols such as the HiPower or 1911.

I can't say that I've ever done a comparison, but I just got my Kahr out and racked the slide.

I can't imagine anyone having any trouble with it. I don't know what the Ruger is like.

In my opinion, DAO pistols are meant to be carried with one in the chamber ready to go, anyway. So for me, racking the slide isn't going to be an issue during a self defense situation.

I agree that one should be in the chamber. I don't think the average adult male should have any problem cycling the slide on a Kahr, but holding it back for disassembly can be a challenge if you don't have their little trick tool.

Deflave has the answer.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
I have handled one and agree with earlier posters. Lighter, shorter trigger pull than the LC9. Slide takes a little effort and on the one I shot the slide had to be pulled back slightly to release the latch.

R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
I checked around one day and tried a lot of Slides. The easiest was a Kahr, but a bit above my price range. I found a Very reasonable Hi-Point 9MM Really a nice weapon, but a bit ugly. So I Bought one. Then I found a Taurus G2 9MM that was also easier than my Ruger. So I bought one of those for my wife. But when she tried to load the Mag's she could only get two in. So I tried it and I could only get three in. These mags are impossible. They are both going back to Taurus today. Taurus told me to load them fully and let them stand for a week or so. Funny! How in the hell can you do that if you can only get three in?

Better to be over the hill than under it.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The LC9s is far better than the original LC9, trigger & slide spring they got it right and shoots great!

Semper Fi USMC/0331
RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Dave

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

I agree that one should be in the chamber. I don't think the average adult male should have any problem cycling the slide on a Kahr, but holding it back for disassembly can be a challenge if you don't have their little trick tool.

Deflave has the answer.

Not sure I get that part, Freeme. Taking my 2 Kahrs apart are right up there with the easiest to disassemble guns I own. I use the right hand thumb behind the grip, palm over the slide, line up the notch, push the pin out from the back side method. Almost a 1-hand operation, except I use my left hand to slightly assist holding the slide back and pop the slide stop out with the second index finger on my left hand. Easy peezy.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Deflave has the answer.

Not sure I get that part, Freeme. Taking my 2 Kahrs apart are right up there with the easiest to disassemble guns I own. I use the right hand thumb behind the grip, palm over the slide, line up the notch, push the pin out from the back side method. Almost a 1-hand operation, except I use my left hand to slightly assist holding the slide back and pop the slide stop out with the second index finger on my left hand. Easy peezy.

You sure your recoil spring is okay? I've had several different autos that are/were easier to take down. Maybe my old K9 is different?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Deflave has the answer.

You sure your recoil spring is okay? I've had several different autos that are/were easier to take down. Maybe my old K9 is different?

I have 2 Kahrs and do just like local_dirt - pistol upside down, thumb behind grip and holding slide back with my hand/fingers, no issues at all. Just like Uncle Sam taught me 25yrs ago...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
PM9 is very good pistol.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

340 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 264mag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 303savage, 38 invisible), 2,256 guests, and 1,186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,133
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.