Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Tracks
Originally Posted by elkhunternm
Schit!

Is the .460 Wby the best ever varmint cartridge?

No.
The best ever is in my safe.
I'm not telling you what it is, because if the word got out I would be unable to buy cheap brass.
I understand a few guys have figured it out though.

Tracks,

Some would disagree and answer YES!

Whacks the snot out of long ears!

It is adequate for pests (varmints) up to the size of pachyderms and rhinos (rhinos have thick skin, do they qualify as "pachyderms"?). If you have a garden near these kinds of critters, they are varmints, not trophy animals.

It will certain kill mice, rats, voles, moles etc and if one misses the muzzle blast usually will drive them into the next county.

One could even use it around the house for flies and skeeters on the walls. Home Depot would be happy.

Therefor all bases are covered, and it's "the best" varmint cartridge ever.

The .375 H/H will do in a pinch and some dude back in the day killed big sheit with a 6.5 mm and roundnosed bullets or something, but the big .460 is the BEST.

Geno

PS, the only "varmints" I have shot are rats, with a bb gun. But I know whatof I speak. I read the innanet a lot. ALL the info one needs is out there, just google it. (I read that somewhere too)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'd like to try the latest Campfire craze and get me one a them sock puppets. Nobody would recognize my style because I'm on everyone's ignore, so maybe it'd work.

I know it doesn't mean much, but I don't have you on ignore...

You're a trendsetter. You'll get voted off first. grin

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Gus, umm BM, do you like mushrooms?
My guess is that BurningMan is really paddler.

That crossed my mind too....whoever he is he's clearly a troll....ignore him....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Schit!

No.
I'm not telling you what it is, because if the word got out I would be unable to buy cheap brass.

Tracks,

It is adequate for pests (varmints) up to the size of pachyderms and rhinos (rhinos have thick skin, do they qualify as "pachyderms"?). If you have a garden near these kinds of critters, they are varmints, not trophy animals.

It will certain kill mice, rats, voles, moles etc and if one misses the muzzle blast usually will drive them into the next county.

One could even use it around the house for flies and skeeters on the walls. Home Depot would be happy.

The .375 H/H will do in a pinch and some dude back in the day killed big sheit with a 6.5 mm and roundnosed bullets or something, but the big .460 is the BEST.

Geno

PS, the only "varmints" I have shot are rats, with a bb gun. But I know whatof I speak. I read the innanet a lot. ALL the info one needs is out there, just google it. (I read that somewhere too)

"some dude back in the day killed big sheit with a 6.5 mm"

Hmmm...that would have been W.D.M. 'Karamojo' Bell!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Schit!

No.

Tracks,

Geno

"some dude back in the day killed big sheit with a 6.5 mm"

Hmmm...that would have been W.D.M. 'Karamojo' Bell!

(Shhhh, don't let the cat out of the bag)

Geno

PS. I knew that, see part about me reading alot. Even BEFORE the innanet! Real books and stuff..

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 2500HD, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 47 invisible), 2,799 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,597
Posts18,454,376
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.