Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Online Shocked
Campfire Ranger
Prince and Merle in the same thread wtf. U so called guys can keep your purple rain ...I where my own kinda hat .

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Squirrelnut
If the current fuss about Prince (may he RIP) doesn't sum to anything else, it provides a grim picture of the degree to which discernment and taste have sunk in this culture during the past 25 years or so. His writings and performances were designed to appeal to the base aspects - and he was very successful.

We get it...you don't like Prince or his music, you've made that abundantly clear. Others of us disagree. Sure is a lot of effort on here being put into tearing the man down after he died. I think now I'll go fire up the turntable and put on my Purple Rain album and satisfy my obviously base and uncultured instincts.

You are wrong - I do like some of what he played at times and never said I didn't. Did you miss the part about musicianship?

What I haven't missed is your seemingly limitless capacity for sanctimonious and condescending responses to anyone who disagrees with you both on this thread and the other Prince thread.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The thing about purple rain in my view is the movie is that lead singer 4 the time acting performance stole the show. The woman dressed (princes girlfriend) nice also. The movies best musical set was the "shirtless set" where prince ended with the song Nikii. The song purple rain has layers of lead guitar that is hard to emulate. Merle Haggard is perhaps a top ten lyric writer, no doubt. Just my opinion.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If the current fuss about Prince (may he RIP) doesn't sum to anything else, it provides a grim picture of the degree to which discernment and taste have sunk in this culture during the past 25 years or so. His writings and performances were designed to appeal to the base aspects - and he was very successful.

We get it...you don't like Prince or his music, you've made that abundantly clear. Others of us disagree. Sure is a lot of effort on here being put into tearing the man down after he died. I think now I'll go fire up the turntable and put on my Purple Rain album and satisfy my obviously base and uncultured instincts.

You are wrong - I do like some of what he played at times and never said I didn't. Did you miss the part about musicianship?

What I haven't missed is your seemingly limitless capacity for sanctimonious and condescending responses to anyone who disagrees with you both on this thread and the other Prince thread.

Sort it out Squirrelnut - if you could read you would see that I have no concern with opinion disagreement. That is normal - and I merely give evidence for mine. You can opine all you wish about condescension and sanctimony - but you have zero knowledge there.

If you read for comprehension, you will see that my strong rejoinders were to folks who stooped from the topic and lowered themselves to personal attacks. I don't start such fights, but do punch back.

If you felt stung by the simple impersonal critical analysis of the music and then assumed condescension, the cause is somewhere in your own weakness. If you don't like the stiff rejoinders, don't stoop to personal attacks. Done here with you too.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Sort it out Squirrelnut - if you could read you would see that I have no concern with opinion disagreement. That is normal - and I merely give evidence for mine. You can opine all you wish about condescension and sanctimony - but you have zero knowledge there.

If you read for comprehension, you will see that my strong rejoinders were to folks who stooped from the topic and lowered themselves to personal attacks. I don't start such fights, but do punch back.

If you felt stung by the simple impersonal critical analysis of the music and then assumed condescension, the cause is somewhere in your own weakness. If you don't like the stiff rejoinders, don't stoop to personal attacks. Done here with you too.

Thank you for proving my point. You launched straight into an ad hominem attack questioning my ability to read. Fact is, you are a condescending azzhole convinced for some reason of your superiority over others. All you've succeeded in doing on these Prince threads is make yourself look petty and jealous in your attempts to diminish him. Must suck that a huge musical genius like you is reduced to spending his time tearing down a successful musician on an Internet message board instead of selling millions of records and receiving the acclaim you must so justly deserve.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Thank you for proving my point. You launched straight into an ad hominem attack questioning my ability to read. Fact is, you are a condescending azzhole convinced for some reason of your superiority over others. All you've succeeded in doing on these Prince threads is make yourself look petty and jealous in your attempts to diminish him. Must suck that a huge musical genius like you is reduced to spending his time tearing down a successful musician on an Internet message board instead of selling millions of records and receiving the acclaim you must so justly deserve.

Uh oh.

Doncha know that CCCC is a self-claimed badass counter puncher just like he is a self-claimed NFL band class musician.

Even though he says he is done with you, I suspect the Innanet bully in him will not let your post stand unanswered.

I kinda shiver in awe of him and have Depends on hand just in case I might soil myself.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Country and prince

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Blacks need heroes too.

And they pay them well.

300 million for the Prince.

But he considered that to be "slave wages"

His music was as self indulgent as that implies.

But compared to de rapperz he was a musical genius.

A least Prince could play a Pentatonic Scale

Ask a rappa what dat iz?

"Supernatural divinities are the primitive's answer to why the sun goes down at night..."
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deer_hunter
Country and prince
my cousin use to play lead guitar for Jackson.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

322 members (1_deuce, 264mag, 1beaver_shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 29aholic, 47 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 1,159 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,219
Posts18,447,433
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.